Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Next Step?

Options
  • 13-05-2003 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

The question is, what somes after TNG? Will saving the galaxy involve running around the Delta Quadrant as well as the Alpha? Will Omega molecules replace deterium? Officialdom won't take the next step untill TNG and all spin-offs have lived their lives. Is anyone willing to go unofficially go it alone? The comic book sales would be phenomenal. Can we speculate on what the next step might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

The Romulan Empire fall's to the Klingon's, federation and klingon relations become strained. War breaks out the federation emerge victorious.

The Federation develop sidestep warp, during the test flight of this new technology they pass beyond know space, there they are greeted by a beckon of unknown origin, it is an invitation left by a civilisation who left the known universe many millennia ago. The federation decipher the invitation and humanity enters a new stage of evolutionary development.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

azezil's obviously given this some serious thought and i think its kept him up at night.

One wonders are the borg truly gone after voyager, are we entering a phase of new found trust between the federation and the romulans, will they all live happily ever after, or will the often mentioned but never seen Tzenkethi (spelling?) make an appearance joined up with the Tholians weaving gigantic webs around sector 001, or will they skip hundreds of years into the future with this temporal cold war.

In all seriousness though i'm not going to worry about it till enterprise comes to an end, when theres no new trek on screen then i will worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Actually i just made that up from a combo of TNG - All good things and Star Trek Federation by Judith & Garfield Reeves - Stevens, very good book ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Spock

The federation being as powergul as they are i assume they will gain control of the entire Alpha Quadrent

Originally posted by azezil
    Actually i just made that up from a combo of TNG - All good things and Star Trek Federation by Judith & Garfield Reeves - Stevens, very good book ;)

what you saying you didn't spot it on my shelf, shame on you Azezil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Haven't read any Trek books. Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

The federation being as powergul as they are i assume they will gain control of the entire Alpha Quadrent

the fed lost around 5000-7000 of their ships during the war it will take them at lest a few years to rebuild (although it maybe a good thing as most of the fleet was old arse ships)

the klingons are all but ****ed .......the romulans if they start building the scimitar could become a treath to the fed....the cardys will never be allowed to build up again..........same with the breen.............the borg are screwed.............the domenion (damn spelling) are still a mayor treath

so their is no one to really go against the fed in the short term at lest so i think they will keep growing and become untounchable in the alpha/beta Quadrents and will soon have slipstrem drive

the skys the limit as they say

i don't think the dominion are really are treat any more due to the founders new recent understanding or what not with odo gone into the link, also if push came to shove good ould sisko in the worm hole stops big fleets of troops coming through. definitely thinks we'll have to watch out for the pakleds :)

They lost a lot in the war but so did everyone else, romulan space is so tiny, there no threat, as for the Klingons ha, the federation is the America of space

true true

but in the delta quad it seems theirs a fair few empires that could fight against the Federashion

the devour impearum for one
    the voth
    not to mention the borg (they may be fuged up but still one cube = 30 sov class)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

one cube = 30 sov class

Or one Voyager with Janeway (lol) = 30 cubes

To be honest, I think 3-4 Soverign class ships would beat a cube. :p

fine you go get your 4 sov class ships

and ill get my 100 million ton borg cube with 120,000 drones and we have a fight over belgium (seeming most wars take place their):p :p:p:p

i bet ill win

but if you have the fed one and only borg basher painway i may have aproblum lol ........damn she might come back from 100 years in the future and brign 100 wells class ships :D:D

the series Voyager ruined the borg, they made them so easily beatable, janeway almost went after the borg for fun, also the writers ****ed up by killed the queen in the movie and bringing her back in the film, explain.

Also the federation is more powerful and has more secrets than it cares to admit, remember that ship the EMH and EMH2 were on plus section 31

well all countrys have their new weapions :D

Are you talking about this planet or the empires of space

im talking about real life politics and Star trek politics

the fed isnt going to say to the galaxy
    " where building a 1000m long battleship to combat the romulan scimitar" as it would be seen as a act of war or at lest a provocation

same in the real world
    a good case would be the americans attemp to ring their country with missles to shoot down nuke missles .............its a provocation and half the world was and still is pissed bet they wish they could have keep that under cover

Sometimes a military build-up is used to prevent war, the logic being that if your military is so big no one will declare war on you

i agree i think voyager did ruined the borg making them way too beatable just for the ratings, with regards to the queen though i know there were analogies with bee hives and what not but they should be able to just make a new queen, the queen was only used in first contact to personify the borg a wee bit, give them a face so to speak. Anywho no reason why the borg can't just generate a new queen. With to having a military so big that no one will declare war on you that smacks a bit of the cold war politics of the last century which i don't think is way the federation stands for or tries to achieve.

Sometimes a military build-up is used to prevent war, the logic being that if your military is so big no one will declare war on you

na thats very risky the fed isnt strong anuff right now to risk war with anyone

and its true that does seem a bit cold war for star trek

The fed would have a military build up and just not let it be know, they always seem to down-play their power. Remember Star Trek 6, the klingons thought they were equally powerful, but then the Pres of Fed said "what happens if this leds to war" the response was "quite frankly sir, we'll clear their cornomiters"

On earth the military build up stratigy has only worked for America, every else who tryed it has gone to war.

• Advertisement

they could have just been cocky when they said that

but still with over 5000 ships lost their going to be rebuilding for years to come ...... but over all their fleet will be better for it as all the new designs such as the SOV intrepid difiant saber etc etc will be built in favour of the old boys like the galaxy class and such

(and dont give me the "galaxy rules" speak as the old class galaxy ie the not uprated one,s like the E-D where proven compleat bollox)

anyway really even in a weak state the FED and starfleet are still far more of a power than any of the romulans or klingons etc ever where or ever will be

i personal love seeing the akira 2 difiants and the promotius beat the snot out of the tal shair fleet

HUMANS FOREVER !!!!!

Yes they were cocky back then but with good reason, they couldnt be beat

Advertisement