Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Spring/Summer 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

looking out the window yesterdaly evening at dusk, we had a burning red looking sky, usually it is of less red coulering in evening indicating great weather on the morrow,
    what was this about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭lolie

No cumulus here just a nice afternoon.
    For once all i want is a few dry hours to mow the meadow, sorry meant lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i saw a rainbow north of me, and a red sky west of me, whats it all about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

The place to be atm is in the Belfast area. Thunderstorms are crossing the North channel from Scotland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

goat2 wrote: »
    i saw a rainbow north of me, and a red sky west of me, whats it all about

That is one of the signs of the Apocalypse :eek:

Seriously, there was a faily widespread sheet of dense stratocumulus/altocumulus over the country this evening with a few embedded showers. Red evening sky would suggest that there was breaks in the cloud to your west whilst rainbow to the north was due to a shower in that direction from you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭hawkwing

South Tipp getting plastered all evening,and tomorrow evening still to come..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

There's a sigmet out (valid to 0930UTC) for embedded thunderstorms forecast for the southeast (south of 53N, east of 6W) moving WNW at 20 kts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Radar looking heavy already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

just got a call from the wife, power outtage in termonfeckin and she did hear some thunder !! salad for dinner then .. feck

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

whippet wrote: »
    just got a call from the wife, power outtage in termonfeckin and she did hear some thunder !! salad for dinner then .. feck

Where's termonfeckin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

IMC042 wrote: »
    Where's termonfeckin?

An Lú

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

vicwatson wrote: »
    An Lú

It IS a real place, ha. The "feckin" threw me off. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

IMC042 wrote: »
    It IS a real place, ha. The "feckin" threw me off. :)

Sure is, Dustin the Turkey sang about it once ! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termonfeckin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Some sferics down in the south of England, just about to fly over there so I hope the action lasts for a while longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

Wet and windy all day here in Wicklow. Wind seems to be picking up too, could be the beginning of a stormy night! Here's hoping...

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭lostinashford

Wind currently 23km/h, gusting 42km/h N
    14.7mm so far

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭SpaceRocket

Wind currently 23km/h, gusting 42km/h N
    14.7mm so far

Any chance of it getting stormier here over the weekend do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

how likely is the south east going to see any action tonight? the air is unbelievably heavy and close here in youghal.

Any chance of it getting stormier here over the weekend do you think?

No signs of any lightening or thunder but stormy with wind

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    how likely is the south east going to see any action tonight? the air is unbelievably heavy and close here in youghal.

Rain moving off ATM so don't think so, would love to b wrong:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭dublinbusdude

I want thunder & lighting for weeks in Dublin and nothing as yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Rain moving off ATM so don't think so, would love to b wrong:D

bah :( have the door wide open because it's so warm

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    bah :( have the door wide open because it's so warm

Enjoy the mild weather, but no sign of any fireworks, not my fault !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Greg chasing again, some angry looking skies if anyone interested...

http://live.tvnweather.com/#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ravomix

Once again its the uk dat gets the spectacular weather with disappointment as usual for Ireland.Theres no chance of thunder next week with the boring Atlantic regime of below normal temperatures and a few light showers.I give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Sitting in the summer house watching and listening to one of the biggest thunder and lightening shows I've ever seen. South east Poland. Seems there are around 3 or 4 storms in the surrounding hills/tetra mountains (we are in a valley). Sun amazingly out to our west still. Lightening touching ground all around. Car was showing 38c earlier, realistically 33/34c, with humidity making sweat run off you. Happy holidays with my in laws!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

snaps wrote: »
    Sitting in the summer house watching and listening to one of the biggest thunder and lightening shows I've ever seen. South east Poland. Seems there are around 3 or 4 storms in the surrounding hills/tetra mountains (we are in a valley). Sun amazingly out to our west still. Lightening touching ground all around. Car was showing 38c earlier, realistically 33/34c, with humidity making sweat run off you. Happy holidays with my in laws!
    Heading over to medyka out side przemysl in the end of august to my inlaws hopefully there still be action then ,the south of poland are entering there third week of a heat wave ,god i would to live there they have proper seasons there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

My girlfriend is currently in Moldova and sat outside watching a thunderstorm pass by all the time texting me and teasing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭lolie

Some big showers building up on the radar now.
    Few sparks maybe.
    http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Some nice cape tomorrow
    ukcapeli.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

lolie wrote: »
    Some big showers building up on the radar now.
    Few sparks maybe.
    http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

Some nice cape tomorrow

feck it anyways!... looks good for the east and i said id do an extra shift in work 2moro evening!! :mad::mad::mad:

212408.png

What to do what to do what to do!?... :(

Most parameters seem good too apart from Shear so storms wont organise well . But still good! Just waiting on Lightningwizard to update on the 12z run

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement