Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 HSE Ambulance Service Recruitment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭adam88

Yes Limerick has 3 of the standard PTS buses. Student Paramedics do not drive these or crew these. Separate grade of staff with different uniform employed for this.

I thought that alright but I'm nearly sure I see a blue tip getting out of one of them at the out patients at the regional.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

They'd hardly be using them for defensive driving training would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

They would on occasion be crewed by staff other than the PTS grade that normally crew them. They may also occasionally be used as an inter-station transport for relief staff when not being used for PTS functions (e.g. weekends, nights etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 superserg78

anymore word on those who did the recent interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bud6

if you're referring to the guys from 2010 who were invited recently, then no, not at least for me, letters for interview were to be issued w/c 11/6/2012 so fingers crossed that there's post that's not junk and not a bill this week. It's been a long time since that test in 2010 and i had forgotten about it til the text came in. Nice surprise :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭STANDCLEAR!!!

The new panel shouldn't be to long till started with a bit of luck! ..........can't wait too go through the selection process again.......must polish the suit up! :-p

adam88 wrote: »
    Was just talkin to a lad there. He's just been called for interviews with the aim to form a new para class. Apparently he did the aptitude test back in 2010 and its only now that there doing the interviews for the lads that got very low down on the aptitude test
    hi adam88, did you hear anything since from that lad? just wondering if anyone else from 2010 aptitude tests had recent contact from HR in Manorhamilton. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭adam88

bud6 wrote: »
    hi adam88, did you hear anything since from that lad? just wondering if anyone else from 2010 aptitude tests had recent contact from HR in Manorhamilton. Thanks

No all I know is that he was contacted inviting him to fill in that pre-interview booklet, that's all I heard, I did hear a rumour that there only doing enough to fill the remainder of the class and that then there will be a new panel being formed

Thanks adam88. I have been reading through this thread and it seems to be a long process. I wonder how many are needed to fill the class and how many were invited to stage 2 - any info? you seem to be in the know! It's awful having to wait and see if the letter is going to arrive.

Got email earlier stating that interview letter went out in todays post so we'll see what comes 2moro. It's a relief just to know that:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Papp9

So does mean they will advertise, for this new panel, this year or as needs be ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Got email earlier stating that interview letter went out in todays post so we'll see what comes 2moro. It's a relief just to know that:D

Mod Note - No Text Speak please

Any update bud6?

any word on whats happening with the current panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

i have been told that the hse will be recruiting paramedics in autumn 2012 would this be correct ? If so what can i do to be ready for this ,I am going for my ERF course in The next few weeks and am going to do my c1 licience aswell what else is needed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

bk1991 wrote: »
    i have been told that the hse will be recruiting paramedics in autumn 2012 would this be correct ? If so what can i do to be ready for this ,I am going for my ERF course in The next few weeks and am going to do my c1 licience aswell what else is needed ?

Join a voluntary for the experience. Shows interest in the area.

who told you this bk?

I am in my local redcross branch have done a few dutys so far at ofa level at min but doing my erf in the IATI in the next few weeks .Just heard it by word of mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 45 groundhurling

I am in my local redcross branch have done a few dutys so far at ofa level at min but doing my erf in the IATI in the next few weeks .Just heard it by word of mouth

I hope it's true, but I'll believe it when I see it!

I hope it's true, but I'll believe it when I see it!
    same here when was the others ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm sure you meant EFR rather then ERF bk1991 but I don't think it's healthy to speculate rumours around here. A million and one things might happen between now and Autumn.

flazio wrote: »
    I'm sure you meant EFR rather then ERF bk1991 but I don't think it's healthy to speculate rumours around here. A million and one things might happen between now and Autumn.

yes EFR or emergency first responder , well sopose your right its all romours till its on paper but have heard it from more than one and there working in hse .

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The2minator

anyone hear any definates about recruitment??

anyone hear any definates about recruitment??
    I'd take everything you hear with a pinch of salt. That said, I think it would stand to reason that they would recruit this year. It won't be easy though. A lot of people in PTS positions will be looking to get in on it I would imagine.

I'd take everything you hear with a pinch of salt. That said, I think it would stand to reason that they would recruit this year. It won't be easy though. A lot of people in PTS positions will be looking to get in on it I would imagine.

Also worth bearing in mind that under the Croke Park Agreement many areas of the public service are recruiting from within the public service and not recruiting externally.
    DFB are a good example of this - under the CPA staff can now be re-deployed from areas that are considered to be overstaffed. Apparently DFB recruitemnt is now reserved for existing employees with no external applications invited.

Delancey wrote: »
    Also worth bearing in mind that under the Croke Park Agreement many areas of the public service are recruiting from within the public service and not recruiting externally.
    DFB are a good example of this - under the CPA staff can now be re-deployed from areas that are considered to be overstaffed. Apparently DFB recruitemnt is now reserved for existing employees with no external applications invited.

True, but I'm hoping, like last time, it won't stop them. Is ambulance service recruitment not exempt? That said, nothing's ever certain.

True, but I'm hoping, like last time, it won't stop them. Is ambulance service recruitment not exempt? That said, nothing's ever certain.

To my knowledge it's not exempt - it means other HSE employees get priority over external candidates ( assuming they even invite external applications ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Thepredator

The ambulance service is largely not affected by the Moratorium on recruitment but redeployment is happening within the hse.

Has anybody an idea with whats happening with this panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Parafox

Are there any further classes being run from this panel?

Advertisement