Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So is this it for the Garda Reserve intake for awhile?

• 19-03-2014 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I was following other threads and it appeared that the last intake of reserves was going to it for the next while. Is there any truth in it?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

JonathanP wrote: »
    I was following other threads and it appeared that the last intake of reserves was going to it for the next while. Is there any truth in it?

Not from my information. We are close to the maximum number of 1300 but intakes will continue as currently serving reserves leave to either move abroad , because of family commitments , job pressure or recruitment to the full time. So it will depend on the empty slots and getting them filled ASAP. If you have completed all stages and passed the medical it is only a matter of waiting for the call from HRM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

HRM told me recently that intakes are slowing down but not stopping altogether,

also said no intakes for rest of 2014,

Canyon86 wrote: »
    HRM told me recently that intakes are slowing down but not stopping altogether,

also said no intakes for rest of 2014,

I suppose it depends on the attrition rate in the next couple of months. If they stick to the shames class numbers of say 45 to 50 they will be lining the applicants up in order to keep the 1300 number up to strenght

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Depends on the number that gets through to the full time service. If the Reserves see that they have not been given some advantage in the recruitment process they will find it hard to get people to apply for the Reserves in the future and to hold on to the present lot

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Depends on the number that gets through to the full time service. If the Reserves see that they have not been given some advantage in the recruitment process they will find it hard to get people to apply for the Reserves in the future and to hold on to the present lot

No way that will happen already a huge waiting list so we must be doing something right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement