Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

200 mins, 200 texts 1gb data - €15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Elessar

I just signed up there, great deal. Currently with Three for €30 a month and same usage so I'm saving €15 a month or €180/year with this! Was with meteor before but changed due to coverage issues. Let's see if they've improved.

The order confirmation page said there would be delays - how long is it taking for meteor to contact you? Do you have to scan and email your drivers licence/utility bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Im already with Meteor. I emailed someone in customer services I had previous correspondence with and asked to be moved and they changed me over. Best value plan I've seen. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

You need to call 1800638367 to get them to switch you over, you will also need your account number if you were bill pay with another provider. Be prepared for a wait, I was 30 mins...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was on their €20 version of this deal.
    I called them this afternoon to change over to €15 pm and it will activate on my next billing date :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭shamcfc

I am due a phone upgrade at the end of the month

If i rang up to take this offer.....will i lose my phone upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Its very likely this promo will run for another 2 weeks at least, or have they put a deadline date on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

PAYG DEAL!!!

In store €20 will get you free meteor talk & talk plus 1GB internet.
    Mite be better for some people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Can you top up data on these in a simple way? How much per GB? I use about 2 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

Rochey18 wrote: »
    PAYG DEAL!!!

In store €20 will get you free meteor talk & talk plus 1GB internet.
    Mite be better for some people.

You get that and 200 mins of talk and text with the 15 euro deal..

Yes but some people like to be on PAYG and you can then use your credit what ever way you like, on more internet or just texting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Looks like data add on is available.... 250mb for €4:99 or 10GB for €14:99

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Yes but some people like to be on PAYG and you can then use your credit what ever way you like, on more internet or just texting.

69 minutes (@29c) or 167 texts (@12c), in whatever ratio you use them, for a fiver more...

How can that be better?

Because you mite not need to top up every month. Like me most everyone i text or call is meteor, so I have €20 or there about at end of the month.

What do you have on Bill pay? Nothing just another bill. Not saying Bill pay aint a good deal because it is, but PAYG deal might suit some people better

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

Because you mite not need to top up every month. Like me most everyone i text or call is meteor, so I have €20 or there about at end of the month.

What do you have on Bill pay? Nothing just another bill. Not saying Bill pay aint a good deal because it is, but PAYG deal might suit some people better

You don't have nothing.. You have 200 mins and texts.. 69 mins a month is fairly useless to most people if they make any calls to people that are not on meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Oh, you're saying stretch the €20 over two months? Yeah, I suppose, if you only call and text Meteor..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭Alkers

nearyj wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I signed up to the €15 deal 5 days ago and today received 2 sims in the post. One is pre-pay, the other bill pay which is what I requested. I am now trying to port my number. My problem is I can't get through to Meteor. Their customer service number (1890 808 585) promises improved service in the coming weeks, but after several long waits I gave up.

I then turned my attention to the option of filling in a contact form which the website says "goes straight to the inbox of our Customer Care team". Sounds good. The problem is when I fill in the form the button to "send query" never becomes an option. I've checked the details and each entry has a tick beside it which I assume means the information is acceptable.

Other contact options include their forum which has unanswered posts dating back 2 weeks, and a twitter feed.

So, has anyone in the last few days contacted Meteor to port over to them and how did you contact them? Will I have to drop in to one of their stores?

Might be worth trying their site from another browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I haven't read through this whole thread, so I don't know if someone has already posted this - but please note all Meteor customers that there is currently a 25% Off your monthly bill via a HSS Groupscheme Voucher here:
    http://www.hssroi.groupscheme.com/content/phones-and-internet/meteor-ms/473

You just need to print out the voucher, bring it into a Meteor store and ask the rep to apply the 25% discount to your contract, I finally got my act together last week and did it for my Meteor contract - I asked the rep how long the discount runs for, and he said it will run indefinitely, even beyond when my current contract ends (in 12 months or so).

*** However it should be noted that by using the Groupscheme voucher you are agreeing that Meteor add 6 months to your current contract.

This voucher does not need to be applied at very start when you are signing up, it can be used at any time during the contract, but the voucher will likely be taken down from HSS Groupschemes in a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

In relation to the three offer, can someone tell me how it works is it by the calender month or is it 30days from whenever you top up.
    I've a 22.50 per month contract but reckon i could stretch the 20 quid pay as you go to nearly two months as i dont make many calls during the week.
    Contract nearly up so might just buy a PAYG sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I've been on hold for an hour now waiting for them to change me over to this. Come on meteor, hurry up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

jArgHA wrote: »
    I haven't read through this whole thread, so I don't know if someone has already posted this - but please note all Meteor customers that there is currently a 25% Off your monthly bill via a HSS Groupscheme Voucher here:
    http://www.hssroi.groupscheme.com/content/phones-and-internet/meteor-ms/473

*** However it should be noted that by using the Groupscheme voucher you are agreeing that Meteor add 6 months to your current contract.

That doesn't seem to apply to this 1 month sim only contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭stargirl!

this offer doesnt quite work out as well as it sounds!
    take a look at a thread i posted in the consumer issues forum... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056435627

and further down the thread about the rediculous bill i got today!

Can that voucher be used when you take out a new phone on bill pay.

2 hours. But its finally done.

Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Can that voucher be used when you take out a new phone on bill pay.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    2 hours. But its finally done.

Sigh.

What contract were you on before the phone call?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

stargirl! wrote: »
    this offer doesnt quite work out as well as it sounds!
    take a look at a thread i posted in the consumer issues forum... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056435627

and further down the thread about the rediculous bill i got today!

reading that gave me a headache so still have no idea what your bill came to but from the gist of where i finished reading its how every bill pay account ive had in the past works

Kev. wrote: »
    What contract were you on before the phone call?

The same one, but it was costing me 25euro a month.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    The same one, but it was costing me 25euro a month.

Im on the same plan for 20 Euro a month

I tried to ring them yesterday but I was on the phone for 50 minutes and hung up..

Trying to get the courage up but an hour of Snow Patrol could send me over the top

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

was on the same 200 mins 200 texts 1GB data for €30 a month and rang them there and the girl said there was no €15 with data included so at length I tried to explain to her it was on the website.

In the end I just gave up and told here put me on the €20 a month with the 1GB of data - I think I might have to ring again and get on to someone else and get the deal for €15

Anyone else have this problem? the agents just are not at the races a lot of the time on Meteor and although they are helpful they could be better informed

• Advertisement

When on the phone be sure to ask them to e-mail you the details of the new plan

This saved me no end of hassle before

Advertisement