Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clan Wars!!

• 15-01-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

What a show, very good set up, great crowd. Fights were amazing, especially (cant remember the names) but Goldie was the winner, that was a WAR!

Great showing again by Yannick Magee. Henry Fadipe...wow

Hope the guy that got hurt makes a full speedy recovery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

kid chaos wrote: »
    What a show, very good set up, great crowd. Fights were amazing, especially (cant remember the names) but Goldie was the winner, that was a WAR!

Great showing again by Yannick Magee. Henry Fadipe...wow

Hope the guy that got hurt makes a full speedy recovery

Niall tore a small tendon in his neck but otherwise is fine.we sent him to hospital just to be on the safe side but we got word during the show that he was grand,again fighter safety is paramount and it showed by the quick response from Anthony and his crew in getting him sorted as quickly as they did.
    The crowd at the show should be applauded for their patience last night while waiting for teh show to re-start,they were fully aware that we couldnt continue without the medical crew and fair play to Paul and the clan wars staff for sticking to their guns and again putting fighter safety first.
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭kid chaos

weemate wrote: »
    Niall tore a small tendon in his neck but otherwise is fine.we sent him to hospital just to be on the safe side but we got word during the show that he was grand
    Great to hear:)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

Great night, some fighters making their debut and wow some of them were really impressive.

The two fighters from Oakleaf Jujitsu didnt leave a great impression. Although its not illegal, going to touch gloves and then sneakily kicking their opponent was not very sportsman like, and just plain wrong. Luckily the other guy was quick of the mark and ducked. Trying to get one up on their opponent by pretending to be a good sportsman is just what we dont need in MMA. And to the fact that the fighter didnt care when the other guy was really hurt and not even checking if his opponent was ok. Cornermen should of spoken to their fighter and taught him how to be respectful

their other fighter then acting inapproiate when he wasnt defending himself to 4-5 knees to the face and the ref calling it, fighting with the crowd and ref when he made the right decision.

Other than those it was a good night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Hav to agree wif all the previous comments but firstly get well soon Niall and we hope to see you back :) x

Brill work by Paul and crew on fab nite, apart from about two matches the rest wer deadly.... congrats on the nite to me has to be given to Sudden Impact guys who I thought giv awesome performances and altho didnt win all fights ther type of guys that mak MMA so great for us :) x

Fighters who stood out for me wer Yannick (altho Conor woz great and showed real heart and skill), Caolan Shivers and Henry Feilipe ;) perfect performances!

I also feel for Paul Moore who has gotten seriously frustrated by not gettin to fight think tis third time :( x trainin and that over Xmas is hard, but as I said it wil come good for yeah (and if not I wil go into trainin for the nx fight hehe) ;) x

Altho given injury of Niall and hold up wif ambulance it had to be done but I do think show cuda been speed up between fights as it woz long nite but super show and well done :) x

Urs
    x

p.s. can u play som RnB nx time..... too much Rock for ole girl lik me lolol x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gav350

wingnut4 wrote: »
    Great night, some fighters making their debut and wow some of them were really impressive.

The two fighters from Oakleaf Jujitsu didnt leave a great impression. Although its not illegal, going to touch gloves and then sneakily kicking their opponent was not very sportsman like, and just plain wrong. Luckily the other guy was quick of the mark and ducked. Trying to get one up on their opponent by pretending to be a good sportsman is just what we dont need in MMA. And to the fact that the fighter didnt care when the other guy was really hurt and not even checking if his opponent was ok. Cornermen should of spoken to their fighter and taught him how to be respectful

their other fighter then acting inapproiate when he wasnt defending himself to 4-5 knees to the face and the ref calling it, fighting with the crowd and ref when he made the right decision.

Other than those it was a good night

It was niall morgan who wanted to touch gloves so he could get the advantage and shoot in on pauric, because he didn't want to stand and bang with him!! Pauric wasn't trying to get upper hand on his opponent.

We do care about niall because we trained with the lad, he's one of the nicest guy's i ever met, we didn't realize how serious it was at the start and of course we checked to see if he was ok afterwards, we didn't want stand over the top of the paramedics when they were trying to do their job. We weren't trying to disrespect anyone thats not what we're about. Everyone at oakleaf jj wishes niall the best and hopes he has a speedy recovery!

