Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: IEC 2012 Now Open

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

iamthe43: Im on my second application already. first time I filled out the GB forms instead of the IE forms (The irish embassy told us to go to the GB site). Why did you get rejected first time out?

Because I am a numpty and filled the form out wrong. On the application for work outside Canada, I included the date I intend to leave the UK for Canada, which would push me outside the 18 month rule.

I have since moved back to ireland though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PollyMe

Thanks DaveDaRave1 and jd83
    I did try that thou just to see would it fit in AIB online banking and its still knocking out the last 4 digits of the number even without the dashes, ugh why is it all so stressful lol

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DaveDaRave1

Are you putting it in to your Refrenece or their referecne. They're different lenghts!

When doing it in online it ask for your Ref frist, This is what will apper on your statment and its not that important, I just put in canada, I think on the next page they ask for recpient reference and this is where you put in your WTN sans dashes.

I had the same issue when putting money on to my O2 money card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

PollyMe wrote: »
    Thanks DaveDaRave1 and jd83
    I did try that thou just to see would it fit in AIB online banking and its still knocking out the last 4 digits of the number even without the dashes, ugh why is it all so stressful lol

I done it through ulster bank online banking so maybe find a friend or family with a ulster bank account and get them to do it. When i was applying i read through most of these threads and 99% of the time someone was having problems with paying it was from an aib account

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭SNNUS

PollyMe wrote: »
    Hi all, I am still waiting on my email to send the payment but reading the comments on how the WTN wont fit is scaring me, I was going to send it through AIB but I checked and it doesnt fit, what is the best way to send it does anyone know? Thanks

Hi Ya, I sent it via Internet banking on AIB, Go to transfer and payments, transfer to another ROI account, click from what account you want, then when sending to them just put in Receiver as Canadian Embassy, sort code, acc no. and then put your WTN in the message to recipient minus the dashes etc i.e,
    LDNIE12WHP00**** and it will fit, mine worked and got receipt of payment after 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 PollyMe

Oh you are right DaveDaRave1 thats excatly what I was doing, thanks for that I relax now.

Thanks jd83 and SNNUS too thats great, I think ill give my AIB a go and hope for the best. :)

receipt of payment seems to take anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

It's been 7 weeks since I paid, and I have not received any receipt of payment.

I have emailed them numerous times and called but it's just a precorded message. Has anyone else tried?

The email I am using is re-ldn.iec@international.gc.ca. No reply.

The phone number is +4420 7258 6600 and all i get is a prerecorded message telling me to go to the website. I even got up at 3.30am (canadian time) to call them this morning and still no luck.

My current visa runs out in a week and I see that there are only 1000 visas left now. Not looking good.

Has anyone any other contact details for them that might work? I am so sick of the whole thing at this stage.

have you rang your bank to confirm if the money transfer was successful?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

Did you like my name or something ^

• Advertisement

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

have you rang your bank to confirm if the money transfer was successful?

I payed online and the payment says COMPLETE.

Surely if they hadn't gotten my payment they would have sent me a rejection email? I have gotten absolutely nothing sine I paid and emailed the copy of that other form.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneill85

Nearly four weeks since payment made. Heard nothing back at all! This page is like therapy for stressed visa seekers. Its the only place to turn. I think everyone should sponsor one other visa seeker and if your stressed you can call your sponsor at any time of the day for support. V.A. Visas Anonymous. (not Vancouver)

HOLY JEEEEAAAASUS!!!!! Ca bhfuil mo visa?:(:mad::)

Tis awful indeed. I only made payment yesterday and from what I can see this can take anywhere from 2 days to over a month.

also, the information on here, although useful, is scattered and repeated. I think when I get over I'll start a thread here detailing everything that's happened since applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brown303

doneill85 wrote: »
    Nearly four weeks since payment made. Heard nothing back at all! This page is like therapy for stressed visa seekers. Its the only place to turn. I think everyone should sponsor one other visa seeker and if your stressed you can call your sponsor at any time of the day for support. V.A. Visas Anonymous. (not Vancouver)

HOLY JEEEEAAAASUS!!!!! Ca bhfuil mo visa?:(:mad::)

This is such an awesome idea! I am sooo stressed and am babbling about it to anyone who will listen haha. I applied back in Feb, received a rejection email on Saturday, and just re applied yesterday via urgent FedEx. The fact it took 2 months to tell me I missed a signature (admittedly my fault...)means that so much time was eaten away and the available number has dwindled to just 1,000 today. They gave away 500 in one day? Really???? What does everyone think my chances are of getting accepted at this late stage? Last year I only applied in late May and got my LOI in July. Massive upturn in applications this year it seems! Also it seems unfair that Australian citizens have no limit to the number awarded and they get a 2 year visa.

