Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2012 what are you looking forward to?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Good memory Wivy! I started this thread and even I'd forgotten about it :P
    Bubblefett wrote: »
    It was really nice to look back on peoples posts in the "2011 what are you looking forward to" thread as they compared where they are now with where they were a year ago.

Thought it'd be nice to do it this year too :) Write in what you hope for in 2012 and look back at the tread at the end of the year?

For me in 2012:
    I hope to get my business going strong
    Get over my anxiety attacks completely
    Go out more and enjoy myself (stop worrying about money!)
    Get fit and running again
    Spend more time with my nephews and nieces
    Find a better (or just bigger!) place for me and the OH

-Well my business got put aside by my sudden decision to go back to college and finish my degree. In 5 more months I'll be in a better position to either run my own company or expand my job options.
    -I am now almost completely anxiety free and no longer dependent on anti anxiety meds!!
    -I have accepted what little money I have and made it work for me, and I reunited with a lot of friends I'd lost contact with.
    -I got fit and was running loads, but college set me back. But over the holidays I have been back at it and have now taken up boxing.
    -All my family ended up moving back to Ireland this year so I have gotten to spend loads of time with my nephews and nieces.
    -Still in my crappy, tiny, leaking house. But hopefully won't be here too much longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

It's kind of depressing that most of the NYE texts that I received last night went along the lines of "Happy new year ... hopefully 2012 will go better for you xx" :o

It was a crappy crappy year, everything went wrong, I was sick and off work for months and failed exams as a result and nearly lost my job, I broke up with my fiance, there were family illnesses, loads of other problems too.

But the main thing is that it's all over now, things can only get better!

So what I'm looking forward to in 2012 is putting all that crap in the past. Hopefully I can stay healthy, and then everything else will (hopefully!) fall into place. :)

^^ Feckin' hell, that's a depressing post! :eek: Scary to remember how crappy things seemed just then. I posted that just after my dad had a heart attack, right before Christmas, and it was a horrible end to a pretty bad year.

In hindsight, the one positive thing I can take from that year is that I did break up with the person I was with. In hindsight, I did the right thing, it wasn't an easy thing to do and it took a lot of strength and courage and independence - but it was absolutely and without a doubt the right thing to do. I've always thought, it would be so much easier if he was a horrible nasty person ... but he isn't, he's a great decent guy, who I will always have a lot of respect for. However the relationship was over, long before the break-up.

Other than that, 2011 mostly passed in a haze of work stress, exam stress, illness. It was a really terrible year overall.

2012 started off with some of the same. Lots of work stress early in the year, made worse by some fairly worrying health issues.

However I'm proud to say that I've moved on from that job that was causing a lot of problems. I'm in a new job now, which I love, and which allows me time to actually have a life. :) And I've definitely come to realise that there is a lot more to life than stressing about work and exams. I'll never be letting that happen again.

2013 is looking very promising for me. :) I'm planning on making real progress in my career (without letting it take over!) I'm planning on really working on making my lifestyle a lot healthier, and taking up a few new hobbies (probably mostly fitness related!) I'm planning on making loads more time for my amazing family and friends, who've always been there for me, even when I was sometimes too wrapped up in everything else to make time for them.

And my lovely amazing ride of a boyfriend and I are currently looking for a place to live together. :) We got together at a time when I was very much single and loving it, was dating plenty and enjoying myself lots, but had no real interest in getting into a relationship. But I guess it's true that these things happen when you don't expect them to. We haven't found a house yet, but are hoping to find somewhere soon and move in within the next couple of weeks. I absolutely cannot wait! :o

This time last year, I was saying, "things have to get better, because, well, they can't get worse!" I'm in a way more positive mindset now, feeling very optimistic about the future, and absolutely ready for anything! Life is good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

mariebeth wrote: »
    I love everyone's lists :)

For 2012 I'm hoping to:

• get my degree & graduate
    • become more crafty - really would love to learn how to sew & to knit
    • give up the fags in 2012 - I'm going to start with cutting down, and once my final exams are done in May I'll hopefully be off them.
    • go on a holiday, would love to go to Italy for a couple of weeks in the summer
    • take more pictures.