Now the other fighter representing us acted in a stupid manner, and we are very embarrassed about his display towards everyone. Needless to say he won't be representing us again, and we can only apologize for his behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

It was a fantastic event and the fights where awesome, we ourselves took 4 wins from 4 fights. We were gutted again for Paul but this may sound stupid but we are now used to it - thats actually the 4th time in a row lol

Niall's accident came due to trying to roll out of a guilotine and hurting himself, the paramdeics and doctors attending him believed it to be minor but with any neck injury full protocall needed to be taken to be on the safe side. Later that night we heard he got the all clear and just had torn a small tendon and would be fine with rest. The delay was the ambulance coming back but to help things along I arranged for another ambulance to be in attendance as I was not starting the show again without one - I put the fighters safety over all else.

I think all the fights were awesome, there wasnt one that I thought was bad. It was more or less a full fight card packed with action!!

A special thanks to all my IFS crew, without them we could not operate as smoothly or professionally, a special thanks to Colin Davidson for a fantastic job debuting for his MC career haha, he did very well.

Big thanks to the fighters for their dedication dieting down over christmas, making weight and being a pleasure to work with!

Lastly the fans!! Fans were unreal, they were respectful,friendly and really enjoyed themselves, they were also very patient and understanding - the whole night was great, infact even though it was a challenger show I think it was one of the best yet!

It was announced at Clan Wars about the Approval and contract for the Ulster Hall on the 28th of May but I will start another thread about that as its brilliant news!

P.S - Mrs Lynch - No chance on the RnB, Clan Wars has a tradition to keep up - Heavy metal and rock! We will get you converted soon enough :) \m/

P.P.S - Full results posted soon

164169_10150374707120332_703955331_16605329_205298_n.jpg

164124_10150374708820332_703955331_16605375_6651565_n.jpg

169057_10150374556790332_703955331_16602153_7502091_n.jpg

167058_10150374572755332_703955331_16602480_362236_n.jpg

163239_10150374675515332_703955331_16604513_5693330_n.jpg

165598_10150374558515332_703955331_16602195_1057674_n.jpg

IFS.NI wrote: »
    P.S - Mrs Lynch - No chance on the RnB, Clan Wars has a tradition to keep up - Heavy metal and rock! We will get you converted soon enough :) \m/
    No problems about the genre of music but just a little loud.

HAHAHA

if_its_too_loud_your_too_old_invitation-p1618731257655222092diuo_400.jpg

:(:(:(

My age I cant take rock lolol x wil I hav to get a tattoo and piercings in odd places lol ???

A vey crediable show and well done again ;)

Urs
    x

p.s. believe it or not top I woz gona wear had "Rock Chick" on it :eek:

• Advertisement

Ok heres the results I got lastnite ;)

Oisin Coburn v Shaun Donnelly - Uni Dec
    Andy Scott v Mark Loughrey - RNC 1st (1.28)
    Caolan Shivers v Mark Alexander - Ref stoppage 2nd
    Fabio Vitti v Axel Ritchie - Split Dec
    Pauric Henry v Nial Morgan - Gull 1st (1.25)
    Simon Peoples v Stephen Owens - Ref Stoppage 1st (2.24)
    James McBride v Andy Lyttle - Gull - 2nd (2.17)
    Dave Amstrong v Dean Dalton - TKO 2nd (0.25)
    Aaron Flynn v Paul Brennan - Uni Dec
    Finbar Doran v Ciaran Kearney - Gull 2nd (2.56)
    Henry Feilpe v Darragh Kennedy - TKO 1st (0.21)
    Yannick Magee v Conor Mulholland - Tri Choke 2nd (3.21)

Urs
    x

Cool, I was waiting until my guy emailed me the results but forgot you got them that night, i will just add in clubs, thanks Mrs Lynch!

Oisin Coburn (Legends MMA) v Shaun Donnelly (PCCM) - Uni Dec

Andy Scott (IFS) v Mark Loughrey (Legends MMA) - RNC 1st (1.28)

Caolan Shivers (Sudden Impact) v Mark Alexander (AVT) - Ref stoppage 2nd

Fabio Vitti (Lucan MMA)v Axel Ritchie (Strabane FT)- Split Dec

Pauric Henry (Oakleaf jj) v Nial Morgan (AVT) - Gull 1st (1.25)

Simon Peoples (IFS) v Stephen Owens (Oakleaf JJ)- Ref Stoppage 1st (2.24)

James McBride (Sudden Impact)v Andy Lyttle (Tai Jutsu MMA) - Gull - 2nd (2.17)

Dave Amstrong (IFS) v Dean Dalton (Legends MMA) - TKO 2nd (0.25)

Aaron Flynn (Dogpound) v Paul Brennan (Sudden Impact) - Uni Dec

Finbar Doran (IFS) v Ciaran Kearney (Lucan MMA) - Gull 2nd (2.56)

Henry Feilpe (Lucan MMA) v Darragh Kennedy (Kokor MMA) - TKO 1st
    (0.21)

Yannick Magee (Dogpound MMA) v Conor Mulholland (Sudden Impact) - Tri Choke 2nd (3.21)

Cool, I was waiting until my guy emailed me the results but forgot you got them that night, i will just add in clubs, thanks Mrs Lynch!

