Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Nappy wrote: »
    How does one acquire a infamous boards jersey?

Great. Thanks. will get a set for myself and the son. cheers for that. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

6.45pm or so on the coast road between Malahide and Portmarnock. I could make out the new kit but couldn't quite see who it was. I was in matching gear and waves were exchanged.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,947 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

6.45pm or so on the coast road between Malahide and Portmarnock. I could make out the new kit but couldn't quite see who it was. I was in matching gear and waves were exchanged.
    It was myself! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

7.55pm yesterday stopped at the lights at the end of Dame Street before turning onto Westmoreland Street, shouted "Boardsie" but you either didn't hear me or just plain ignored me! I don't blame you if it was the latter, I to would ignore a tattooed weirdo with big holes in his ears shouting at me on the street :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24,947 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Holyboy wrote: »
    7.55pm yesterday stopped at the lights at the end of Dame Street before turning onto Westmoreland Street, shouted "Boardsie" but you either didn't hear me or just plain ignored me! I don't blame you if it was the latter, I to would ignore a tattooed weirdo with big holes in his ears shouting at me on the street :p
    LOL :D - I didn't hear your shout but I did indeed see a tatooed chap with big holes in his ears on the footpath as I approached the lights. You certainly make an impression! Apologies for missing your call.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

About 6:15 this evening under the bridge in Dundrum. I was going to beep but thought that'd be weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

NeedMoreGears this evening just coming off the coast cycle path. Beeped the horn in passing (purple Scenic)...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

About 6:15 this evening under the bridge in Dundrum. I was going to beep but thought that'd be weird.

Might have been me. Beep away :-)

daragh_ wrote: »
    Might have been me. Beep away :-)

Won't be in the car next time. I'll wear mine in future and we can embrace in the middle of the road with a secret handshake. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

cdaly_ wrote: »
    NeedMoreGears this evening just coming off the coast cycle path. Beeped the horn in passing (purple Scenic)...

Hope I didn't respond in sign language!

• Advertisement

Think I saw the same person twice today. Long sleeve(?) old jersey this morning Templeville Road about 8:15...again on my way home Walkinstown Ave about 6:15.

I only see you guys when I'm in the car, it's like a sign I shouldn't be in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Saw one today atop the Wicklow Gap watching the Ras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

A hirsute young fellow on the way up Dromgoff towards Glenmalure around 1.45 yesterday. I was running by and gave a hello.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

ThisRegard wrote: »
    A hirsute young fellow on the way up Dromgoff towards Glenmalure around 1.45 yesterday. I was running by and gave a hello.

Myself most likely. You were one of those madmen running the Wicklow way relay I'm guessing. I stopped for a snack at the top and cheered a few lads on, helluva road to run up, and some big smiles from those cresting the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

1 in a group of 4 or 5 heading through the Scalp back towards Dublin at around 4:30pm. Mrs Jazzy wouldn't shout out a "Boardsie", so I did my best from the driver side of the car as we passed! :pac: It probably came out sounding like muffled abuse. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

smacl wrote: »
    Myself most likely. You were one of those madmen running the Wicklow way relay I'm guessing. I stopped for a snack at the top and cheered a few lads on, helluva road to run up, and some big smiles from those cresting the top.

Yip, I was one of those runners. I'd say the smiles you were seeing were ones of relief having got to the to top and having a bit of downhill to enjoy for a while until the next climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

New jersey 6pm flying west on Nutgrove avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

New jersey passed us out on Rathfarnham Rd heading south after 6 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

New jersey on Stephen's Green both this morning and yesterday morning at about 8am. Not sure if it was the same person both days, but yesterday was just after I'd come onto the Green off Kildare Street, and this morning was on a black Focus (I think) up near the Leeson Street corner heading north.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

Think I spotted a new jersey on Skerries Road in Rush about 7:40.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Scuba_Scoper

Hmmzis wrote: »
    New jersey 6pm flying west on Nutgrove avenue.

Probably me, always love Nutgrove Ave for a stretch of the legs.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

This morning c. 8am. Boards shorts in Phoenix Park heading up Chesterfield Ave in a northerly direction.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seen one climbing up Goatstown Rd. at about 8pm, a bus just overtook me so i couldn't shout from the far side, you had lots of stuff in your rear pockets and were steaming away.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭lazycyclist

This morning, going past UCD, also with Orwell shorts at a fair pace

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

This morning, going past UCD, also with Orwell shorts at a fair pace

That would have been me

I go so slow, I'm too ashamed to wear my orwell shorts!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Its sad that the shorts have only come out this week and even then it was a push to wear them. Its been cold in the mornings this week but thankfully bright

Were you on the cycle track? There was a good few people out this morning but I dont actually remember seeing any one!

I was, on a moutain bike ina hi vis jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

This morning, along the Dublin north quays, full kit (version 3) on a Fuji with red bar tape, red wristband, hairy legs. :pac:

Nice bike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Spotted a Short sleeved black and pink top. Flying up lesson street towards Stephens green about 3mins ago

Advertisement