Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make him love me again

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

He is now asking if we can be friends with benefits. he says he loves me and wants us to be best friends and wants us to still have sex?? How is that so different to being in a relationship??

Oh what a lovely guy...

Basically it's different to a relationship in that he has no responsibility towards you and can shag who he wants without you being able gave an issue with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

He is now asking if we can be friends with benefits. he says he loves me and wants us to be best friends and wants us to still have sex?? How is that so different to being in a relationship??

I know you probably want to do this because to you are hurting and it is a way of being close to him, and the "maybe he'll change his mind" but please for your own sake/health/mental state, dont. No matter what cards he is putting on the table, you deserve to be treated better than this. Take back control of the situation and say "no". Just "no". No explanation. Dont be all "I feel..." Just "no".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

By suggesting sex with you outside the context of a relationship, he is acknowledging the fact that he feels an emotional and sexual connection to you. He is hoping to maintain that, probably (in his mind) a perfectly straightforward bond that he has nothing to apologise for.

Unfortunately, he is doing this after he has refused any committment to you, any acknowledgement of your hopes and dreams for yourself, him or a life the pair of you might have had together, and an even further refusal that you might have your own thoughts on this situation - you might be in a world of emotional pain here, but he's isn't able or willing to see that.

Can I remind you that what you wanted was a permanent bond recognised by society, whereas what he wants is for the pair of you to consider each other 'on the side'. This is so far from what you want or wanted for yourself it is on another planet. It really would be wise to cut all contact for a very long while with this person. No more compassionate visits, no more attempts on his part to be 'nice' and have him believe he is deciding the agenda here. He's not only not what you need but he doesn't see the huge chasm between what you both want, and being around him is just going to be immensely painful for a very long while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tell him to **** off,cheeky bugger!

Advertisement