Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin Marathon 30/9/2012

• 20-10-2011 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Berlin Marathon 2012 opened up this morning for anyone interested.

Entry is 66 Euros for the 1st 10,000 so if your thinking about it - now is a good time to buy.

Just signed up myself (3rd Marathon)

Race site
    2011 thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Also In!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Website seems to be taking a bit of a bashing...can't get in at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SDARBS

Took me 3 attempts but I got registered eventually!

Will start the hotel hunt shortly, I'm sure it gets busy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Don't know why I'm tempted to register for this seeing the longest distance I've done so far is a 10k and there's a marathon here in Dublin to do instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

SDARBS wrote: »
    Took me 3 attempts but I got registered eventually!

Will start the hotel hunt shortly, I'm sure it gets busy...

Now I'm in but can't see the registration link on the main page... any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

I maybe having a blond moment but for the live of me I can't find link to register on Berlin website. Can someone post link here please.

Give this a blast, if you cant find the link from the homepage:

https://www.paps-test.de/en/doStart/YWWCYNL8WY

Its a health check thing first that gives you a code you enter later in the registration process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Can't find the link to register either, just thought I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

From Facebook:
    We ask to apologize for the technical problems with the website and register online. Please find you link to the online registration here:
    http://www.paps-test.de/en/go/YWWCYNL8WY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

claralara - IN
    digger - IN

• Advertisement

For anyone interested I've booked a room here (based on the recommendations on RW forum)

http://www.all-seasons-hotels.com/gb/hotel-7091-all-seasons-hotel-berlin-mitte/index.shtml

Payment taken at checkin and fully cancellable, given my injury record thats a bonus....

Christ I'm organised today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I'm in.

Unfortunately it seems like you have to register your personal best rather than 'predicted time' like 2011. This means I'll likely start further back than I did this year, even though I'll be intending to go much faster.

Hopefully I set a faster time between now and then and I can email them this info.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not gonna lie, I'm tempted. I'm almost scared to pick any sort of long-term goal like this though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bozinga

Hi all

Im in too - ran it two years ago, great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

SDARBS wrote: »
    For anyone interested I've booked a room here (based on the recommendations on RW forum)

http://www.all-seasons-hotels.com/gb/hotel-7091-all-seasons-hotel-berlin-mitte/index.shtml

Payment taken at checkin and fully cancellable, given my injury record thats a bonus....

Christ I'm organised today.

That now seems to be all booked out on the night of the 29th.
    How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Why does the expiration date on my credit card have to be at least 2 months after the event?!?!

*shuffles off and taps up work colleauge for credit card number*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

dev123 wrote: »
    Why does the expiration date on my credit card have to be at least 2 months after the event?!?!

*shuffles off and taps up work colleauge for credit card number*

I think its if you dont give your timing chip back they'll charge you €25 for it or something like that afterwards. Its quite annoying alright, i'd to use another card to enter this year.

Don't think i'll be heading over to this in 2012.

belcarra wrote: »
    That now seems to be all booked out on the night of the 29th.
    How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking?

No probs it was 99 Euros (Including Breakfast) I think it may have been cheaper if I was prepared to prepay.

Staying 3 nights, Fri, Sat & Sun....

Just realised that Oktoberfest runs until the 3rd of October... hmmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

First 10,000 already gone :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Al0502

Im in.
    Anyone got any hotel recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

Al0502 wrote: »
    Im in.

http://www.motel-one.com/uk/hotels/berlin.html

Motel-One beside the Hauptbahnhof.

5/6 minutes walk to start. New,Clean,Not expensive, 2 minutes walk to S-Bahn, directly to/from Airport.

( 20 minute walk from finish:) )

Al0502 wrote: »
    Im in.

This one is perfect, about 500m from the start/finish line and in front of the main train station (you'll arrive there from the airport). I just booked it for €100/night. Some of the folks stayed there this year and said it was very comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Murta

Cheers guys. Have just booked myself in for two nights. 'tis almost 100 quid cheaper than the one I was thinking of booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

jb-ski wrote: »
    http://www.motel-one.com/uk/hotels/berlin.html

Motel-One beside the Hauptbahnhof.

5/6 minutes walk to start. New,Clean,Not expensive, 2 minutes walk to S-Bahn, directly to/from Airport.

( 20 minute walk from finish:) )

Looks as if its sold out now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

happygoose wrote: »
    Looks as if its sold out now...

happygouse, maybe try it again. I booked it late this afternoon; they seem to still have some availability still.

DigiJem wrote: »
    happygouse, maybe try it again. I booked it late this afternoon; they seem to still have some availability still.

Yep, It's still showing availability.
    Do not book using the little booking square in the top left had corner of the page, rather press the 'select' button under the hotel on this page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭neilc

So very tempted to do it again next year but think I'm going to try and do Chicago instead. To anyone doing it for the first time, ye'll have a great time, it's a brilliant race and Berlin in a class city too.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭maggiemissy

hi everyone, am thinking of giving this a go, completed the dublin on monday, was injured and it didn't go to plan but finished in 4.38. What sort of course is Berlin, have read that its predominately flat, would like to aim for a sub 4 in my next, so it might suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

hi everyone, am thinking of giving this a go, completed the dublin on monday, was injured and it didn't go to plan but finished in 4.38. What sort of course is Berlin, have read that its predominately flat, would like to aim for a sub 4 in my next, so it might suit.

Very flat, well supported and scenic, thumbs up from me.

• Advertisement

They set a new world record on the course almost every year. If the weather is right, you won't get much faster.

Advertisement