Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Go Forward in Reverse

1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Tonight

4 miles recovery run home from work. 10.13 pace. Dodged the rain nicely.

Followed by Myrtle and some strength exercises

Yesterday

30 min swim. Myrtle.

Tonight.

Mile warm up.

8x 400 with 1 min recovery.

1.34. 1.35. 1.33 1.40 1.40 1.37 1.34 1.41

Started too fast really. 400 cool down. Dreading this but glad i did it.

Friday training

Beer

Yesterday :

5.1 miles @ 9.10 pace.

Ran this with a friend which i never do. Always run alone. It was really enjoyable chatting away as we ran along. Must try do it more often. Pace felt handy. Lovely crisp sunny morning.

Today:

6 miles @ 8.35

Pheeew i was blowing for this. Was really mild and i was over dressed and it was a struggle. Few niggly bits in legs. Did some foam rolling and myrtle after.

Bit of a catch up...

Monday 1/02 - Physio exercises and Myrtle.

Tuesday 2/02 - 4 miles @ 9.23 pace

Wed 03/02 - 3 miles @ 7.06 pace

Sunday 07/02 9 miles @ 9.09 pace

Monday 08/02 40 min swim

Tues 09/02 6 miles @ 8.45 pace

Wednesday

1 mile warm up

8 * 400

1.38, 1.37, 1.39, 1.38, 1.37, 1.35, 1.41, 1.40

1 mile cool down

Saturday - 5 miles @ 9.01 pace

Today - 5 miles @ 8.35 pace

Great to get the 9 mile in there. Finally starting to get back to longer runs. Typically i ran it way too fast though. Something to work on.

The 3 miles i did @ 7.06 pace is pretty much PB territory really so im delighted with that. Would prefer to be running a bit more but over all im moving in the right direction so I'm not going to stress about it. Lost a bit of weight too.

Yesterday:

1 hour of physio exercises, myrtle, foam rolling etc.

Today

7 miles @ 9.04 pace.

Ran with backpack straight from work. nice random route. Felt good.

• Advertisement

This morning

10 miles @ 8.54 pace.

Bit hungover but rambled down to meet friend and on up to phoenix park. Nice to get a run in up there although i got soaked

Felt good and again nice to run with someone for a change

23/02

2.35 miles @ 9.23.

25/02
    3.65 miles @ 8.35

26/02
    3 miles @ 8.35 pace

27/02
    5 miles @ 9.14 pace

01/03
    4.23 miles @ 9.47 pace

Saturday 5/03

10k @ Runamuck down in Kildare. Great laugh. No idea of time. Mostly jogging but still a decent work out in its own way!!¬

7/03
    6.5 miles @ 9.15 pace.

Tonight:

4 miles. (Idea was a warm up about 8 min mile, two miles at 45 min ten k pace and then a warm down at 8 min pace also. Tough work!!

Splits as follows:
    7.52, 7.08, 7.14, 8.02

Been pretty bad updating this of late. I find its good for accountability in general so ill try to get back into the habit. Not much structured training going on.

Thinking of giving sub 45 a crack in the Great Ireland Run. Thats the reaosning behind the 2 miles at 7.15ish pace tonight. It would be a strecth to say the least but its good to have a goal!!

Mad busy in work these days so the running has been keeping me sane as much as anything else!!

Weight has come down too and ive been doing stretching and foam rolling as much as possible. Every little helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

LaHaine wrote: »
    Tonight:

4 miles. (Idea was a warm up about 8 min mile, two miles at 45 min ten k pace and then a warm down at 8 min pace also. Tough work!!

Splits as follows:
    7.52, 7.08, 7.14, 8.02

Thinking of giving sub 45 a crack in the Great Ireland Run. Thats the reaosning behind the 2 miles at 7.15ish pace tonight. It would be a strecth to say the least but its good to have a goal!!

Nice session and watching this with interest. Hope to go 44:59 myself at the K Club 10 km in April.

Wed 09/03

4.1 miles @ 9.25 pace

Sat 20 miles on bike

Nice to get out on the bike for the first time in aaages. Quick spin out to Howth and back in the sun. Nursing a hangover!!

Sunday 3 miles @ 8.45

Another hangover. Ughhhh

Today

1 mile warm up @ 8.48

8x400 with 1 min recovery

1.35, 1.36, 1.32, 1.34, 1.32, 1.38, 1.29

1 mile cool down @ 9.17 pace

This was good but tough as i had a strong head wind and tail wind. So some were too fast probably and others too slow. Good hard session though which can only be a good thing!!

Tonight

Recovery 5.19 miles @ 9.43 pace.

Pottered around the city centre people watching as much as anything else. Soundtrack provided by "god is an astronaut" Great running music to let the mind wander.

• Advertisement

Today:

7.63 miles @ 9.09 pace.

Ran out to Nutley Lane and ran up and down it three times as part of the run. As im in Dublin city centre most of my runs are flat as a pancake. With that in mind i tried this tonight.

Nice run. Felt good.

This morning

Recovery is the name of the game. Sore legs yesterday.

3 miles @ 9.06.

Managed to give completely wrong directions to some poor fella looking for a football pitch. Oops!!

Today

5 miles @ 7.24 pace. 37.01

Plan was to do 5 around 8 min miles but when i did first in 7.30 i decided to try hang on. Thats pretty much flat out for me over 5 miles. Must check to see how it compares to pb.

Felt good to push into discomfort zone and try to hang on. Finished pretty strong.

Tonight

3.5 miles recovery. 9.28 pace.

First run in new runners. Brooks Ghost 8. Feel good so far anyway!

Good bit of stretching and some kettlebell swings, squats etc after. Get those glutes firing.

Wednesday

3 miles easy @ 8.45 pace.

Today:

11 miles @ 9.10 pace.

Tough run. Met buddy and went up to phoenix park. After 6 miles including the S bends etc we stopped and did hill sprints. 6 with walk recovery on steep hill.

Turned off watch for the sprints. Then run home. Proper fcuked after it. Good times.

Today:

6 miles @ 8.40 pace.

Was in Lahinch for the weekend so no running there. Although i got a couple of hours surfing in on Saturday. Weather too wild yesterday unfortunately.

Tonight :

5 miles easy enough @ 9 min mile pace.

Plan is to increase to 25 miles as a minimum per week from now on. See how the body copes.

Foam rolling and some stretching /strength exercises after run.

Wednesday 30th

3 miles @ 7.18 pace. Puffing n panting.

Today:

11.8 miles @ 9.12 pace.

Up to the phoenix park for a long run and some hills. Felt good after i got into a rhythm. First few miles were a struggle but got there in the end.

Tues 3.5 miles 9 min mile pace

Wed 3.5 miles 8.53 pace

Today 6.5 miles 8.46 pace

Been struggling all week with swollen gland. Lacking in energy etc so two runs midweek were just getting some miles in. Today was a bit better feel wise but still not feeling great.

At physio mid week. Lot of good stretches learned. Hitting the tight spots well so will try keep that going consistently.

Sunday

20 miles cycling out to howth in a hurricane on bike!

Mon 10th

5.72 miles @ 8.53 pace. A monsoon!!

Lovely getting out in the rain on a quiet evening for once down on sandymount strand

Tues 11th

30 minute swim.

Today 8 miles @ 9.09 pace.

Very hilly route up to phoenix park. Heavy enough bag so tough run. Enjoyed it though.

Keeping up the stretching. Feeling a lot better after dodgy throat last week.

• Advertisement

3.54.34. Good things come to those who wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

excellent! Delighted to see it came together for you!

Ososlo wrote: »
    excellent! Delighted to see it came together for you!

About time😊

Been keeping an eye on your log. Incredible stuff. Very inspiring

Advertisement