Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to a few months down the line too when I have a little bump, it will make it feel more real.

I'm pretty shocked actually! Was 22 weeks on my first before I made the transition into maternity wear so this 9 weeks bursting out of regular clothes has come as a shocker! :D

All good though, won't complain. Just makes it difficult not to tell people!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

So stopped into the doctor today been very nauseous, unable to eat anything and dizzy spells, turns out I am very close to dehydration and need to sort it before it's a trip to hospital :( been trying but hard to stomache anything this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

So stopped into the doctor today been very nauseous, unable to eat anything and dizzy spells, turns out I am very close to dehydration and need to sort it before it's a trip to hospital  been trying but hard to stomache anything this week!

awe no, hopefully you can get something in, have you tried the magic medicine of the Irish........ flat 7up! I know someone who cant tolerate anything else but can keep that in, you prob tried it tho!

had a scare last night myself, a bit of old blood, was just a once off but it really scares you, have now booked a private early scan for Wednesday, i'l be 8w 5days then, we should hear a heartbeat? shouldn't we?

ainy wrote: »
    awe no, hopefully you can get something in, have you tried the magic medicine of the Irish........ flat 7up! I know someone who cant tolerate anything else but can keep that in, you prob tried it tho!

had a scare last night myself, a bit of old blood, was just a once off but it really scares you, have now booked a private early scan for Wednesday, i'l be 8w 5days then, we should hear a heartbeat? shouldn't we?

Yep, at 8 +5 you should, so exciting, good luck with it! :)

Yep, at 8 +5 you should, so exciting, good luck with it! 

thats great, was trying to hold out for my proper scan but thats still another 6weeks away so will be happier after Wednesday, all goin well obviously! is it normal to keep imagining that something is wrong?
    my breasts arent as sore as they were and the tiredness seems to have eased a bit but the nausea kicked in a bit more the last couple days, i'm a bit of a pessimist at the best of times so its probably just that!

sorry for the long post and the moan!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭user2012

So stopped into the doctor today been very nauseous, unable to eat anything and dizzy spells, turns out I am very close to dehydration and need to sort it before it's a trip to hospital :( been trying but hard to stomache anything this week!

Hi pebble,
    Went through this on my first & it's a horrible thing to go through. I found that soda water or sparkling water helped. And ice cubes, lots of ice cubes. Also my gp & consultant told me to drink the likes of lucozade sports drinks to keep my sugar & energy levels up. Not an easy thing to do when plain old water wouldn't stay down but again I found I could tolerate it more if I added ice cubes & drank it as cold as possible.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Yep you will :) you might also get to see him/ her twist & turn & somersault. I always thought the earlier scans were brilliant because you see so much movement. Have the video function on your phone ready to record, I'm disgusted I didn't think of it :(

thats great, was trying to hold out for my proper scan but thats still another 6weeks away so will be happier after Wednesday, all goin well obviously! is it normal to keep imagining that something is wrong?
    my breasts arent as sore as they were and the tiredness seems to have eased a bit but the nausea kicked in a bit more the last couple days, i'm a bit of a pessimist at the best of times so its probably just that!

sorry for the long post and the moan!

It's totally normal. I was convinced on my 1st that at first scan they'd tell me I got it all wrong, there was no baby there, I was that symptom free :D

Enjoy the fact you're healthy and not feeling constantly sick :)

I think this time round I'm being punished for such an easy 1st. I'm constantly nauseated, headaches and I've never known exhaustion like I've had since 6 weeks. Roll on 2nd trimester! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I am feeling so sick the last week or so, really really nauseous nearly all day (particularly bad in the mornings), it's horrible, and I feel so exhausted all the time. I work four 12 hour shifts a week in my job and I just don't feel able for it anymore. I am so tired and so sick and have no energy, it's really getting me down.

I am thinking strongly of going to my gp and asking her to write me off work for a while but I don't know if they can do that just for pregnancy sickness, and I don't know if I would be entitled to anything financially then. I am just feeling so miserable at the moment, I really just don't feel able anymore :-(

I am feeling so sick the last week or so, really really nauseous nearly all day (particularly bad in the mornings), it's horrible, and I feel so exhausted all the time. I work four 12 hour shifts a week in my job and I just don't feel able for it anymore. I am so tired and so sick and have no energy, it's really getting me down.

I am thinking strongly of going to my gp and asking her to write me off work for a while but I don't know if they can do that just for pregnancy sickness, and I don't know if I would be entitled to anything financially then. I am just feeling so miserable at the moment, I really just don't feel able anymore :-(

Hi Kauto,
    My advice is that if you feel that bad then go to your GP & see can you get a sick cert for a week or two & spend that time resting up at home. 12 hour shifts are tough going without morning sickness & exhaustion so I can't begin to imagine how terrible you feel.
    As regards being entitled to anything Im not sure. I assume you should be able to sign on if you're out sick but I don't know how that works to be honest. I suppose it depends on the contract you have with your employer but really I don't know so maybe one of the other ladies can help you out.
    You might find that three or four days of complete rest will do you the world of good so you may not even need to use the full duration of the cert if you do get one.

• Advertisement

user2012 wrote: »
    Hi Kauto,
    My advice is that if you feel that bad then go to your GP & see can you get a sick cert for a week or two & spend that time resting up at home. 12 hour shifts are tough going without morning sickness & exhaustion so I can't begin to imagine how terrible you feel.
    As regards being entitled to anything Im not sure. I assume you should be able to sign on if you're out sick but I don't know how that works to be honest. I suppose it depends on the contract you have with your employer but really I don't know so maybe one of the other ladies can help you out.
    You might find that three or four days of complete rest will do you the world of good so you may not even need to use the full duration of the cert if you do get one.

