Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alanstrainor bought a 325CI!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Wear well indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

Congrats dude! Keep the updates coming, this thread has been a good read for ages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

There's a couple of things that I want to do to it already.

Going to change the indicator lenses, as they're a bit yellow looking. And the centre caps on the alloys could do with replacing.

Don't worry, there's a list 3 miles long between what conzy and myself have planned too, you won't be stuck for things to do when those are done :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Don't worry, there's a list 3 miles long between what conzy and myself have planned too, you won't be stuck for things to do when those are done :D

I like the way you think:pac:

Had considered doing a muffler delete, but when driving it now it almost seems like a sin to take away the silence when cruising. There's still a nice auld noise out of her when you put the boot down!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Easiest thing to do first is the vacuum operated butterfly valve in the exhaust, remove the vacuum pipe and plug it with a golf tee (also known as golf tee mod) and you should have more rasp low down, if you don't like it, easy fix! :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Well done on the procurement! :D

The poor polo :( :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Yeah I love the exhaust 99% of the time but sometimes I wish I had the stock exhaust.. like heading to Dublin at 5:55 on a monday morning I'd say the neighbours love the rasp rattling the windows :O

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

conzymaher wrote: »
    Yeah I love the exhaust 99% of the time but sometimes I wish I had the stock exhaust.. like heading to Dublin at 5:55 on a monday morning I'd say the neighbours love the rasp rattling the windows :O

Sure I'm so chuffed with the car as is, I think i'll leave it be for the minute. If I need more noise I know how to get it.

Tbh, the car is pretty intimidating, definitely going to take it handy for the first while. Haven't properly driven a manual in a long time, and this is my first rear wheel drive car. And that acceleration...:D, I know it's no M3, but come on, 2 years in a Polo...it doesn't take much to put a smile on my face!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Sure I'm so chuffed with the car as is, I think i'll leave it be for the minute. If I need more noise I know how to get it.

Tbh, the car is pretty intimidating, definitely going to take it handy for the first while. Haven't properly driven a manual in a long time, and this is my first rear wheel drive car. And that acceleration...:D, I know it's no M3, but come on, 2 years in a Polo...it doesn't take much to put a smile on my face!

I know the feeling, I had 2 years in a Punto, yet my 1.9 gives me an equally satisfying smile. Half the smile is getting a well minded 11 year car for small money though, which is what your months of searching have resulted in.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

2750, fresh NCT, and mechanic couldn't believe how tight it was.

Better car, better looking car, better driving car, faster car than about 99% of all cars on the road in this country today. For less than 3 grand. Unbelievable stuff.

Well wear :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Congrats, dude.
    You took long enough to choose but it looks great from the pics.

And I agree, videos are a must. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,834 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

putting angel eyes on these makes them look so much more slick and aggressive!

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=e46+angel+eyes&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=667&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=3aKpT7iVJbHT4QTi852FCQ

window tint would also look good, bout E160. German reg plates look good and are about E30 for front and rear. You going to leave that spoiler on or replace it?

Thanks everyone, in the end I'm glad I went through the phases I did, it's only after trying various cars that I came to the conclusion that a BMW was the way to go, and then after viewing a number of them, I hope I've found a good one!

Angel eyes are a must I think, don't know if I'll be able to do it DIY, not sure about the wiring at least.

I'm going to leave the spoiler for the minute, think I quite like it actually, and replacing would involve getting a new boot lid by the looks of it!

I'll prob get some german style plates too perhaps.

Hang on, hang on...tax first...yes must TAX it before buying add-ons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Good man, fair play, and don't worry about the 25 mpg, it's all part of the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You took your time unlike me, I wanted the MPS for years though and since there was only 3 for sale at the time, it was easy for me to decide!

1st mod - E46 M3 engine :D Don't bother with the running gear for the moment!

Op id recommend Bloomfield motors for angel eyes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-SERIES-E46-REFLECTOR-CCFL-ANGEL-EYE-KIT-6000K-NON-PROJECTOR-TYPE-/300601444918?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45fd3e0a36#ht_3635wt_1195

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A6003&rt=nc&_nkw=e46+angel+eyes&

have had richie in bloomfield fit angel eyes for myself and bro, trying to fit them with the 6 cylinder is a major pain, think I paid E80, but you save a ton of effort and time and have peace of mind...

