Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    Haha, it's not as fancy as it sounds :)
    I do have a maid that comes once a week though. But it's not exactly a Downton Abbey situation, more a lazy dude who hates cleaning situation :)

I'm just surprised that the Steve rule of two doesn't apply to the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

2723_450.jpg

I googled "Two maids" and figured this is probably the safest one to post.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Such low cut aprons! Oh my!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Some good tunes on this, there are links to the individual tracks in the description. Really like Last Wave and Magical Sound Shower from Outrun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Such low cut aprons! Oh my!
    I think you can see their ankle on one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I want it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I want it

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Looks like i am going to have to sell my Video Games Live tickets x 3 for April the 4th. Will put them in the marketplace for a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

eddhorse wrote: »
    Looks like i am going to have to sell my Video Games Live tickets x 3 for April the 4th. Will put them in the marketplace for a good price.

Pricey mofos

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What is it?
    No idea, was looking up art stuff, thought it looked like some kinda cab. Should Google image search but too lazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What is it?

It's a white hole...

Star Lord wrote: »
    It's a white hole...

Tut tut....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole sucks time and matter out of the Universe; a white hole returns it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

UICQDBA.jpg

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole sucks time and matter out of the Universe; a white hole returns it

So, what is it?

A slight Tesco games madness in effect in Tesco Clarehall.
    Only proviso is that the games you want are Red Steel 2 or Jet Ski racing, both on the Wii.
    Ah well.
    They also seem to be shifting their PS2 stock though not much there.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I think you can see their ankle on one of them.

*scrolls back up for some ankleage*

Lies dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭Doge

Los Lobos wrote: »
    *scrolls back up for some ankleage*

Lies dammit!

4ldnO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

So, what is it?

Somebody punch him out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

A slight Tesco games madness in effect in Tesco Clarehall.
    Only proviso is that the games you want are Red Steel 2 or Jet Ski racing, both on the Wii.
    Ah well.
    They also seem to be shifting their PS2 stock though not much there.

I even spotted a lone original Xbox game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

I'll stick this here as I know many posters here are regulars in the CEX store on Liffey Street.

I was in CEX on Saturday afternoon, I was waiting to make a purchase which was taking forever because the store was packed with kids and their parents all of whom seemed to be trading in mountains of 360 games. At the counter was a middle aged woman with a pram and what appeared to be her 10 year old son. She spoke with a strong Dublin accident and was simultaneously having a row with her Son, the pram (occupied only by bags of shopping) and a member of Staff. In the middle of all this she produced her phone and absolutely roared into it...

"Where the fcuk are ya!?!?... I'm here with Little Billy* in the Sex Shop.... What?... No the SEX SHOP!..... you know the one!.... Beside Arnott's... THE ****ING SEX SHOP!.... just hurry the fcuk up."

I didn't know where to look, I was sure I was about to burst into laughter and the guy behind the counter holding what looked like the 15 copies of FIFA that Little Billy was trading in for GTA V looked like he hated his life.

I think there are two lessons to be learned here. Firstly its important to think about all the possible ways people can pronounce something before you name a Business and secondly it is even more important to make solid arrangements with your husband about where he is going to pick you up when you have finished shopping.

*not Little Billy's really name. He was called Wayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm glad I don't live in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I was about to write a witty retort, but then realized I now live in Wicklow again :eek:

/dons flat cap and goes out to cut some turf

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Same happened to me in the same shop. Spotted something on the PS2 shelf and thought to myself "meh, why not". Turned around to go to the desk to pay and see a family with a big box and a pram full of Xbox games and accessories. Meanwhile there was another guy shouting about how it was a disgrace that they had no Xbox One games. Where was he standing, you may ask? Directly in front of the Xbox one games.

Needless to say, I put the game back and left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Would you rather be in Limerick?

Would you rather be in Limerick?

Real talk, never seen anyone like that in the Limerick one, there's never really anyone in there tbh or maybe I pick good times to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I think there are two lessons to be learned here. Firstly its important to think about all the possible ways people can pronounce something before you name a Business

I'll make sure to pass your advice on to the owners of GamesExchange

I'll make sure to pass your advice on to the owners of GamesExchange

Ah yes, GameSexChange, purveyors of 2nd hand games and 1st hand sniggers for many years!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-27-zelda-alttps-nintendo-power-comic-gets-reprinted-after-20-years

Shotaro Ishinomori's A Link to the Past manga getting republished.
    Release 5/5/15.

Also hot damn, didn't realise there's a box set of the other mangas, gonna get that soon (the Ocarina of Time manga is pretty sweet, Malon FTW)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Forbidden Planet have a few Zelda manga books if you're in the Dublin area. Their prices aren't bad and they do a 3 for 2 deal which is great if you're buying in bulk. I'm sure I saw a box set in there too at one stage, but I'm not sure if they still have it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement