Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Just bought a couple of their polishes online. Anyone here ever tried this brand before?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

I'll try Boots. Will never be in Bantry or Midleton. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Okay so I was on ebay this morning and couldn't resist so I purchased another three polishes from Color Clubs Wicked Sweet collection. The colours I got were..

Wicked Sweet
    Color+Club+Wicked+Sweet+%25284%2529.jpg

Raspberry Rush
    Color+Club+Rasberry+Rush+%25284%2529.jpg

Gimme a Grape Big Kiss (love that name!!)
    Color+Club+Gimme+A+Grape+Big+Kiss+%25284%2529.jpg

Can't wait to get them!!

:eek: Must. Have. Them!!
    Would you mind Pm-ing me what seller you used for these, please and thank you! :)

I did a big cull of my polishes earlier this year so this is most of what is left.

5825888857_8a46191190.jpg

The baby bottles at the very front are from a special gift box a friend gave me. I love them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

China Glaze - Exceptionally Gifted
    260146_10150217937592259_833992258_7089058_755576_n.jpg

Messy application but what can you do!! Love it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Ooh! I love seeing people's nail polish collections! I might post a picture up but brace yourself I've got a lot, a couple of hundred last time I counted.
    I would love to see your collection :D:p
    I did a big cull of my polishes earlier this year so this is most of what is left.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5318/5825888857_8a46191190.jpg

The baby bottles at the very front are from a special gift box a friend gave me. I love them!
    Can I ask where your friend got the Nails Inc gift box with those colours please? I would love to get it :D

Anyhoo heres my collection, small at the minute, but that shall change :cool: :pac:

P6130019.jpg

I am expecting these to arrive in the next few week :D

Nails Inc - Lexington Street

lexington-street.jpg

Nails Inc - Chelsea

chelsea-nail-polish-as-seen-in-look-magazine.jpg

Nails Inc - Chinatown

chinatown-nail-polish.jpg

Nails Inc - Shoreditch

shoreditch-nail-polish.jpg

Nails Inc - The hurlingham nail polish

3690023009_dfc8ce1418.jpg

MAC Wonder Woman Spirit Of Truth

MAC-Wonder-Woman-Spirit-of-Truth.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

That's a big selection PB!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

This is the worst thread i have ever come across it's so fabulous I am hugely addicted and all i keep thinking about are my nails!!!! I keep looking at other peoples and glancing into every chemist I pass to see have they any new brands!!!! Help! This has got to stop! :P

Where do you buy those glitter pens for nails and the little diamonds that can go on them? (I forsee this being another addiction problem)

Also, anyone try the nail wraps from Hairspray?..

Thanks girlies xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

Purple: J'adore your Nails Inc - Lexington Street, what an amazing colour, it;s like a topaz stone<3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

ladies, ladies, ladies....I though I was the only person with a nail polish problem....

Anyone tried Gelac? I used to a monthly (yes, i was broke) Nails Inc 4 week manicure girl (and although it's still the best) now I occassionaly get the Shellac manicure and this weekend I got a Gelac manicure.

Any after care thoughts? I went with French and I really wish my Nails Inc UV top coat hadn't run out because it's starting to yellow :( they only sell it in a set now.

I think I should be using top coat because the top coat they used seems to be peeling off.

any thoughts/ advice welcome!

Vinta81 wrote: »
    +1.
    chupi wrote: »
    Purple: J'adore your Nails Inc - Lexington Street, what an amazing colour, it;s like a topaz stone<3

I just found this blog and Lexington St is a dark colour nothing like the promo pic :(

http://pretty-random.com/nails-inc-metallics

http://pretty-random.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/lexington-street-300x300.jpg

I'm gonna message dad and see if he can send me a pic of it, if it the dark colour I might send it back, cause it is similar to the Chelsea colour. I'll come back here and let you know what dad says.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

I have only gotten in to painting my nails since March so I only have a small collection (which I keep in the fridge!)

IMAG0277.jpg

I love my new Illamasqua 'Gamma' colour (neon orange top left)...looks great with black graffiti nailvarnish over it!

giddybootz wrote: »
    I have only gotten in to painting my nails since March so I only have a small collection (which I keep in the fridge!)

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=1461e3a4-95d0-11e0-af4e-001e0bcbb1f4&Aux=2114|0|8CDF7F40067EE00||0|1|0|0|7|5&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att

I love my new Illamasqua 'Gamma' colour (neon orange top left)...looks great with black graffiti nailvarnish over it!

I can't see the picture?!?! :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

can ya see it now?

can ya see it now?

Yes :D

IMAG0277.jpg

Which pink and green Rimmel one's are in the middle? They look gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

tan11ie wrote: »
    LOVE that colour but can't find it in the shops, is it from the old range??

Nope, I am pretty sure it's new! I bought it in Boots in Liffey Valley just last week. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

love love this thread so pretty :D

MUA make up academy shade 13 . 1.05e in superdrug. 2 coats.

Can I ask where your friend got the Nails Inc gift box with those colours please? I would love to get it :D

I asked my pal - she said she got it in Nails Inc in Debenhams, Henry St.
    She gave it to me for Christmas so I dont know if it's a seasonal item or available all year round. You could always keep an eye on their site if you've no joy in the shop.

• Advertisement

I asked my pal - she said she got it in Nails Inc in Debenhams, Henry St.
    She gave it to me for Christmas so I dont know if it's a seasonal item or available all year round. You could always keep an eye on their site if you've no joy in the shop.
    Thank you so much, I will keep an eye out for it :)

Photo247.jpg

Models Own - Gold Digger with Barry M nail effect in 315 over.

Novella wrote: »
    Photo247.jpg

Models Own - Gold Digger with Barry M nail effect in 315 over.

:eek: gorgeous!!

:eek: gorgeous!!

Ya think?! This is my first time using that cracking nail varnish and I'm not too impressed! Maybe the OPI one is better than the Barry M one. I actually bought it by accident! I just liked the blue colour, didn't know it was an effect! Thanks though! :) I love your nails, think I've thanked all your posts in this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Col. 405 Rose Libertine :):)

Novella wrote: »
    Ya think?! This is my first time using that cracking nail varnish and I'm not too impressed! Maybe the OPI one is better than the Barry M one. I actually bought it by accident! I just liked the blue colour, didn't know it was an effect! Thanks though! :) I love your nails, think I've thanked all your posts in this thread :)

Yup! I think the contrast between the blue and the gold is so striking!

Thanks for the thanks on my own nails! :p I love doing them, think I'm gonna have to do a course coz I would love to do it professionally! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Col. 405 Rose Libertine :):)
    thats actually lovely! is that polish dear?:)

musical.x wrote: »
    Rimmel polishes are priced between €4 and €6 euros.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

musical.x wrote: »

Around 5 or 6 euro, Boots do deals on lots of the Rimmel 3 for 2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

1563_ROLLOVER.jpgMango Madness

1506%20ROLLOVERa.jpgChampagne

1509_ROLLOVER%281%29.jpgMango

1590_matte_finish_product_image.jpgClear Matte Finisher

This thread has inspired me!! Can't wait for these to arrive.

Advertisement