If I get rejected, I am screwed. My Canadian girlfriend lives here and my job is with a Canadian company too. Very stressed arrgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

So apparently the fee can't be paid through Bank of Ireland online

They won't allow the account to be added as a payee because "too many people" have already added it as a payee and the account has been red flagged

wtf like?

I rang them up, and they can't even add it as a payee over the phone

Trip to the bank for me this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    So apparently the fee can't be paid through Bank of Ireland online

They won't allow the account to be added as a payee because "too many people" have already added it as a payee and the account has been red flagged

wtf like?

I rang them up, and they can't even add it as a payee over the phone

Trip to the bank for me this afternoon
    maybe its not such a bad thing. i went into boi and had no problems with my payment few days! alot of people did online and aib direct and their payments went missing!!

Anyone pay from a Canadian bank? How much did it cost you?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

Anyone pay from a Canadian bank? How much did it cost you?

30 bucks..

lindzation wrote: »
    30 bucks..

was it successful?

Just worried, hoping they aren't charged anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lindzation

was it successful?

Just worried, hoping they aren't charged anything

We tacked an extra 10 euro on just in case, and it went through fine..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hbmm

albablue wrote: »
    I'd like some info in this too.....
    I did y medical on April 30th and I still haven't heard anything. I think a guy on this forum said it can take up to a month, but that was a while ago...

are you waiting long?

Finally got my visa yesterday. The time it takes depends on how fast the medical is sent back. I did the medical on the 3rd of april but the results were only sent to london on the 18th. So it does take a good 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

I have not applied yet and with only 1000 places left looks like I am already to late. Waiting to get my police certs back atm. I wasnt planning on going until jan 2013, does anyone know what date this opened last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

m.j.w wrote: »
    I have not applied yet and with only 1000 places left looks like I am already to late. Waiting to get my police certs back atm. I wasnt planning on going until jan 2013, does anyone know what date this opened last year?

if there are 1000 places left how do you make out that you're already too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

Helix wrote: »

I'm the exact same. I can't apply yet because I'm in the UK for the next few months and you have to be in Ireland to apply. :(

Helix wrote: »

4350 were dished out in 4 months. so thats over 1000 a month. Now it takes 4 weeks for them to reserve you a place so those last 1000 could easily go in that time

4350 were dished out in 4 months. so thats over 1000 a month. Now it takes 4 weeks for them to reserve you a place so those last 1000 could easily go in that time

once your application is received they reduce the amount available by one. that doesnt mean it's gone, because you could be refused. the number goes up and down

there'll still be visas left in august

ICANN wrote: »
    I'm the exact same. I can't apply yet because I'm in the UK for the next few months and you have to be in Ireland to apply. :(

you really don't

put your application together, post it to someone in ireland, get them to post it for you from the post office

sure i applied last year and id been living in canada for 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dean.kiely

Had a court date last week that I had to wait to finish, before applying for my VISA. About to send off for my new police certificate this week with a clear record, as the charges against me were dropped.

Could anyone give me a realistic timescale to how long the application will come through if I apply now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 JCJames

To everyone here who is applying for the IEC 2012,

- IEC 2012 Application Delivered (UPS tracking): 29th March
    - 1st Email: notice of receipt 22nd April
    - 2nd Email: payment request 27th April
    - Payment: not yet paid (2nd Email received on Friday, will pay on Monday)

My question to you, I am sending from a UK bank. Has everyone just been adding a couple of extra pounds onto the fee to avoid underpaying and possibly losing your entire application?

This application process has been a nightmare for me. I started working on gathering documents in December 2011 will you believe! I imagine a lot of people are in the same position, so I just thought I'd list a few pieces of information from my experience that may help others.
    • An Australian Fingerprinted Police Check costed me 105AUD and took 4 weeks to process
    • An FBI Fingerprinted Police Check cost me around 40USD and took around 8 weeks to process
    • Part of the elegibility criteria for UK citizens applying for the IEC 2012 is that you have to have stayed in the UK for 3 years prior to applying. I went to Asia for 4 months travelling in 2010, followed by 12 months in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa. I stated this and I have still received my acceptance email. So I imagine this criteria is just to confirm you are a full on UK Citizen, and that holiday visas and travel are fine.
    • My application package, once sent and delivered, took 4 weeks in total to process.
    • I am already in Canada, on a 6 month tourist visa, and sent my application package from here over to London. I stated I was already travelling in Canada as a tourist, but I used my UK home address for my Residential address. So I can confirm it's okay to be out of the UK and apply for the IEC 2012.

I hope some of this information will help. Although I haven't been very active on this forum for a while I'd like to thank those who have helped me through, and will also gladly try to answer any questions if they are fired at me!

WOOOHOOOOOOOO

Advertisement