Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where does Gerry Adams actually live?

• 25-02-2011 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭

I see he voted in Dundalk this morning, so I presume he is on the electoral register there. He's an Irish citizen so he's entitled to vote if present on the day of the election and on the register BUT does he actually live in the RoI?

I thought he had a holiday home in Donegal? if he was registered anywhere, surely it would be there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Maybe he's already embracing the FF/Ivor Callely school of twisting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Im Only 71Kg

Adamstown

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭takun

I believe he established a residence in Dundalk (Blackrock?) a few months ago, and presumably is on the register since then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Presumably in a sett.... Old badger face....

(Sorry, did try to resist posting that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

he would have had to have a residence in Louth to register as a candidate there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Norfolk Drive in West Belfast afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ravensdale. It's on the Cooley Peninsula

Rural area but a short drive to Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

I thinks he's got places all over this Island. Wasn't there a time when, up to quite recently, were he wouldn't stay in the same house 2 nights in a row...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

murphaph wrote: »
    I see he voted in Dundalk this morning, so I presume he is on the electoral register there. He's an Irish citizen so he's entitled to vote if present on the day of the election and on the register BUT does he actually live in the RoI?

I thought he had a holiday home in Donegal? if he was registered anywhere, surely it would be there?

He seems to be simultaneously under a number of peoples beds....

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭johno2

Ravensdale. It's on the Cooley Peninsula

Rural area but a short drive to Dundalk
    I could be wrong because I don't know Louth very well, but isn't that where the foot and mouth outbreak started?

johno

• Advertisement

Yep, the first time a lot of people, including myself heard of the Cooley Peninsula was during the foot and mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Never heard of Cooley whiskey?

Or the Tain???

Wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cooley Peninsula is also the place where Jean McConville ended up I think. They certainly looked for her body there.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭johno2

Never heard of Cooley whiskey?

Or the Tain???

Wow.

Nope, I'm from Limerick.

johno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

:cool:

johno2 wrote: »
    Nope, I'm from Limerick.

johno

And I'm from Belfast.

Cooley whiskey's sold all over the world and the Cattle Raid of Cooley is the most famous work of literature in Irish, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Louth for voting purposes, donegal when claiming milage expenses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

beco wrote: »
    Louth for voting purposes, donegal when claiming milage expenses

Sure it's only traditional ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

When were on the subject of Louth.. :P

Where are the votes counted in Louth ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

he doesnt live anywhere. hes a traveller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

When were on the subject of Louth.. :P

Where are the votes counted in Louth ?

1B035D19849B4F0D8EC6A03750330FBE-0000333355-0002170379-02870L-B8DFB9905FD746CD92F7F51C90607795.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Address:

Gerry Adams
    89 Ford Fiesta
    Dundalk Shooting Range
    Dundalk, Co Louth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

He had to move to Louth to be eligible to run from there. So somewhere there. Sure many people have more than one house, so I assume he still has his Belfast home too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

he would have had to have a residence in Louth to register as a candidate there.

Is this really true? There are a number of candidates in Dublin who live outside their constituency and as far as I know do not have a "residence" in it.

I assumed he took on a residence in Louth so he could (a) vote there and (b) try to keep the "tourist" jibes to a minimum.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    He had to move to Louth to be eligible to run from there. So somewhere there. Sure many people have more than one house, so I assume he still has his Belfast home too!

How did he manage all those homes on the average industrial wage, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

How did he manage all those homes on the average industrial wage, I wonder?
    The Northern Bank gave him a big "mortgage" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Finscout

Apparently he moved to Ravensdale a few months ago. The County Register refused to put him on the register the first time of asking, as she said he wasn't resident in the County. She went out to the house a few times and no one was there! But then he was put on when he convinced her it was his normal place of residence. Was in the local papers at the time.

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    There are a number of candidates in Dublin who live outside their constituency and as far as I know do not have a "residence" in it.

Mary Lou McDonald did that last election running in Dublin Central and it was a big topic and possibly one reason she was rejected

People don't kindly to parachute candidates

• Registered Users Posts: 40 GFJD

Never you mind where he lives , but you can be sure he knows where you live....

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,240 ✭✭✭✭ted1

you do not have to be a resident. Just an irish citizen. You just say five hundred euro or collect thirty signatures of people living in the area or lastly obtain a political party nomination.

Advertisement