Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Neath Athletic (4th) –v- Port Talbot Town (9th)

Port Talbots away form is doesn’t make for good reading, 10 games played away with 2 Wins, 1 Draw and 7 Losses, while conceding 18 goals and only finding the net 9 times.

Neath home form looks on paper excellent, 8 Wins and 2 Draws, with 26 goals scored and only 5 conceded in them 10 home matches. These haven’t lost in 9 matches.

Seems the last 6 out of 9 home wins in the League for Neath they have been winning at HT and then FT (open to correction).

Neath to win (4/9), Neath -1 (5/4), Neath Clean Sheet (1/1), Neath to win nil (7/5) and Neath HT/FT (2/1)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any opinions on Fenerbache, Napoli and Barca tomorrow? All look likely to win (haven't checked odds but guessing they're woeful).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Barca is 4-0 up after the 1st leg. Maybe they want to play the misery of the Espanol game away but i can see another lackluster performance from them as well.
    For me handicaps are out of the question with that. And betting on a Barca win is just not worth it.
    I am actually considering backing Osasuna if i see anything interesting.

Napoli i ll wait for the team news and see if a certain Mr Vargas will make his debut. If he starts i ll be wincasting him.

Fenerbahce plays a "weird" opponent. 12th in de 2nd dvision (17 teams) but 4 won of their last 6 league matches and kicked out the team currently 6th in the 1st division in the last round, 5-1 about 3 weeks ago.
    Wouldnt bet on winners beforehand in that game but maybe over 1,5 first half goals or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Osasuna are unbeaten at home this season...might try under 2.5 depending on what team Barca put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Osasuna are unbeaten at home this season...might try under 2.5 depending on what team Barca put out.
    It's a tough one. Barca away from home are very inconsistent. Osasuna have lost only 7 of their last 43 at home in la liga (I think). Suggestions from Spain are that the osasuna side will be mainly second team and that it is cold and foggy there. Unders could be the one alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

Follow Betfred on twitter.. They offer a 'betoftheday' at 11am every morning with enhanced odds.. For example they offered evens for barca win this morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

Follow Betfred on twitter.. They offer a 'betoftheday' at 11am every morning with enhanced odds.. For example they offered evens for barca win this morning..
    10 max, not a great deal imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Really pissed off with napoli this year. They have the makings of title winners but have got too distracted by CL. For a while i thought there was unreal value in the 20/1 shot for the title.. not now :(

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Headshot wrote: »
    wow great odds on my man

AC Milan v Inter Milan

Ibrahimovi..
    to score in 90 minutes and AC Milan to win the game 3/1

Pfft, you only latched on after I did you daft thing ya :D

Great odds indeed. Might have something on FGS as well. The guy can't put a foot wrong all last year and so far this.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Aguero anytime @ 13/10 (likely to start but will wait for lineups)

Man City to score 2+ @ EVS

A Carroll anytime @ 16/5 ain't bad if he starts the game... who knows maybe that last goal against Oldham will give him some confidence (and Kompany/Kolo unavailable)

On PP, Time of Last Goal after 71st min @ EVS

Didn't get to watch the game in the end and only had the Aguero and Carroll bets on!

Was I as far off as I think:p

PS Fair play to your man for calling the Gerrard wincast;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Possible line-up (vs Osasuna): Pinto - Adriano Pique Mascherano Abidal - Xavi Busquets Thiago - Cuenca Alexis Pedro. [el periodico].
    I'm all over osasuna DNB at 5/1 with PP.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

DNB 6/1 on bet365.
    Just saying.

I ll be going for the Ossasuna double chance 11/5

• Registered Users Posts: 53,846 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pfft, you only latched on after I did you daft thing ya :D

Great odds indeed. Might have something on FGS as well. The guy can't put a foot wrong all last year and so far this.

you need to stop hacking into my computer for my betting tips

Vargas might be starting night. Wincast is 11/10

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Osasuna V Barca
    Most goals 1st half @ 15/8

