Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MRI prices 2009 vs 2014

• 17-10-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭

Had an MRI done in 2009. The single MRI cost approximately €600.

I had an identical MRI done last week for the same area on my spine. Cost was €200.

Same place (Euromedic). Have the prices drastically dropped, or was I overcharged in 2009??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

They got cheaper.

Ya could get your knee done for €250/€300 3 or 4 years ago but spine was dearer, harder to image, resolution, other stuff.

Shop around another bit, I've seen a few advertise in the €150-€180 region. Their's more competition now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I had an MRI done last month for €149 in the new Limerick Clinic. Great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

They got cheaper.

Ya could get your knee done for €250/€300 3 or 4 years ago but spine was dearer, harder to image, resolution, other stuff.

It's bizarre because it was the exact same machine on both occassions so I would have thought the image resolution was the same.

I'll enquire with their billing dept all the same.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

mrcheez wrote: »
    It's bizarre because it was the exact same machine on both occassions so I would have thought the image resolution was the same.

I'll enquire with their billing dept all the same.

There is more competition now so that has driven down prices. Also, the machine will have started to pay for itself in the years it has been running so it is possible they can reduce the costs.

I doubt you will get anything back from them for the original scan.

Also, euromedic have taken on some government work iirc, which will drive the prices down for private consumers.

Advertisement