Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World 20% off all Windows Vista Laptops and Desktops

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

quenching wrote: »
    My thanks too, got one of the eMachines e525 laptops for €279. Perfectly good machine unless you want to do serious gaming, no webcam but that was another €20 for an external USB one. Laptop was a great deal!

Is this deal now finished ? ,I was going to look for one in Mahon Point today if not, I was going to get an Dell Inspirion 17 for e429 but as that is also Vista ,then I think this is prob better value when the laptop is really only for surfing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Rooy wrote: »
    Is this deal now finished ? ,I was going to look for one in Mahon Point today if not, I was going to get an Dell Inspirion 17 for e429 but as that is also Vista ,then I think this is prob better value when the laptop is really only for surfing.
    the earlier posts in this thread suggest it ends today 03/11/09 when the various stores close.
    although that is of course putting aside the whole issue about stock levels.

mind you, Harvey seem to stock the e525 too. Tis slightly more expensive with them. They do have an e525 Vista Home Premium version though, which would give you free Windows7.
    If you trust em better than PCW, you could always chance your arm for price matching.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭johnnyboy08

Popped in to PCW in Waterford during lunch to have a look at the eMachines e525 and a sales guy told me the offer ended yesterday and price was now what it was before the weekend.

Can someone please confirm that this offer is still running until the end of today (preferably a PCW employee) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

I was looking at the emachine in Harvey's in Limerick today. Its priced at 299.00 I wonder how suceptible they would be to haggling? Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Popped in to PCW in Waterford during lunch to have a look at the eMachines e525 and a sales guy told me the offer ended yesterday and price was now what it was before the weekend.

Can someone please confirm that this offer is still running until the end of today (preferably a PCW employee) ?

did they say they had them in stock at the old pre-offer price?

I was in there Mon after 5pm & told they had none left

wud be strange to suddenly have them back in stock when the offer is over :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

they were instock on monday in waterford, i got one at around 2.30. one fella working there told me he thought they were all gone and that he would come back to me in a minute but he never came back, so after standing there waiting for awhile i got fed up and when i went to walk out another person working there walked passed me and i asked him and he told they had a few left. in the end got one and really pleased with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭johnnyboy08

Said they had some alright but they were up to pre-stock price. Mind you, saying that, I didn't see one when browsing through the laptops they had on display.

they've now bumped it up to 30% off Vista Desktops and Laptops.

not sure they have any of those bargain basement machines like the e525 left though, so you'll have to deal with there so called mid -> high end catalogue.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

That's 30% of desktops and 20% of laptops

flip, you're right. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

norbert64 wrote: »
    they've now bumped it up to 30% off Vista Desktops and Laptops.

not sure they have any of those bargain basement machines like the e525 left though, so you'll have to deal with there so called mid -> high end catalogue.

Like aquos said it's only 30% off desktops. Laptops are still 20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Wait these offers are still one? Thought it was only on for the weekend...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Wait these offers are still one? Thought it was only on for the weekend...
    They were but they were brought back in for this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Well if there was i dont think think they'd be on offer:)

If you know a student, you can get Windows HP for about 35€

See: http://www.microsoft.com/uk/education/studentoffer/

And this thread in the windows forum

You can get it for the price of P&P from Microsoft.

Harvey Norman is 21% off Vista machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone know if it's still 20% Vista laptops, think they mate wants me to get her a laptop tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Anyone know if it's still 20% Vista laptops, think they mate wants me to get her a laptop tomorrow.

Nope. Was only for 2 weekends. Offer's gone now and whatever Vista laptops are left in any of the stores are going for regular price as far as I'm aware.

Advertisement