Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

estimate for what a 2005 e46 318ci worth ??

• 01-08-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Have a 2005 e46 318 ci that I am half thinking of selling and picking up a bangernomics instead..... that audi for 300 euro the other day got me thinking about it...

It is the SE model (m was top, then SE, then ES was base model). It has leather etc, full service history, two years NCT - it is actually almost identical to this car - same colour, leather, wheels etc etc (mine has 65k miles though)

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/3-Series/318-CI-S/201129203495645/advert?channel=CARS

Anyway - I've only had the car a year and didn't get it cheap so would be taking a fair whack on it and obviously no point in doing this if i'm going to lose a fortune on it - will just keep it for a few years if that is the case.

There are currently 28 of these cars on sale on carzone, petrol, two litre, 2005, coupes. They range from 15k asking price down to € 7, 450.

The first fourteen cars are priced at over 10k, the next nine cars are priced between 9k and 10k.

I realise that 10k upwards is probably quite unrealistic. What would people guess that the car might actually shift for ??? As I said, I dont NEED to sell it, so not going to give it away. Was thinking advertising about 9.5k and maybe taking 8.75 or so ???? Is this realistic at all ????

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

Nobody is their right mind would buy a 318ci even close to 10000 euro
    Getting a 05 or 04 makes no difference.

A lot of 03 318ci in good condition can be bought for 5000 euro
    You can buy new shaped 2005 320d for 8000-9000 euro.

CarZone always have lots of dreamers

Can't see you getting close to 8k to be honest, surely you didn't pay much over 10 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

RoverJames wrote: »
    Can't see you getting close to 8k to be honest, surely you didn't pay much over 10 for it.

Unfortunately I did. 12.5k in September last year. I suppose I'll just hold onto it. I looked at a lot of them when I bought and lots were in bits or had really basic spec on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

It's a nice car but it has a lot going against it. Msports are seriously desirable. The 320d is seriously desirable, the 6 pots are fairly desirable...The 318 non msport are not so much... You are probably looking at selling for closer to €7k unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

gpf101 wrote: »
    It's a nice car but it has a lot going against it. Msports are seriously desirable. The 320d is seriously desirable, the 6 pots are fairly desirable...The 318 non msport are not so much... You are probably looking at selling for closer to €7k unfortunately.

Thanks.

I agree with you. I actually looked at a few m sports when buying but bought mine as it was nicer over all, with leather and very clean. Lots of the m sports have the cloth seats. A 6 cyl is certainly a drivers car but I think the majority of people buying a 3 series would go for the cheaper tax, running costs etc......

Madness that nearly all cars are advertised at 10k plus, and many over 12k.

Thanks again anyway. I'll just hold onto it so for a few years, at 7k id have lost more than you'd lose after a year on a brand new car!

• Advertisement

It's worth throwing as add aon donedeal with an asking price more to your liking and see how it goes :)

Advertisement