Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Price of fuel in Co.Wexford..Where's the cheapest/dearest fuel?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

marlie2005 wrote: »
    Yeap still 179.9 , dunbars haven't sold petrol for a while now but even then it was only a cent or two over market value..
    Is this the most expensive fuel in Ireland ??

There's a petrol station on the old airport road in Dublin which, for years was considered to have the most expensive petrol in the country, I passed it the other day and, you guessed it, petrol was 179.9. A lot of places are catching up though, 172.9 in Kilmacanogue. It makes me laugh when I hear the apologists cite Euro/Dollar exchange rates as a reason for increasing fuel prices, the Euro has appreciated by about 5% against the dollar recently, production in the Gulf of Mexico has restarted, Chinese growth has slowed but the price of petrol still goes up. The real reasons are greedy, over powerful oil companies and short sighted politicians who probably don't pay for their petrol anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

bmaxi wrote: »
    There's a petrol station on the old airport road in Dublin which, for years was considered to have the most expensive petrol in the country, I passed it the other day and, you guessed it, petrol was 179.9. A lot of places are catching up though, 172.9 in Kilmacanogue. It makes me laugh when I hear the apologists cite Euro/Dollar exchange rates as a reason for increasing fuel prices, the Euro has appreciated by about 5% against the dollar recently, production in the Gulf of Mexico has restarted, Chinese growth has slowed but the price of petrol still goes up. The real reasons are greedy, over powerful oil companies and short sighted politicians who probably don't pay for their petrol anyway.

It's gotten to the stage that an investigation has been launched in the UK over fuel prices,fuel there has always been expensive as they have a different road tax system which is built into the price of fuel unlike here where we get stung twice with taxes.No investigation here:rolleyes:

€171.9 for petrol @ Topaz near the Quay New Ross.

€168.9 @ Maxol Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 trevr

The two Gala petrol stations in New Ross are celebrating their rebranding tomorrow and giving 5c off per litre on petrol and diesel for the day according to the flyer I saw.... rare bit of value when it comes to fuel !!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The two Gala petrol stations in New Ross are celebrating their rebranding

Well congratulations to them... and what about the consumer eh?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Well congratulations to them... and what about the consumer eh?

Sorry, you've lost me there......they gave 5c off per litre, had a free bbq and numerous other promotions and giveaways on the day..... is that what you meant ?

• Advertisement

trevr wrote: »
    Sorry, you've lost me there......they gave 5c off per litre, had a free bbq and numerous other promotions and giveaways on the day..... is that what you meant ?

5c off per litre for the day. Its probably gone back up by 7c per litre !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Starting to fall slightly in Enniscorthy, 157.9, 167.9, Diesel and petrol on Island road. 155.9 for Diesel at Newline on old Dublin road.

jca wrote: »
    Starting to fall slightly in Enniscorthy, 157.9, 167.9, Diesel and petrol on Island road. 155.9 for Diesel at Newline on old Dublin road.

Noticed that,saw petrol @ 164.9 in Carlow the other day so we've a bit of catching up to do regarding price fall.

Applegreen in Wexford is apparentely 166.8 petrol

zerks wrote: »
    Noticed that,saw petrol @ 164.9 in Carlow the other day so we've a bit of catching up to do regarding price fall.

164.9 in Great Gas, Gorey, 165.8 in Discount Fuels, Gorey.

• Advertisement

167.9 @ Maxol Enniscorthy,they put it up to 169.9 the other day then dropped it to 167.9 this morning.....is this a ploy to dupe people into thinking they are getting a good deal on the price?

167.9 @ Maxol Enniscorthy,they put it up to 169.9 the other day then dropped it to 167.9 this morning.....is this a ploy to dupe people into thinking they are getting a good deal on the price?
    I doubt it...

Mr Oil is €480.00 for 500 litres of Kerosene :eek:

They the cheapest about ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

WFC were the same as Mr. No Oil (bad episode with them) the last time I checked. Couldn't find cheaper.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    WFC were the same as Mr. No Oil (bad episode with them) the last time I checked. Couldn't find cheaper.

Having tried most of them I reckon you can't beat WFC.
    Prompt, efficient and fair, if your delivery falls a bit short of your order they won't penalise you like some will.

163.9 Petrol & 153.9 Diesel in Econ Fuels Bunclody.

Bolgers Ballycogley have 25 bales briquettes for €90, free delivery within 5 miles.

Their Staffords Premium Coal in the Silver bag is €16.17 for 40 kgs

bmaxi wrote: »
    jpb1974 wrote: »

Having tried most of them I reckon you can't beat WFC.
    Prompt, efficient and fair, if your delivery falls a bit short of your order they won't penalise you like some will.
    €930 for 1000 litres with WFC I must agree they provide a top class service I don't use anyone else tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

The euro has gone from buying about $1.21 in August to $1.31 today and oil has fallen in price on international markets. I don't see any evidence of price reductions at the forecourts !! Drove around the ring road and in by LIDL in New Ross yesterday and all garages seem to be charging the same price at 167.9p/l unleaded !! No way is there price fixing going on. :rolleyes:

476€ for 500 litres from Top Oil, 485€ from Mr.Oil and WFC

• Advertisement

Squiggle wrote: »
    The euro has gone from buying about $1.21 in August to $1.31 today and oil has fallen in price on international markets. I don't see any evidence of price reductions at the forecourts !! Drove around the ring road and in by LIDL in New Ross yesterday and all garages seem to be charging the same price at 167.9p/l unleaded !! No way is there price fixing going on. :rolleyes:

Unleaded to get nice decrease in the coming day or two (approx 4c), modest decreases on diesel.

vicwatson wrote: »
    476€ for 500 litres from Top Oil, 485€ from Mr.Oil and WFC

Newline oil are offering a free 40kg bag of smokeless coal with every heating oil order over €500.

Price of petrol in Enniscorthy has stayed static & averages 167.9c a litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Diamond_Ninja

I saw somewhere in Wexford with petrol for 164.9, could possibly be the garage on the left between the hospital and the Maldron, heading for the Maldron.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Squiggle wrote: »

Tesco New Ross is 169.9 tonight and the garage 200 yards away ( Campus ) is only 167.9 ( unleaded )

Tesco New Ross is 169.9 tonight and the garage 200 yards away ( Campus ) is only 167.9 ( unleaded )

Campus & Topaz now down to 162.9 for unleaded ,Tesco still @ 169.9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Usually get our Kerosene from Mr. Oil and rang them today for a price. Quote was €485 for 500 litres. They asked when it would be suitable to deliver and I told them I had €475 (genuine) from Campus. They immediately offered to match and being delivered tomorrow

Campus & Topaz now down to 162.9 for unleaded ,Tesco still @ 169.9

It kind of makes a mockery of your 'price fixing' and 'pricing being static' statements ! Those prices at Topaz and Campus would seem genuine based on the two price decreases in unleaded to the forecourts this week....approx 6c.

Should've stated in my post that it was New Ross I was talking about,not Enniscorthy where prices are 167.9 at stations around the town.Btw,theres no Tesco in Enniscorthy.

Top fuels on the island road in enniscorthy 157.9 for both petrol and diesel... Bad diesel price but very good for petrol. I thought it was a mistake on the sign but I checked and its correct. P

• Advertisement

158.4 @ Applegreen,Ferns & 158.9 in Cartons & Lamberts garages in Camolin.

163.9 in Discount Fuels beside Tesco in Gorey & same price in Maxol,Enniscorthy.

For those wanting home heating oil,Newline Oil are offering a free 20kg bag of smokeless coal with every order of €200 or more.Saw a big poster stuck on a van advertising it.

Advertisement