Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pimping My .223

• 24-07-2014 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I'm slowly getting to trick out my .223. When I got it I installed a timney trigger straight away and stuck a S&B 8x56 on it and always had the intentions of getting a new stock and getting it re-barrelled in the future.

I was surprised of how accurate a standard remmy sps was but it wasn't going to stop me going ahead with my plans.

Today I got step 2 done and collected my new stock, a PSE Composites E-Tac. I'm delighted with it and can't wait to get up to the range to test it out to see have the groups changed.
    Edi is a gentleman to deal with and definitely knows his stuff. It's brilliant to have a company like Edi's in Ireland and I'll have no problem recommending him to anyone.

IMG_02151_zps8444ef56.jpg

IMG_02161_zpsfb890fe9.jpg

IMG_02171_zpsc3f31663.jpg

The barrel looks lost in the channel but hopefully it won't look lost for too long. Hoping to having it re-barrelled in the near future :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭philmire

looks savage i bought my tikka off edi is unreal the feel of the rifle and the weight reduction is brill would also recommend edi to everyone if you want a light weight rifle stock and brilliant service pse is the place to go

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Did you at least wait until you got the gun this time before "pimping" it? :D

Looks the business kid. The new barrel will fill out that channel just fine. Picked my new toys this evening so if on the range Saturday i'll meet up and get a look at her in the flesh.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭DMW22

Cass wrote: »
    Did you at least wait until you got the gun this time before "pimping" it? :D

Looks the business kid. The new barrel will fill out that channel just fine. Picked my new toys this evening so if on the range Saturday i'll meet up and get a look at her in the flesh.

I'm not going to lie but I had the trigger before I had the rifle :D

I should be up on Saturday so I'll see you then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Fecking knew it. It's worse you're getting. Well ware all the same.

See you then so.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

2 of the lads I shoot with have PSE stocks, one has the "hunter" and the other "e-tac". Seriously impressive stocks! Lovely looking setup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Edi is a real one off guy. Lucky for me he lives in my home town and is an endless flow of knowledge to progress my shooting.. I got a new scope (edi's recommendation too may I add) and we had the PSE's out 2 days ago. Quality pieces of equipment and your shooting vastly improves both confidence and ability.

The hunter is my own T3 and the Tac is DogfoxCork.. a bit of fecking around.. First time properly dialing in the shots and it was great

2014-07-23%2020.39.55.jpg?_subject_uid=147093565&w=AAC90buND7-dLRM-Rgzn5ZPBZnOAYhTVzoF4w0xjFQ0aEA

'hdz

'hdz

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭DMW22

My new scope arrived today. It's a sightron s-tac 2.5-17.5 x 56 with moa reticle. Still waiting on the barrel but the rifle is nearly finished :-)

image_zps17a5e642.jpg

image_zps66106c71.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Well wear lad. Have to get my hands on an ejg stock one of these days.

Which Timney did you get, the 510? I just picked up a Calvin Elite model and cannot wait to try it out.

Advertisement