Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OUYA Console for €58.80 + shipping (€16.90) - [Lapado.de]

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I'm using it with xbmc helix side loaded. Its grand. Lots to do on it. Emulators - good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

I'm using it with xbmc helix side loaded. Its grand. Lots to do on it. Emulators - good fun.

I think it is a great little machine, I mainly use it for XBMC, have Gotham loaded on it and having tried a couple of other android devices for XBMC this one has performed the best and I find the remote control good for navigating around though I mainly use an app on the phone to control it

I do play some games on it and have no complaints with them either, it is very good value for the price imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Am interested in picking up a media player for xbmc instead of hooking up the laptop all the time and this looks in my price range. Good to hear that few seem to recommend it. Is mailbox.De still the cheapest around and are they reliable for delivery to Ireland? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

I have one of these also and its a great piece of kit, the games on it are a bonus but it runs Gotham brilliantly. Only issue I hit is to keep an eye on the internal space, make sure to delete any downloads, side loaded apps you dont need etc as I ran out of space on it few weeks ago - or just stick in a usb and get some additional space on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

I think it is a great little machine, I mainly use it for XBMC, have Gotham loaded on it and having tried a couple of other android devices for XBMC this one has performed the best and I find the remote control good for navigating around though I mainly use an app on the phone to control it

I do play some games on it and have no complaints with them either, it is very good value for the price imo

Can I ask which app you use ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭stooge

Official XBMC Remote for Apple phones is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Was there not a parcel motel for Germany???

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Can I ask which app you use ?

I use the app to control XBMC not the Ouya itself just in case that wasn't clear

I flip flop between the official XBMC app and Yatsee, there are pros and cons to both but I do like that the official app has a widget that you can pin to a screen which looks like a remote control which means you don't ahve to go opening an App to use XBMC

This is on an Android phone but I am sure they are available for Apple as well

Anyone able to get the irish tv add on working on it - in xbmc video add ons?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 115 ✭✭nomeban

What sort of hacks can be done to this? Is it pretty much the same as an android phone ie. installing new ROMS and stuff? Can this play android games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

That add-on is hit and miss, mostly miss but it's not down to the console.

nomeban wrote: »
    What sort of hacks can be done to this? Is it pretty much the same as an android phone ie. installing new ROMS and stuff? Can this play android games?

There is a cyanogenmod ROM but I'm not sure if it's any good. You can just change the launcher which is enough because the Ouya launcher is sh1t. You can hack it to add the play store.

It's great for running emulators for running retro games.

I had it launch straight into XBMC because that was all I used it for.

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Am interested in picking up a media player for xbmc instead of hooking up the laptop all the time and this looks in my price range. Good to hear that few seem to recommend it. Is mailbox.De still the cheapest around and are they reliable for delivery to Ireland? Cheers

Consider the Fire TV and Fire TV stick. They have lots of advantages over the Ouya like having a great little IR remote, better low power and stand by. They run XBMC really well. Only draw back is most units now aren't rootable and so can't use USB storage

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

groom wrote: »
    AerTV is gone subscription only so thats the live tv bit gone anyway. It was always really unreliable anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Thargor wrote: »
    groom wrote: »

AerTV is gone subscription only so thats the live tv bit gone anyway. It was always really unreliable anyway.

the one by mossy or mx?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    the one by mossy or mx?
    Both, they pulled their live streams from AerTV and their Player streams from the various different RTE/TV3 websites.

Both, they pulled their live streams from AerTV and their Player streams from the various different RTE/TV3 websites.

right, i've only started using xbmc there, still trying to find whats worthwhile etc.

i had the mx one on last night, just a minute though, and rte1 was working @720p. probably wouldn't be something i use too often when living in ireland (unless i set up the pvr) but it'd be good if abroad.
    I uninstalled the whole thing after though & started fresh on kodi & haven't added it back yet

batistuta9 wrote: »
    right, i've only started using xbmc there, still trying to find whats worthwhile etc.

i had the mx one on last night, just a minute though, and rte1 was working @720p. probably wouldn't be something i use too often when living in ireland (unless i set up the pvr) but it'd be good if abroad.
    I uninstalled the whole thing after though & started fresh on kodi & haven't added it back yet
    Sorry missed this, where are you getting a 720p RTE stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Mx Rte player.
    You'll find it on TV addons

yeah that's it mentioned above

i got it in total installer > search by countries > irish

• Advertisement

That Ouya deal with Lapado is gone, anyone know next best price available anywhere?

Advertisement