Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted:Drake's Fortune (PS3) - Was €22.99, Now €7.99 (Less Than Half Price)[Argos]

• 28-08-2011 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

208-5686333SPA74UC703227M.jpg
    Buy it @ Argos
    Suitable for the PS3.
    A 400-year-old clue in the coffin of Sir Francis Drake sets a modern-day fortune hunter on an exploration for the fabled treasure of El Dorado, leading to the discovery of a forgotten island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
    The search turns deadly when Nathan Drake becomes stranded on the island and hunted by mercenaries. Outnumbered and outgunned, Drake and his companions must fight to survive as they begin to unravel the terrible secrets hidden on the Island.
    For ages 15 years and over.

(courtesy of HUKD)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Very few Uncharted copies available.
    694755-828201161752pm.png

That said, they have some other good PS3 deals:

Infamous is also available for €7.99, though little stock as well.
    Link

The Official PS move charger is reduced to €9.99
    Link

But I chose the cheaper alternative, which can charge both Move and normal controllers for €4.99
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Keith186

Can't find any in stock near me either.

Had the same problem with the touchpad but somehow others were able to reserve them after I had just tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry lads.. there is one in stock in my local Argos (while rarely has stock) so assumed there'd be a healthy amount of stock countrywide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Basq wrote: »
    Sorry lads.. there is one in stock in my local Argos (while rarely has stock) so assumed there'd be a healthy amount of stock countrywide.
    Did you try in store or online? While I was on the argos site, I searched for clearance stock in my local shop and it lists Uncharted and inFamous, even though neither show stock online? Maybe they are instore only.

Jackobyte wrote:
    Did you try in store or online?
    Online..

Picture_5_3.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

One wonders is this deliberate?, just to get folk having a nosey through the site. Stick up something, either electronic or media, that wil get picked up by Boards or HUKD but make it something there's only half a dozen of.

I finally plumped for the Apple in ear monitors the other day, debated at length in another thread, which had been further reduced down to €41.99. I went from Lucan to Naas for them. Very impressed, I reckoned I'd buy a few pairs as most of my family are now iPhone users. Looking like I got the last pair in stock in the country! Could not find a single pair in an Argos in the south

Must see if Amazon are pricematching :D

milltown wrote: »
    One wonders is this deliberate?, just to get folk having a nosey through the site. Stick up something, either electronic or media, that wil get picked up by Boards or HUKD but make it something there's only half a dozen of.
    I don't think so..

I've noticed the following with regards to Argos - what you'll often notice about the mostly out-of-stock Argos deals is they that were previously on special for a euro (or two) more previously.

So the majority of the units would shifted at that price.. so they drop it further to clear any few remaining copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Still a bargain at €22.99 though ;)

Advertisement