Thank you. I will go see my gp on my day off next week and see can she write me off even for a week.

Kauto0709 wrote:

I do 12 hour days/nights too and with the tiredness its very difficult, cant imagine how i'd manage if I was feeling sick all the time too. fair play for keeping goin! as was said maybe a couple days off together would do you the world of good, and hopefully the sickness will ease soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Hi Ladies

Got my date of 30th March from my GP during the week. She reckons I'm 6 weeks in, although I'm pretty sure it's more like 5 weeks. Anyway thought I'd jump in here - you guys all seem a couple of weeks ahead of me so it'll be a fountain of knowledge!

First time for me - have to say am still quite freaked out by the whole idea but slowly getting my head around it. It's still kind of hard to believe because I've no symptoms really, except for getting up every night to pee.

My biggest worry at the moment is how to hide it from friends for the next few weeks - don't want to spill the beans too early in case anything goes wrong, so there will be lots of white lies told between now and September!

Hi Ladies

Got my date of 30th March from my GP during the week. She reckons I'm 6 weeks in, although I'm pretty sure it's more like 5 weeks. Anyway thought I'd jump in here - you guys all seem a couple of weeks ahead of me so it'll be a fountain of knowledge!

First time for me - have to say am still quite freaked out by the whole idea but slowly getting my head around it. It's still kind of hard to believe because I've no symptoms really, except for getting up every night to pee.

My biggest worry at the moment is how to hide it from friends for the next few weeks - don't want to spill the beans too early in case anything goes wrong, so there will be lots of white lies told between now and September!

Welcome! It's first time for me too. I was the same for the first couple of weeks, no symptoms, then they all came at once between 7 and 8 weeks!

It can be tough telling those little white lies, I have found myself having to tell a few lately, but it will be worth it :)

welcome! and congrats! I was the same at start, no symptoms and then as Kauto said once 7/8 weeks hit, bam!! I was in bed last night, woke up starving so had to go and get something to eat in the middle of the night! my partner thought I was crazy!!
    I find i'm eating like a horse, its the only thing that keeps nausea away, although my trousers are gettin a bit too snug already!!

its hard not to say anything to people but I told my mum and sister and his mum, so have some people to confide in, it helps!

Think Im going to have to go maternity clothes shopping at the weekend. Tried on some jeans I had from the last time & they are too big for me. I know I lost a lot of weight but it was kind of an eye opener.
    Bump is sprouting out nicely now & getting harder to conceal everyday. Appetite hasn't been as good this week due to feeling pukey but thankfully Ive managed to keep anything Ive eaten down.
    Every now & then I get paranoid that Im carrying twins because of the size of my bump. Don't think ill fully relax about that one until I get a scan!

I can't decide if my stomach is getting bumpy or just flabby because I've been eating so much lately!

cheese princess that made me laugh! thats exactly the way i've been feeling, one minute I think its bump, next its just me getting fat!!

just back from our early scan! all good, heartbeat goin strong but still just resembles a bean! dated me a day ahead so now 8w 6d!
    oh and just one in there!

Ah that's great - nice to know all is well!

• Advertisement

just back from our early scan! all good, heartbeat goin strong but still just resembles a bean! dated me a day ahead so now 8w 6d!
    oh and just one in there!

Yay! Fantastic news! :)

I've another peace of mind early scan tomorrow. I'm very calm about it for a change :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

Yay! Fantastic news! :)

I've another peace of mind early scan tomorrow. I'm very calm about it for a change :)

I've my first ultrasound in 2 weeks (@ 9wks) & obstetrics appointment a week later in CUMH at 7.50am, does this take long? I'm wondering do I need to take 2 days off work or just ask for half days... I'm very short on days & I don't plan on telling work until I hit 13 weeks or I show. I'm also going public. Its my first so i'm quite clueless on how long these appointments take!

E_M_K wrote: »
    I've my first ultrasound in 2 weeks (@ 9wks) & obstetrics appointment a week later in CUMH at 7.50am, does this take long? I'm wondering do I need to take 2 days off work or just ask for half days... I'm very short on days & I don't plan on telling work until I hit 13 weeks or I show. I'm also going public. Its my first so i'm quite clueless on how long these appointments take!

Appointments at the hospital can take a couple of hours depending on waiting times.

E_M_K wrote: »

I'm not sure about Cork but wait times can be very long for scans and booking appointments. So as you're not under pressure maybe take half days holidays for both your appointments :)

I'm not having first scan till 11th September which is about 11.5 weeks. Is it normal to wait till then? You guys all seem to be having earlier scans.

I'm not having first scan till 11th September which is about 11.5 weeks. Is it normal to wait till then? You guys all seem to be having earlier scans.

Yes around 11-14 weeks is normal for the first hospital appointment and scan. My scan with the Coombe isn't until 12 weeks, I just decided to go private and have one at 7 weeks for reassurance :)

Only reason I'm having early scans is because I miscarried in April.

Don't worry 12 weeks is perfectly normal for first scan :)

Scan today went great, all still looking good so far! Have another in 2 weeks time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

Yes around 11-14 weeks is normal for the first hospital appointment and scan. My scan with the Coombe isn't until 12 weeks, I just decided to go private and have one at 7 weeks for reassurance :)

I'll be 9.5 weeks by online calculations & 11.5 based on the GP date so I'll know more after the scan. I feel like the online one was more accurate as i've a long cycle, i'm sure the CUMH visit will sort it out anyway.

• Advertisement

my first scan is the 11th September too and thats when my first appointment with midwives is too, i'l be nearly 14 weeks! thats why I booked a private scan, couldn't wait that long!!

Advertisement