Osasuna get61.9% of their goals in La Liga in 1st half and 75% of goals in Copa del Rey in 1st Half
    Barca get 58.8% of their goals in La Liga in 1st half and 67.1% of their Copa de Rey
    Against weaker sides, Barca tends to score their goals early in first half and just pass the ball around in 2nd half- don't have any stats to show exactly but just look here and here if wanna check out out for yourselves

just puting a 5er on it as have big stake on Ulster to beat Leicester tomorrow night

another bet worth looking at is Under 3,3.5 @ 1.675
    Barcelona have only scored 12 goals in 8 games away in the League
    While Barca have already put 12 goals past Osasuna- the tie is effectively over so neither team will be too motivated

you need to stop hacking into my computer for my betting tips

Your so bitter over The Ade thread!
    Vargas might be starting night. Wincast is 11/10

Any news on line up? Less than an hour to go, can't seem to find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

A small bet based on the info posted up here earlier.....over 1.5 first half goals in both the barca and in the neath game @ 3.8/1

Cesena havn't scored in Naples since 1999..
    Napoli to win to nil is 8/11
    However they have conceded 10 in their past 5 home games
    Cesena have scored in 4 of last 5 away games- but hadn't scored away in the 4 before that

Your so bitter over The Ade thread!

Any news on line up? Less than an hour to go, can't seem to find anything.

Im just jealous :pac:
    Rosati, Grava, Fernandez, Britos; May, Donadel Dzemaili Zuniga, Chavez, Vargas Pandev.

Got it from here http://www.tuttonapoli.net/?action=read&idnotizia=79103

Looks reliable but ya never know

Im just jealous :pac:
    Rosati, Grava, Fernandez, Britos; May, Donadel Dzemaili Zuniga, Chavez, Vargas Pandev.

Got it from here http://www.tuttonapoli.net/?action=read&idnotizia=79103

Looks reliable but ya never know

Haha.

Finally showed up - http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2012/01/12/italy/coppa-italia/ssc-napoli/ac-cesena/1230789/

Very strong line up.

Vargas Wincast for me so @ 11/10, nice price. Cavani is 4/7 or something ridiculously small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Been asked to do a betting column for the next few weeks. Any hidden gems for this weekend in the top flight games in Europe?

dodgy site I quoted :mad:

I went for that Vargas wincast too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

20 on napoli -1
    barca win

Pinto; Montoya, Piqué, Fontás, Adriano; Mascherano, Thiago, Sergi Roberto; Cuenca, Pedrito y Alexis

Osasuna:
    Asier Riesgo, Marc Bertrán, Miguel Flaño, Lolo, Satrústegui, Cejudo, Puñal, Raoul Loe, Calleja, Roberto Torres y Leka.

3 players from the reserve team in Osasuna's line up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I'm going for Barcelona wincast and Thiago @ 10/3.

Odds on under 2.5 goals in the Barca game have dropped from 2.40 to 2.10, I'm going with under 2.5 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ha ha hello

50 on barca 2 or more first half goals @ 11/5. They've managed it in 4 of their last 5 games...and I'm looking to win back 100 that I lost yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jpjc05

Aston Villa v Everton 7/5

Middleboro v Burnley 10/11

Portsmouth v West Ham 11/8

Win treble odds just shy of 10/1 on Paddy Ps

wprathead wrote: »
    Osasuna V Barca
    Most goals 1st half @ 15/8

Osasuna get61.9% of their goals in La Liga in 1st half and 75% of goals in Copa del Rey in 1st Half
    Barca get 58.8% of their goals in La Liga in 1st half and 67.1% of their Copa de Rey
    Against weaker sides, Barca tends to score their goals early in first half and just pass the ball around in 2nd half- don't have any stats to show exactly but just look here and here if wanna check out out for yourselves

just puting a 5er on it as have big stake on Ulster to beat Leicester tomorrow night

another bet worth looking at is Under 3,3.5 @ 1.675
    Barcelona have only scored 12 goals in 8 games away in the League
    While Barca have already put 12 goals past Osasuna- the tie is effectively over so neither team will be too motivated

should have just went pub and used that 5er on pint and pack crisps.:rolleyes:
    don't see 2nd half being 0-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

wprathead wrote: »
    should have just went pub and used that 5er on pint and pack crisps.:rolleyes:
    don't see 2nd half being 0-0

How is the game going? I know barca are losing but have they played well?
    I did thiago and barca wincast.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement