Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brandy and Cigars MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Well indeed I like SOAD / RATM myself too but industrial as a style refers to more synth driven stuff like NIN.

No band. Just me. I do everything from scratch myself... except sing. I would do that too if I could but I can't... I sound like a pissed karaoke uncle :(

All I need is a singer who has a mic and internet at home and I'll do the rest. Harder to find than you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Sky King wrote: »
    Well indeed I like SOAD / RATM myself too but industrial as a style refers to more synth driven stuff like NIN.

No band. Just me. I do everything from scratch myself... except sing. I would do that too if I could but I can't... I sound like a pissed karaoke uncle :(

All I need is a singer who has a mic and internet at home and I'll do the rest. Harder to find than you think!

Hmmmm, I may just have somebody in mind. It's a guy, does that matter? You looking for any particular type of voice?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

thanks, but as the account is in my landladies name they wouldn't talk to me about it.

Odd, the UPC in my apt is under my flat mates name but there's never any bother once I confirm the account details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I had a coffee on the way back from the Ireland match. I am now wired and can't sleep.

Rock and roll :pac:

But...COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Odd, the UPC in my apt is under my flat mates name but there's never any bother once I confirm the account details.

See they'll assume you're the account holder if you're the right gender and can confirm the details.i just didn't have the landladies phone number on me.might ring and chance it. I said to your one on the phone if I had said I was the account holder when I rang would I have been able to get the information,she goes but why would you lie? As if it was some great moral problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Sauvignon I am going to send you a PM to save wrecking everyone's head here :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

See they'll assume you're the account holder if you're the right gender and can confirm the details.i just didn't have the landladies phone number on me.might ring and chance it. I said to your one on the phone if I had said I was the account holder when I rang would I have been able to get the information,she goes but why would you lie? As if it was some great moral problem

hmmm, I always identify meself as someone else who lives there. Doesn't make sense either having your landlady to make the call as she's not going to be able to go over stuff or discuss the problems.

Odd thing though, even with him being the account holder, I get a txt with the bill :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Ah well that sounds like you've been added to the account.so yeah you'd have no problem getting info.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

hmmm, I always identify meself as someone else who lives there. Doesn't make sense either having your landlady to make the call as she's not going to be able to go over stuff or discuss the problems.

Odd thing though, even with him being the account holder, I get a txt with the bill :eek:
    I set up the direct debit for the house for ESB and Gas bills - except the landlord put one of the other lads I live with down as the account holder - even though I pay the bill they can't give me any information on the account as I'm not down as a joint account holder...

I must say this to the flatmate actually in case there's an issue or something! It's still a bit ridiculous that when I rang up to setup the account they couldn't just add me then - you're setting up a standing order to pay the bill for the account but you need somebody else at the house to confirm you as an account holder

I've been in work for just two hours, and I've already superglued myself to myself.
    They should know better than to ask me to fix things :mad:
    But 'thing' is fixed so it's all good...

• Advertisement

I've been in work for just two hours, and I've already superglued myself to myself.
    Fixing things never tends to work out well for me either - I'm not very creative or good with my hands for a leftie :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

are you still stuck to yourself though?

Are lefties generally better with their hands?
    Never heard that before....

are you still stuck to yourself though?

Lol no I'm grand thanks!
    Misssing a wee bit of skin but nothing life-threatening :pac;
    Nail varnish remover ftw!

They're supposed to be more creative and artistic (I'm assuming this would include being good with your hands) - I'm not

Righties are supposed to be more mathematical and logical - I'm not

In summation I have no real skills and I'm not very good at things!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

You know you've been reading this thread for too long when you make a sex reference out of the quote above..

Well there is an urban myth that it is the case. The idea being that the right side of the brain has the creativity centre, therefore left handed people are more creative. But it is just an urban myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Couldn't help but think of that scene from one of the "American Pie" films where he accidentally uses superglue instead of the oul tube a lube!:pac:
    american-pie-2-glue-scene.jpg

Oh, and ciotógach people rule the world!:pac:

You know you've been reading this thread for too long when you make a sex reference out of the quote above..

Oh don't worry- I did too, just thought I'd be the only one!
    Should've know better I guess :pac:

Well there is an urban myth that it is the case. The idea being that the right side of the brain has the creativity centre, therefore left handed people are more creative. But it is just an urban myth.
    Well I read it on the internet so it's definitely true PK

• Advertisement

I know of a guy through my work that had to go to A&E after glueing zombie stuff to his face at Halloween. He looked like some tool going there the next morning :pac:

Panthro-
    It wasn't quite that bad....but now the replay in my head is :D

PaulieC wrote: »
    Well I read it on the internet so it's definitely true PK

But you read my dismissal of it on the Internet too...which do you believe? Will our heads explode at that logic conflict???

But I read it on the Internet...then I read something that disagreed...*head explodes*

welll... hopefully they had something around the shop to sort you out :P

But you read my dismissal of it on the Internet too...which do you believe? Will our heads explode at that logic conflict???

But I read it on the Internet...then I read something that disagreed...*head explodes*
    lol

Sure I know you're joking with me about it not being true because as we all know there's no such thing as conflict on the internet - especially on forums

*laughs heartily

Flame war coming up....:pac:

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

PaulieC said your a silly billy....

Curses Drav, beat me to it!!

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Curses Drav, beat me to it!!

Ha loser...