Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I'm appealing folks

• 18-07-2014 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I want to appeal my ban

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi,

Have you approached the mod who banned you as per the 1st step in the DRP?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No, why would I approach him?
    I don't know him.
    I don't know why I was banned.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As per the 1st step, the process is to PM the mod who banned you, if he decides to uphold the ban, than I will have a look at the ban.

Thats how the DRP works as outlined above ^^

Well he thinks I should be banned, would he change his mind?
    Il have a word and see what he says.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Messaged him, no response!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,272 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not being funny, but allowing about an hour for a response on a Saturday morning isn't what I would consider no response. Mods are volunteers and have lives outside of Boards. In the case of this particular mod I can see he hasn't been online at all today. Please have a little more patience.

Zaph wrote: »
    Not being funny, but allowing about an hour for a response on a Saturday morning isn't what I would consider no response. Mods are volunteers and have lives outside of Boards. In the case of this particular mod I can see he hasn't been online at all today. Please have a little more patience.

Is there any other way to get this sorted?
    I appreciate mods are volunteers but surely there are mechanisms in place to deal with this sort of thing?
    I'm only interested in following the British open golf thread. It's currently underway and it's over at 3 pm.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Still banned :( very sad.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

So sad.......

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Thanks for nothing lads!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's the weekend and mods are volunteers.

The person you were replying to was specifically asking about a bet, and was rightly banned for it. However yours was a jocose reply - I don't believe that you were knowingly breaking the rules.

I'm going to lift your ban, but please make yourself aware of the rules before posting again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement