Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you enjoyed going to school?

• 25-08-2014 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭andymann

I did the leaving cert this year. Now that I'm finished secondary school, I can honestly say I loved going everyday, rain, hail or shine. Loved the challenge. Just wondering what's the general opinion of others who have also just finished.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I loved first year, second and third I hated. Fourth year was great. I just put up with 5th/6th year but i got my points so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

In later life you'll look back at it and not think of the study or homework involved....but of the friends you made and the good times you had there. Trust me. I hated school at the time....getting up early, getting homework, preparing for tests.
    Looking back it was one of the best times of my life, I miss it.

Probably a bit fresh in your memory is all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Mine changed a lot with the years.

1st: Good year, change of environment, new friends and fun.

2nd: Aimless, pointless year. I used to go mitching literally every day. I went so long without getting caught, but once I got caught the first time, the teachers started to notice. I really didn't enjoy second year at all, in fact the 2010 year was the worst of my life.

3rd: Good year with an actual focus. I liked the challenge of the exams. My teachers were pretty bad though and that used to frustrate me.

4th: Took a while to get in to it, but it was a great year. I did that Build-a-Bank challenge in which we made the national final and I loved the extra-curricular elements.

5th/6th: Good years. Fifth year was pretty easy and I never did much more than an hour of homework. LC was tough at times but I liked the challenge and the clear direction the exams gave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Didn't like school for the most part, found the environment very stressful. My final year in school was probably the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Nick_1494

I hated school. I'm glad I finished and I'm happy with the friends I made but I hated being told what to do in my last two years and even though I enjoyed some of my courses I found learning them in a large group to be tedious. I didn't enjoy the time wasted with busy work or the constant useless assembles, meetings, etc. It was just a bore really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Best years of my life, hopefully they'll be yours too when you look back in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I enjoy some of the lessons and the work-hard environment there was in JC, but now going into 5th year and dreading it cause the social aspect sucks balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭ Alonzo Clean Chick

They won't be the best years of my life for a few reasons but going into 6th year, I'm not filled with dread either. Happy to go in, do my 9 months hard work, and then reap the rewards in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

I did my Leaving in 1984........are us auld ones allowed here......I didn't read the charter!!!!

Loved secondary school. I hated primary school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Does anyone else find the school environment frustrating? I never really got on well with people much and hated studying. Maybe its just me. I'm going into fifth year this week, just want to get it out of the way tbh and move on with my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Study was crap, outside of that it was great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dee15

Although when I was there I would have said I hate it at times, my little brother starting in my old school today made me realise how jealous I am that I can't go back! Had hard years due to personal reasons but met lovely teachers and friends i know ill have for life :)

Advertisement