Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bridging Visa Confusion

• 07-10-2014 4:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering if anyone has any experience in bridging visas.

I'm currently on a 457 and have applied for 189

I am travelling this week and went to apply for a Bridging Visa B. (Everywhere I read this is advised). However at the immigration office they would not give be a BVB as I already had a 457 (which does not expire till 2016).
    The officer said even if my 457 was cancelled while abroad (its not likely to be) then I could still re enter Australia for 90 days and the BVB is immaterial in this case.
    I'm wondering if this is correct?

Also would this effect my residency status for citizenship?

thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

I was on a 3 month tourist visa this time last year I applied for an 820/801 and was granted a bridging visa A. However I was told that the BVA wouldn't come into effect until my tourist visa expired.

So sounds pretty right to be that you will still hold all your rights until your 457 runs out.

Advertisement