Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Gonna go to Dealz in a few days, hoping there's a good collection of Dog Togs/Treats as there usually is.

There sure is..they're called Fray Bentos pies :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

It's not so much my opinion as it is common fact. People who refuse to pay for their entertainment are scum. I bet if someone came into your work and expected you to do it for free you'd be annoyed.

Pen.Island wrote: »
    So it's just entertainment stealers that are scum? :rolleyes:

Browsing boards while working makes you a scumbag if everyone followed your ethos!

I think you're reading into what I said. You would hardly work for free so why should all your entertainment be free. People who steal content are scum as are people who shoplift and a dozen other things.
    Aodhagan wrote: »
    Overprice things and people won't pay.

Back to Dealz, I do love the 10 mini rolls for €1,49. Go through a lot of them :D

Most entertainment isn't overpriced. You can get a new DVD for under 10 euro these days. A new Blu for 13 or so, a Cd for 12, etc, etc. Entertainment is cheap but people are too cheap to even pay a few euro for something as they can get it for free

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

I think you're reading into what I said. You would hardly work for free so why should all your entertainment be free. People who steal content are scum as are people who shoplift and a dozen other things.

Most entertainment isn't overpriced. You can get a new DVD for under 10 euro these days. A new Blu for 13 or so, a Cd for 12, etc, etc. Entertainment is cheap but people are too cheap to even pay a few euro for something as they can get it for free

Do you ever go on boards during work?

Do you ever go on boards during work?

What the hell are you on about? No one said that going on boards while at work made you scum. What I said was that if someone came into your work and expected you to do something for them for free you'd be annoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You've made your point. Now personally I think all off-topic posters on boards are nothing but scumbags.

What the hell are you on about? No one said that going on boards while at work made you scum. What I said was that if someone came into your work and expected you to do something for them for free you'd be annoyed.

HA.

You think people who pirate are scumbags but yet stealing from your employer is grand? :rolleyes:

Going on boards while on work is stealing from your employer!

HA.

You think people who pirate are scumbags but yet stealing from your employer is grand? :rolleyes:

Going on boards while on work is stealing from your employer!

Going on boards while at work may make you lazy or in many cases you're bored and need something to do. I don't use boards if I'm working but many people do and being honest, a few minutes spent on boards is nowhere near comparable to you downloading a film illegally. To even try and make the comparison is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭crayon80

On top of that I had a €3 off voucher and they gave me another one after I paid for the next time.

Tell us more please?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

You pay for your entertainment and the people who make it are rolling around in millions. Where's the mortality there?
    I think the Oreos are a great price in dealz

• Advertisement

crayon80 wrote: »
    Tell us more please?

Spend over 10 euro or so and you get a 3 euro voucher off your next shop that's above 18 euro.

Going on boards while at work may make you lazy or in many cases you're bored and need something to do. I don't use boards if I'm working but many people do and being honest, a few minutes spent on boards is nowhere near comparable to you downloading a film illegally. To even try and make the comparison is ridiculous.

Yes it is!!!

20 euro an hour for someone with a few years experience. 12 mins a day = 1 hour a week = 80 euro a month you steal from your employer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Thats a mighty high horse you are on:rolleyes:. Don't hurt yourself getting off or you'll never make it to Dealz:D.

dinnybyrne wrote: »
    You pay for your entertainment and the people who make it are rolling around in millions. Where's the mortality there?

Just because there are a few extremely successful artists out there does not mean that they all are. The majority of writers, musicians, film makers aren't all that well off and as such saying that stealing doesn't affect people as everyone is rich is nonsense. I know a number of authors, some quite prolific who will sell 100,000 copies of their book and still struggle to put food on the table. Just because people like Brad Pitt and Stephen King have millions to their name does not mean that everyone does. The fact that people were suggesting pirating a film rather than pay 1.49 for it in Dealz says a lot. even when it's cheaper than a cup of coffee they still complain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

fussyonion wrote: »
    There sure is..they're called Fray Bentos pies :D:D

Ah now......those pies are scrummy. Could live on them but would prob be dead within the week if I did lol

Yes it is!!!

