Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mildy goodness

• 13-02-2012 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭

An outlet for those looking for a mild February and an even milder spring. Post your mild charts here and talk up the mild :D

I've enjoyed this milder winter. I can pop around to the shops without preparing for a trek, rely on public transport (for the most part) and not get rocks disguised as snowballs flung at me.

On a less selfish note this (so far) mild winter is much appreciated by the Irish economy which really didn't need the country half shutdown for a month!

With forecasts showing around 8-10C generally the mildy goodness is in full swing. Cold threatens soon after going into next week but I give you these deep FI charts to banish unpleasant thoughts of a cold dig in. Even if it is FI.....

mildy1.png

mildy2.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭thomasj

I love it! Its like having seperate love and hate threads for marmite.

Anyway so mild weather...................

Nah its just not working for me!

The child in me wants the flaky stuff, i have to go back to the snow hope (im thinking that at this stage!)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

thomasj wrote: »
    The child in me wants the flaky stuff, i have to go back to the snow hope (im thinking that at this stage!)

There is a lot to be said for mild weather. We need a few frosts to kill off bugs, but the lack of transport disruption and the lack of need to have the heating on all day is a big boon when the economy is struggling.

Snow is pretty every 5 years or so, otherwise it's just annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

ECM gives us an active atlantic towards the end of the run. Better than the GFS.

mildy3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Reverse psychology Smythy. I like your style.

So yeah...em....The white stuff....I hate it.....Lovin the mild winter......I hope this mild Winter lasts till Spring

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Calibos wrote: »
    ......I hope this mild Winter lasts till Spring

It"ll probably last 'til Autumn :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

Itll last till Summer... then it will snow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

My only fear is that this westerly will still be with us in May and we won't have a summer (again) otherwise I've "enjoyed" this mild winter and the lack of large heating bills. As I type the sun is out its a bit windy but also mild and the grass is pretty much ready to cut (that's not such a good thing about mild winters :p )

Don't worry about the cold weekend people as this GFS/ECM mix promises better :)

111.png

112.gif

113.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Bring the heatwave on! Happy days! :D

MT:
    "WEDNESDAY ... This may be a very mild day especially away from the west coast which could stay overcast and foggy in places (10-12 C there, but as high as 13-15 C further east). Rain may be intermittent in the north but some sun could break through in the south and east. "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,603 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Well apart from about 12 hours of slightly chilly weather over the weekend its mild all the way out to the end of the month - surely that will make this winter one of the mildest ever??. The AH has certainly returned with a vengence this year - indeed it appears to be slightly displaced and has anchored itself just to our SW and over the BoB for months now. My main concern from this point is that after such a long run of makedly above averge temps - things will invariably balance themselves out at some stage. Hopefully this won't mean yet another sub par summer but the longer this set-up continues the more fearfull I will become on that score:(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Well apart from about 12 hours of slightly chilly weather over the weekend its mild all the way out to the end of the month - surely that will make this winter one of the mildest ever??.
    Correct. It will be one of the mildest ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Correct. It will be one of the mildest ever.

Lovely. Snow is for chumps and rampers.

I'm only loving it! :D

mild plus gale and rain = fail!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

mike65 wrote: »
    mild plus gale and rain = fail!

+1 I love the warmth, But i hate it when it's accompanied by rain and wind. Too warm to wear a jacket and too rainy too leave it off.

That mild wind is a lovely breadth of fresh air. They used to send Chernobyl kids here for the air, we should be proud of our mild humanitarian weather! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭200motels

How anyone can like this mild muck we're having at the moment is beyond me. I've a feeling we're going to have this crap weather for the next few weeks.:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Very mild and dry today despite it being very cloudy; even milder tomorrow they say.

14.6 this afternoon; hasn't dropped below 11c last 24 hours.

We had much colder and wetter days last July! :D

The young sycamore's are in leaf - mid Feb - that's a record.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

i spent more on heating and fire wood juring last summer than i did this winter:rolleyes:

200motels wrote: »
    How anyone can like this mild muck we're having at the moment is beyond me. I've a feeling we're going to have this crap weather for the next few weeks.:mad:

Better than crappy snow!! If you don't like it, perhaps emigrate to a cold country? ;) Ireland has only had a minority of snow covered winters in her history, what did you expect?

Anyway, i've saved a packet on heating bills and today is tshirt weather, tis great! :D

• Advertisement

Actually spring like out there right now.

Let's be honest....this is an incredibly boring thread! ;)

Should I try to cheer everyone up with my (admittedly bone generated) prediction that I will see a second 1976 this summer....and that I might have to start the drought thread in April. :D

Should I try to cheer everyone up with my (admittedly bone generated) prediction that I will see a second 1976 this summer....and that I might have to start the drought thread in April. :D

Go for it! In fact the drought has already started...so it needs a thread.

Hasn't started where I am Bill so I couldn't possibly start a drought thread at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

18 degrees when i left liverpool yesterday afternoon, about 5 at knock airport when i landed (or at least it felt like it)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Mild is good, gets you ready for the extremes. Come on March heat wave, 'dew can do it' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

18 degrees when i left liverpool yesterday afternoon, about 5 at knock airport when i landed (or at least it felt like it)

It only got to 15 C at Liverpool yesterday, and it was 11 C at Knock around 5 pm. Windchill may have been 5 though

Hasn't started where I am Bill so I couldn't possibly start a drought thread at this time.

Well, we got 3.4mm rain this morning so maybe it has stopped here :(

But, seriously Sponge, was there ever a drought where you are? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Su Campu wrote: »
    It only got to 15 C at Liverpool yesterday, and it was 11 C at Knock around 5 pm. Windchill may have been 5 though

i was just going on the hire car thermometer :o at liverpool, just saying felt so cold in comparison at knock

Advertisement