Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Protection for broken hand,

Options
  • 07-10-2009 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭

howdy folks
    I broke my 3rd metacarpel in my hand playing soccer,
    The cast came off on Monday so i was wondering if anyone knows of any kind of sports glove or protective glove i could get so i could start to train and lower the risk of taking a big bang on the hand,
    Thanks for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Skaters wear hand protectors (or at least you can buy them from a skate kit shop). We have some around somewhere. If I think of it, and can find them, you're welcome to them.

edit: Here you go actually:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001801/partNumber/0106966.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

cheers mate,
    ill have a look,

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

You dont need a glove...if you get a belt it'll be a little sore but in a few weeks you wont even notice getting a belt with it...I've played hurling with a broken metacarpel and after a few weeks you dont even notice it anymore..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

watch those hand/wrist protectors... you can brake other parts of your lower arm from them and that can hurt a lot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

dont think i'll risk training without one, the doctor told me that my bone was shattered so there is more than one break line and if i get a good bang on it in the net 3 weeks itll crack like an egg,
    he had to take the cast of so my other fingers could start moving again,
    Im not doing any tranihng with the ball just doing cardio but still looking for a bit of protection for own pice of mind,

• Advertisement
Advertisement