No bother I juz thought u might hav been resting today ;)

Urs
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Just outta curiosity why was henry's fight not ruled a KO?

Just outta curiosity why was henry's fight not ruled a KO?
    Agree, probably because his opponent gained consciousness very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mickoo

Great show etc etc...
    Why is no 1 saying this as they had no problem telling everyone on the night.
    Many fans where going around the show saying the time keeping was
    dodgy at best and was working in favour of the home team-also match making seemed to forget there own fighters previous backgrounds, this is what was been said at the show by many clubs and fans so this is what I'm basing this on-clan wars care to explain?!

I heard this on the night and even then I was shocked that people would try and stir sh1t.

Luckily we have footage of the said fight were you can time the rounds, the said fight shows the opponent tapping out at 2mins 57 secs - also on top of that Paul Hamill was doing corner and also had 2-3 secs left on his stop watch, there is further proof of this also with a picture of him showing guys and laughing.

What people seen was me reaching and asking the time keeper after the fight was called if it was over, I could not see.

I am dissappointed in peoples attitude and I thought people would no by now we do not cut corners, why would I chance everything I have worked for by getting proper sanctioning?? Answer is I wouldn't same way I wouldn't let the show continue when there was no ambulance available - I actually paid a heafty fee to bring another out to get the show back on again 20mins faster!!

I have had no complaints from any of our opponents coaches and have been talking away to them since - they all
    congratsulated me on a fantastic show and we are in talks about getting there fighters back on the next.

Only thing I have learnt is not to sit cageside beside a bloody judge or time keeper to get a good view as theirs always guys looking to stir sh1t.

P.s video is free for any to view and will have a time box on the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭colinlaird000

From being at the Clan Wars show and having a good seat I can safely say that everything (In my humble opinion) was called straight down the middle. :p Well, by one judge anyway! The production was top class in terms of razzle dazzle and MCing, yet like Ursula I would have to say that after the long night we all had due to Nialls Injury the music was a bit loud. And i would be a fan of the metal genre too. Also there were a few fights that might have looked closer on paper than they were going to play out ;)
    One thing about the stoppage due to injury was there was a potential to fill the interim with some sort of entertainment. It would have been nice to see some sort of "filler" like a grappling match / dancing monkeys etc.
    In general there looked to be excellent sportsmanship from fighters and conermen, but I was mildy annoyed by Naills opponent who possibly got his celebrations going a little quickly after what looked like a serious injury to his opponent. The issue with the guy coming flying out of his corner is a bit naughty.. but not against the rules. james Thompson has done this a million times in his fights to prevent that Ju Jitsu stuff ruining his Muay Thai fight :p.
    In my uneducated opinion, some of the fights didn't appear terribly technical, with the exception of Henrys beautiful standup (I honestly thought he was physically mismatched coming into the ring. Mr Lavery, you were right...) And a lovely little Jiu Jitsu tussle between Yannick and Conor at the end of the night.
    And am i just getting old and frail, or were there Welterweights that looked like heavyweights? :eek:

I would also just like to give big props to Lucan MMA as they didnt buy into this drivle when they were told and believed us once they told us, they told us they know we are a genuine people and that they are in full support of Clan Wars and know of the professionalism involved.

With their own time on their stop watch,my word and the proof on the video they now know who was stirring the sh1t.

Thanks Lucan!

One thing about the stoppage due to injury was there was a potential to fill the interim with some sort of entertainment. It would have been nice to see some sort of "filler" like a grappling match / dancing monkeys etc.

LOL Well as you know the inujury wasnt planned and we were clean out of monkeys.We were out the back trying to sort another ambulance - we did announce that there was photo oppertunities with the cage girls which apparently went very well .....which was nice lmao

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Hey Guys. I was keeping time myself and by my watch I had one second left on the clock which is in the picture mentioned. I had stopped it a couple seconds late too I rekoned. In the heat of the moment when a couple other temas mentioned the incident i thought maybe but on the side of rational theres no way the guys would risk their reputation and sanctioning over a fight. As it happens that was a great battle between ciaran and fin. Ciaran left that night with his head held high and has had problems with nerves in the past. This fight I see as a massive turning point in his training and he will only come back more determined.
    Hers the picture mentioned.
    165782_10150374705390332_703955331_16605295_4778950_n.jpg

Paul and the clan wars guys always put on a good show. I think to make these accusations if a big insult to the guys when they put in alot of hard work. Its great to see amatuers getting their chance too, and some of the fighters making their debut were great.