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Op id recommend Bloomfield motors for angel eyes.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-SERIES-E46-REFLECTOR-CCFL-ANGEL-EYE-KIT-6000K-NON-PROJECTOR-TYPE-/300601444918?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45fd3e0a36#ht_3635wt_1195

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A6003&rt=nc&_nkw=e46+angel+eyes&

have had richie in bloomfield fit angel eyes for myself and bro, trying to fit them with the 6 cylinder is a major pain, think I paid E80, but you save a ton of effort and time and have peace of mind...

I take it that was 80 labour? And you supplied the parts?

yeah exactly... that was labour only, but you can see how cheap they are on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Are you going to do HID's too?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I fitted the angel eyes myself bought them off an ebay seller in dublin, nice chap.

Took about 2-3 hours id say, you can get a small loom to wire them to the ECU "accessory" terminal which makes them come on when you unlock the car etc, a nice touch but I just wired them to the parking lights. Its not a difficult job at all, just a bit awkward. If you have a shed and a few hours to kill I would do it yourself and spend the 80 euro on a month's tax :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Daniel S wrote: »
    Looks like whoever had it took good care of it! :)

If the seller has an account on bmw-driver then you can be guaranteed of a decent car ;) (95% of the time in any case..)

I take it that was 80 labour? And you supplied the parts?

If you want to be a true BMW owner, then start learning about and doing these small jobs yourself ;)

Trust me, you'll have a much better relationship with your car in the end :D (and a feeling of satisfaction that you have more money in your pocket)

I think I'll have to wait for a sunny summer day and then get cracking on it! Don't have a garage to work on cars!

Replacing the gaiters on the gear stick/handbrake too, have some ordered already. its just the little things im looking at doing at the minute.

I think I'll have to wait for a sunny summer day and then get cracking on it! Don't have a garage to work on cars!

Replacing the gaiters on the gear stick/handbrake too, have some ordered already. its just the little things im looking at doing at the minute.

The gaitor around the gear knob comes up after squeezing on the right and left sides together. The gaitor from the handbrake comes up after pushing it forward from behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You'll be waiting until next March in that case. We've had our summer already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/damagedcars/3341978

Bit of fillers and a bumper, could of saved you a few bob :pac::p

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/damagedcars/3341978

Bit of fillers and a bumper, could of saved you a few bob :pac::p

Wish I could ban you!

Posting any more cars in this thread is now forbidden! Just 'cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Six years in a Peugeot 206 1.1L ;) I took my first test drive in a 325i on Tuesday crossing the city to go home (the dealer lives out past my house) - I nearly shat myself. Decided I'd "see what it could do" by starting off rolling at 25mph in 3rd gear :o

I'll get the hang of it, and maybe my own thread :P I've not bought any car but I'm already looking at this and that, CSL boot lids, suspensions and all sorts of crazy sh*t :D

Six years in a Peugeot 206 1.1L ;) I took my first test drive in a 325i on Tuesday crossing the city to go home (the dealer lives out past my house) - I nearly shat myself. Decided I'd "see what it could do" by starting off rolling at 25mph in 3rd gear :o

I'll get the hang of it, and maybe my own thread :P I've not bought any car but I'm already looking at this and that, CSL boot lids, suspensions and all sorts of crazy sh*t :D

Seriously man, it's ridiculous. Even the way the car will quite happily cruise in 5th gear at 30mph is incredible. And the way it pulls in 3rd from about 2500rpm is amazing. Not quite as amazing as doing a blast in first on a clear straight road though:D

I've already had pretty much everyone that's seen me in the car give me the "Are you mad" speech! I don't even try and reason with them, I just respond with "Clearly yes!" :D:D

You only live once, if you had asked me 2 years ago what i'd be driving now I would have probably said something like a nippy 1.4 petrol.

Remind me to look back on all these positive comments when something big goes bang!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Don't worry dude, you'll get tons of conservative opinion and oil price observers asking you in a high pitched tone....'A bmw???' BUt i like you attitude. Best of luck with it. Looks really well.

Advertisement