Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what film scared the pee outta you as a kid?

Options
  • 01-08-2007 10:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

Just finished waching Stephen Kings IT for the first time since I was about 9 years old.

While not as scary now I remember Pennywise the clown scared the ever loving crap out of me for weeks on end.

So what film scared you all as a kid?

edit: some clips of Pennywise from IT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

miju wrote:
    Just finished waching Stephen Kings IT for the first time since I was about 9 years old.

While not as scary now I remember Pennywise the clown scared the ever loving crap out of me for weeks on end.

So what film scared you all as a kid?

Oh yeah thats definitely one, along with the twins in the Shining.

Was scared ****less of childcatcher in Chitty Bang Bang too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

oh yeah I remember the chldcatcher in chitty , chitty bang bang as well. he just kinda creeped me out though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead was born in 77. Theres an awful lot of kids from my generation that were disturbed by Salems Lot. Haven't watched it since. Too afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭skibum

Jaws, my dad took me to see it when I was 10 as a birthday present, that f*cking sound track scared the sh!te out of me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

'It' scared the living daylights out of me, i still hate clowns, the modern day superman scared me too because it was total pants

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Didn't think this would suit the films board?

I wasn't the kind of kid to get frightened at films. Especially the 'scary' ones. They were usually a bit of a laugh. Edward Scissorhands depressed the **** out of me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭afatbollix

i was 8 and at a friends birthday party i seen jerasic park i hid behind the couch dfor bits :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hocus Pocus. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

'It' scared the living daylights out of me, i still hate clowns, the modern day superman scared me too because it was total pants

Remember thinking it was scary but never thought it scared me. But I have an unexplained hatred of clowns too, hmm, Stephen King lawsuit coming up. Class action, admiral?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Event Horizon.

*Shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Pighead wrote:
    Pighead was born in 77. Theres an awful lot of kids from my generation that were disturbed by Salems Lot. Haven't watched it since. Too afraid.

My God, you're 30! I had you down as 22. As for films...cant think of any really...the bad gremlins kinda freaked me out.

Ruu wrote:
    Hocus Pocus. :(
    He he!

zuutroy wrote:
    My God, you're 30! I had you down as 22.
    Nope 30. Pighead was 22 about 8 years ago though. Perhaps thats were the confusion arose?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Nothing scared me.
    I'm a double hard bastard.
    See those threads about standing up to scumbags?
    I didn't post there because my stories of standing up to them would frighten the hardest of you.

my mammy told me the local slaughterhouse was haunted. I was afraid to walk by it for years

Aliens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Collie D wrote:
    Class action, admiral?

indeed, i cant even go near a circus. im 26 years old and i would literally run a mile if i saw a clown, stephen king is indeed a cnut

back on topic, ghost also gave me the creeps, those ghouls that took the bad people away:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Pighead wrote:
    Nope 30. Pighead was 22 about 8 years ago though. Perhaps thats were the confusion arose?

You mean it's not 1999 anymore....?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

indeed, i cant even go near a circus. im 26 years old and i would literally run a mile if i saw a clown, stephen king is indeed a cnut

back on topic, ghost also gave me the creeps, those ghouls that took the bad people away:eek:
    Clowns only scare me because of the time I tried to sneak into a circus and one of the clowns caught me and kicked me up the arse.
    My friends got in without being caught, the bastards.

zuutroy wrote:
    You mean it's not 1999 anymore....?

Somebody should tell Prince. He's just given away his new album for free thinking he can still rake in the royalties on that song

Terry wrote:
    Clowns only scare me because of the time I tried to sneak into a circus and one of the clowns caught me and kicked me up the arse.
    My friends got in without being caught, the bastards.
    Jesus, bad luck buddy. Of all the circus performers to catch you sneaking in and give you a kick up the arse, it had to be the one with the biggest shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

The older heads here might remember "The Hand". Its was about a white gloved hand that used to go around choking the bejaysus out of anyone it came across. Must have been 6/7 when I seen it. The nightmares faded away after about 4 months. !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭redtom

When I were a lad (a long time ago now), I was out running round one fine summer's evening and got to starin in the neighbours window as they had a "video" out for the night (ah, good times - top loading VCR machines... ) - anyway, out they popped and said "Hey, come on in and watch it if you want" - evil bastards, it turned out to be Evil Dead 2 and I came in just as a hand came through the trapdoor and rammed a pencil into someone's ankle, again and again... man, I was scared abso****inlutely ****less that night and it took me a long time to ever watch that one again...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pighead wrote:
    Jesus, bad luck buddy. Of all the circus performers to catch you sneaking in and give you a kick up the arse, it had to be the one with the biggest shoes.

Hat to admit it but I laughed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

The Queen from Alice in Wonderland (cartoon version) She was scary! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Threads... :'(

*edit* adding link for the younger members of the audience...

Irish Wolf wrote:
    Threads... :'(
    According to imdb 'threads' is a documentary style account of a nuclear holocaust and it's effect on the working class city of Sheffield, England; and the eventual long run affects of nuclear war on civilization.

Pretty scary alright buddy but don't worry Sheffields miles and miles away. Turn that frown upside down..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

The Fog

1980 version

Saw it in 1984 I think (I was 8)

Still gets the sh1ts up me when there's a fog out

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Nite of the living dead,jesus still cant watch any of them.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Extreme-LoopZ

I think the movie was called The Lady in White, saw it when I was about 5, I remember it scared the bjezus outa me then, I haven't seen it since though.....

Advertisement