You must be all getting old the music wasnt overally loud at all! must be those in their 30's and 40's who are em......sensitive to sounds!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RAMA 5

mickoo wrote: »
    Great show etc etc...
    Why is no 1 saying this as they had no problem telling everyone on the night.
    Many fans where going around the show saying the time keeping was
    dodgy at best and was working in favour of the home team-also match making seemed to forget there own fighters previous backgrounds, this is what was been said at the show by many clubs and fans so this is what I'm basing this on-clan wars care to explain?!
    Never heard as much bollocks in my life. The only complaint seems to be from you and others with a different agenda and not the other fighters, coaches (who by the way carry their own stopwatches) or supporters of fighters, fighting lads from IFS. Every fight was recorded with the time showing on screen. All I.F.S fighters were making their debut, nothing hidden from opposing coaches/fighters so once again you are talkin outa your ass. Buy a DVD when they come out and Grow up.

I didn't mean they were cheating lol. I just meant they looked big! I'm middle aged now. I don't need to cut weight. :p

Ok guys everyone is going way off on a tangent, all conspiracy theories have been put to rest and we have recieved apologises, no harm done but guys in future before you try and stir sh1t just know everything has been covered and double copied, we don't do anything without the sanctioning say so and every possible outcome can be covered in there. Lesson of the day is don't jump to conclusions or try and stir sh1t.

Show was excellent, brilliant crowd, great MC, timing was spot on, reffing was spot on and the cage girls were very friendly, great supporting clubs and fighters - fantastic night all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RAMA 5

From being at the Clan Wars show and having a good seat I can safely say that everything (In my humble opinion) was called straight down the middle. :p Well, by one judge anyway! The production was top class in terms of razzle dazzle and MCing, yet like Ursula I would have to say that after the long night we all had due to Nialls Injury the music was a bit loud. And i would be a fan of the metal genre too. Also there were a few fights that might have looked closer on paper than they were going to play out ;)
    In general there looked to be excellent sportsmanship from fighters and conermen, but I was mildy annoyed by Naills opponent who possibly got his celebrations going a little quickly after what looked like a serious injury to his opponent. The issue with the guy coming flying out of his corner is a bit naughty.. but not against the rules. james Thompson has done this a million times in his fights to prevent that Ju Jitsu stuff ruining his Muay Thai fight :p.
    In my uneducated opinion, some of the fights didn't appear terribly technical, with the exception of Henrys beautiful standup (I honestly thought he was physically mismatched coming into the ring. Mr Lavery, you were right...) And a lovely little Jiu Jitsu tussle between Yannick and Conor at the end of the night.
    And am i just getting old and frail, or were there Welterweights that looked like heavyweights? :eek:

Those "suspiciously big guys" know how to cut weight "PROPERLY" to make weigh in. If others had the same knowledge along with the willingness to knock their balls in at our training,as well as eating properly then they would look the same. All weigh-ins are on video.

ok ok .. maybe the word suspiciously was used out of context to make it sound more dramatic. :p

I'm not small for my weight catagory. Im just faaaaaar away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Great event on Friday night, really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the Ulster Hall already :)

Here's a selection of my images.. http://www.shoottothrill.co.uk/2011/01/clan-wars-6/

ClanWars-1.jpg

I would say Im at almost 80% of shows in the country and have seen an array of silly errors and dumb mistakes, I did not see any of this at Clan Wars and hav to say my only nag woz the music (Im too old for rock) and it being a long nite (definately old) :) x

There is no point in complainin after the event on weights or history, coaches/ promotions should bring this up before the fighter enters the cage not after the fight imo ;)

Clan Wars really impressed me and hav to say they hav great support from their fans which is brill as moving around the country and still pullin the crowd :)

Well done to all involved I know you had few pull outs and had to deal wif alot of flu etc but excellent show and cant wait to you bring it to the Big Smoke next lol ;) x

Urs
    x

• Advertisement

Agreed with Urs, However I do think you should have ring men, its abit sexist if you ask me,lol, a few gsp's wouldnt go a miss

Advertisement