20 euro an hour for someone with a few years experience. 12 mins a day = 1 hour a week = 80 euro a month you steal from your employer
    Thats a mighty high horse you are on:rolleyes:. Don't hurt yourself getting off or you'll never make it to Dealz:D.

Yawn. Lads if you want to try and justify your stealing then that's fine but it doesn't make it right. If you are happy to sit at work and browse the web all day then more power to you. I'm sure that you can easily justify both deeds in your own little mind.

Anyone who thinks that Dealz DVDs are too expensive and encourage people to get them for free is scum, simple as. I bet if you produced a product or service and people stole it you'd be the first to complain and cray about the injustice of it all

Yawn. Lads if you want to try and justify your stealing then that's fine but it doesn't make it right. If you are happy to sit at work and browse the web all day then more power to you. I'm sure that you can easily justify both deeds in your own little mind.

Anyone who thinks that Dealz DVDs are too expensive and encourage people to get them for free is scum, simple as. I bet if you produced a product or service and people stole it you'd be the first to complain and cray about the injustice of it all

Sorry can't talk, playing my football manager ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

If you all love Dealz so muchthen you'll explode with joy if Home Bargains ever open in the Republic.

Cant see where you get that one from? Just had a look at their site and their prices and TBH there are better bargains in Dealz and elsewhere when you take into account the sterling price...i.e.-David Beckham after shave £9.99 but only 10euro in Dealz...

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

muincav wrote: »
    Cant see where you get that one from? Just had a look at their site and their prices and TBH there are better bargains in Dealz and elsewhere when you take into account the sterling price...i.e.-David Beckham after shave £9.99 but only 10euro in Dealz...

Their in store prices on day to day essentials is about 2/3rd that of pound lands

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 Burrow_Ursidae

Often pop into Dealz for a sambo or a wrap - 1.49.

They're exactly the same as the ones they used sell while i was in UCC for about 3.99

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Their in store prices on day to day essentials is about 2/3rd that of pound lands

Had another look and have to agree that some things are better value especially the "bulk" items, and then you have more variety with more expensive and larger goods that Dealz dont stock, so You have a point,(a good point...lol) and I personally would like to see a few of these stores here,,,,,they kinda remind me of Instore..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Same with some of the electrical stuff, like the HDMI leads, compared to the one's in other electrical shops for €6.99 - €9.99 :eek:

But other stuff you'll find cheaper elsewhere, but thats only a few stuff thrown in, all in all a great shop as you never know what you're gonna get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Home bargains is indeed a great shop, no ridged price structure there though. Had some great bottled beer deals from time to time. Better for non food, could pick up some very cheap, decent toys as well. Preferred it to poundland myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Chucken wrote: »
    Comparing them to Aldi or Lidl is not comparing like with like.

Thanks for pointing out the part I've bolded :rolleyes:, as most normal people are on a tight budget.
    Your post comes across as very snobbish tbh.
    Shopping in Aldi/Lidl, snobbish?
    Remember the days when the snobs used to shop in Brown Thomas?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Darthvadar

Bought Pedigree Dog Christmas Stockings in Dealz, Tallaght... €5.99 in Tesco, €3 in Dealz...

Hound, and his pals will be happy...

Darth...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Spend over 10 euro or so and you get a 3 euro voucher off your next shop that's above 18 euro.
    Is that across all stores? Did that particular store just open and are having a promotion?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Guys,

How is there nearly two pages of talk about the morality of downloading on a Dealz thread?? No more please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

snubbleste wrote: »
    Is that across all stores? Did that particular store just open and are having a promotion?

I spent over €10 in Athlone yesterday and I didnt get a voucher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭RayCon

I spent over €10 in Athlone yesterday and I didnt get a voucher

I think the sign in the Blanchardstown branch said "Spend over €15 , get €3 voucher off your next €18 spend"

Advertisement