Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Homework Help

• 08-11-2013 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭

Would any of the libraries around Dublin hold anything on Bentham (in relation to Jurisprudence). I'm taking a trip up to Kilmainham Gaol but I wondered where else I might try? I've a few articles here and there off the legal databases.

I've someone that might be able to sneak me into the Trinity Library but I'd rather leave that as a last resort.

Any help most welcome and will be passed on to my classmates as to prevent an unfair advantage (and hopefully get me a couple of free beers! :P)

Many Thanks or apologies in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Bepolite wrote: »
    Would any of the libraries around Dublin hold anything on Bentham (in relation to Jurisprudence). I'm taking a trip up to Kilmainham Gaol but I wondered where else I might try? I've a few articles here and there off the legal databases.

I've someone that might be able to sneak me into the Trinity Library but I'd rather leave that as a last resort.

Any help most welcome and will be passed on to my classmates as to prevent an unfair advantage (and hopefully get me a couple of free beers! :P)

Many Thanks or apologies in advance!

Trinity has mountains on Bentham. A lot of his own writings are even available as e-books on their system.

You can apply for a readers card for a few which should be relatively easy to obtain. The only thing to be aware of is that a lot of the relevant books could be in the stacks and need to be ordered which would require 24hrs notice.

The best thing would be to go in to the admissions desk, get a ticket issued and order the books you want at the same time and go in over the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

234 wrote: »
    Trinity has mountains on Bentham. A lot of his own writings are even available as e-books on their system.

You can apply for a readers card for a few which should be relatively easy to obtain. The only thing to be aware of is that a lot of the relevant books could be in the stacks and need to be ordered which would require 24hrs notice.

The best thing would be to go in to the admissions desk, get a ticket issued and order the books you want at the same time and go in over the next few days.

I'm not at TCD - can you get public access?

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Bepolite wrote: »
    I'm not at TCD - can you get public access?

Thanks for the reply.

Hmmmm, it looks like they are slightly more restrictive than I thought but you should still have a good shot:
    http://www.tcd.ie/Library/using-library/admissions.php#UndergraduatesfromOtherUniversities

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭seb65

His works are published online and free to access. Do a search. Online Library of Liberty.

Advertisement