I for one am so glad 2012 is almost over. As for my goals above, well I got my degree & graduated :D only for my b1tch of a sister-in-law ruining my graduation day with her pettiness.

Haven't given up the fags (that's my plan for 2013...), I have learned how to knit, and hopefully in 2013 I'll learn to sew as well. Didn't get away anywhere, and I've been brutal at taking pictures!

Goals for 2013, would be just to be happy, give up the fags, and hopefully meet a nice guy, who I find attractive, who is sound & normal and wants a relationship with me. Not too much to ask for really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

im looking forward to:
    • graduating with my BA and possibly stating a postgrad course!
    • hopefully find a job
    • getting healthy
    • loosing a bit more weight
    • travel somewhere, anywhere and maybe go couch surfing?!
    • be happier and not let the little things get to me :)

I graduated but didnt start a post grad.
    I did find a job :)
    I was healthy than i was
    i did lose a it more and gained a little too
    i didnt travel much
    and the last bit didnt happen and i let depression get to me too much.

But i did meet amazing new people and friends, and learned the true colours of other people.

All in all 2012 did let me down a bit, mainly from a mental health point of view

2013, i am hoping is going to better but im not going to expect it as things happen that are beyond your control.
    I hope i will go further with my education, get rid of some toxic people in my life, kick depression in the ass, stay working and meet more people. And travel a bit more and move away from home again. Oh and seriously work on myself, mentally and health wise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Interesting to look back on my hopes for 2012.
    Roesy wrote: »
    - Getting back in shape and hopefully losing some weight. Managed to lose some weight, have to work more on the fitness this year.
    - Getting more in control of health issues. Working on this still.
    - Marrying my love(if my head doesn't explode with the stress of planning a wedding in 6 months). Head did not explode. Had a brilliant day.
    - Hopefully moving to a nicer place. Moving into our house in March. Yay!

It was a good year in most ways. Loads of great times and unfortunately one very sad time. Excited to see what 2013 brings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

molly09 wrote: »
    try to improve my self esteem and confidence

To have more believe in myself and to have some self worth

To lose weight and get fit

Would love to meet a partner in life (life is lonely been single)

To move the location of my job (this prob wont be possible)

To be happier and accept the things I cant change in my life and be more thankful of the good things in my life

Ok so am still struggling with confidence but have made an appoint with a therapist for january 2013

I have lost about half stonefrom this time last year:-)

I am still single and this is would so love to change in 2013, so here's hoping. ...

I am still in the same job and woven still love to move closer to home

I still struggle with depression and unfortunately focus a lot on the negatives, but therapy here in come:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Pythia wrote: »
    2011 wasn't a bad year for me. Passed all four actuary exams and went on two holidays to America. Started a new job but then found out I was being made redundant so that was a pain.

Luckily I have a new job which is even better and I start in two weeks.

This year:

- would like to get settled in to my new job DONE

- looking forward to passing more exams so will be studying really hard throughout the year DONE

- going to at least one city/country I haven't been to before DONE - MALTA + MUNICH

- go on a sun holiday and catch up on reading and sleep DONE

- enjoy spending weekends with my boyfriend now he won't be working weekends anymore for the first time in 3.5 years DONE
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Great Thread!

Best of luck everyone :D

for me this year ...
    • Stick to healthy diet and lifestyle, make exercise a priority not a chore
    • Have less mood swings
    • Appreciate my mother and siblings more
    • Stop worrying and caring about what people think of me
    • Treat people the way I would like to be treated
    • Hopefully find a new job
    • Spend the summer traveling
    • Make more Friends and maybe find an OH ;)

Advertisement