Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dealz

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's actually e3 off e15 spend into end August.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

used my voucher today thanks for posting. got a voucher for 15% off in Shoezone because I spent over €8.

2x1l UHT milk for €1.49 or 75c/l
    Tesco/Lidl equivalent is 85c/l

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

snubbleste wrote: »
    2x1l UHT milk for €1.49 or 75c/l
    Tesco/Lidl equivalent is 85c/l

My local Dealz is selling their ice-cream lollies at half price. I assume they are getting rid of the freezer or there is less demand in winter.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Love the four 250ml bottles of Pepsi for 1.49.

Perfect size

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Bought hardback version of "the quarry" by iain banks for £1 in poundIand last week, worth looking in dealz to see if they've stock, 27.50 here

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭eoin1539

I bought 2 HDMI cables there and a hoover for my keyboard. Great shop for bits and bobs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

eoin1539 wrote: »
    I bought 2 HDMI cables there and a hoover for my keyboard. Great shop for bits and bobs :)

My hdmi cable went tots up this evening. What length are they?

2 meters. I've had mine for nearly a year now and they're still working perfect, I'd highly recommend for you to get them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

eoin1539 wrote: »

My god! You need a hoover for your keyboard!

Faith+1 wrote: »
    My god! You need a hoover for your keyboard!

Haha ye it's pretty handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Dealz is a great shop .. definitely a cut about the other €1 type shops.

Galway Dealz HDMI cable is only 1 meter long. But at €1.49 is savage value. They are €10-€15 in electrical shops.
    Batteries are great value too.

If you are prepared to mooch around for a while there are some decent cd's & dvd's

The food .. I will be honest .. I tend to avoid. I think it might be close to out of date and sometimes tastes a bit off. For example I bought two boxes of chocolates .. one of them was fine, the other tasted a bit wierd. Maybe it was the brand of chocolate but it was almost sugarless (like you get in USA).

Dealz is a great shop .. definitely a cut about the other €1 type shops.

Dealz HDMI cable is only 1 meter long. But at €1.49 is savage value. They are €10-€15 in electrical shops.

In the carlow deals I got a 2 meter cable for €1.49. They're usually much more expensive everywhere else :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

damian139 wrote: »
    Bought hardback version of "the quarry" by iain banks for £1 in poundIand last week, worth looking in dealz to see if they've stock, 27.50 here
    Likewise Alastair Reynolds "Blue Remembered Earth" hardback for €1.50 aswell, €15-20 in shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Jeremy Vines autobiography is worth a read for politics and broadcasting stuff. Interesting insight into Blair, Mandelson, Newsnight and his time in Africa.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Yeah couldn't see any of the three metre HDMI IN Dealz queens old castle. They had the one metre mind you

Yeah couldn't see any of the three metre HDMI IN Dealz queens old castle. They had the one metre mind you

Awh that's a pity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

No Belkin 3 Metre in Nutgrove or Dundrum either and unlikely according to staff to get them - a limited release. Only the 1 metre available, as usual.

The '2 Euro' shops usually have a 1.8M cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

The food .. I will be honest .. I tend to avoid. I think it might be close to out of date and sometimes tastes a bit off. For example I bought two boxes of chocolates .. one of them was fine, the other tasted a bit wierd. Maybe it was the brand of chocolate but it was almost sugarless (like you get in USA).

I notice that their NI equivalent, Poundland, always have the 200g (I think) Milk Tray for a pound, I'm guessing Dealz have the same stuff, if so then the new Kraft owned brand is absolute garbage anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Dealz food is no bargain. Sizes are smaller than supermarket size/weight. Certainly in the UK food manufacturers make special sizes for Dealz/Poundland.

maringo wrote: »
    Dealz food is no bargain. Sizes are smaller than supermarket size/weight. Certainly in the UK food manufacturers make special sizes for Dealz/Poundland.
    Not this again. The weight and price are clearly displayed.
    There are plenty of Dealz grocery bargains - UHT milk, fresh milk, sugar..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lyons tea, if you want brands - consistently the same price (€6 for 240, same as €2 for an 80 box) as the normal "fantastic". Only the very rare €3 for 160 in Dunnes is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

A proper Terrys chocolate orange for €1.49 is pretty good in fairness. Usually around €3 in Tesco and €5.95 in my local centra at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

The equipment, oranaments, cables, toys and gadgets etc are of terrible quality and is not worth the buy. Spend more and get better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Galway K9 wrote: »
    The equipment, oranaments, cables, toys and gadgets etc are of terrible quality and is not worth the buy. Spend more and get better quality.

So avoid the whole shop??

So avoid the whole shop??

Meh, i think the cleaning products are OK, and reconditioned CDs for 1.49 seems ok if its a decent CD.

ah feck it, yes avoid the whole shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

K-9 wrote: »
    Jeremy Vines autobiography is worth a read for politics and broadcasting stuff. Interesting insight into Blair, Mandelson, Newsnight and his time in Africa.

Nah :pac:

Mod snip

OK, so....they're off good quality then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,268 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Have lots of cables, including network, scart, USB, audio and HDMI in use for years. Only thing I've found rubbish is the earphones, but even then for the money they've got me home.

Advertisement