Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Football anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Match Report :)

Our first outing was a success, with us managing to get 10 players together, which as we know has been quite difficult to achieve in previous years.

As we didnt know skill levels or abilities, we just went randomly with whoever was standing on either side of the half way line from the outset, and the teams lined up as follows:

Team A: Mossin, The Townie, DJCR, Niall09, and Mossin +1

Team B: Bongomc, Bongomc +1, Jako8, Joemcg18, and The Townie +1

Team A played with 4 players for a while as we waited for our last player to get ready.

The game was fast and furious for the first half hour until tiredness began to set in a bit. In that time, there was lots of superb passing and movement from both sides, some great tackling and some bad attempts [from me for sure].
    I was surprised at the level of skill on display for our first game, as it usually takes a few weeks to get touches better, but it bodes well for future games.

The game had some superb goals, especially a few one touch and move goals scored by Team A.
    There was also a ridiculous miss by me [from about 6 inches] :eek: But we eventually got the ball into the net.

I feel like I've been struck by a bus today due to my lack of fitness, but that'll be gone by next week :)

Thanks to all who came this week, and lets get next weeks players identified and confirmed.

As per request, an MVP has been added: Steve gets the nod

• Registered Users Posts: 14,397 ✭✭✭✭cson

Good to know it went well, hopefully the numbers will remain for the rest of the semester. :)

Game Week 2: Tuesday 5th October @3pm

10 players required again:

1. Mossin
    2. DJCR
    3. The Townie
    4. Jako8
    5. Bongomc
    6. Finnezzia
    7. cson [provisional]
    8. Niall09
    9. Joemcg18
    10. Mossin +1

Please feel free to say that you are available, as back-up may be required, and if we can get 12, we'll play 6-a-side

I'll provisionally say I'll be there but I've to check what time my Tax exam is at that day.

I'll say it again; fuck ya 4th year your no craic! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭finnezzia

Hope the match report will be a regular feature. Yeah I can confirm for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Weekly MVP would be a nice touch to the match report. For yesterday I nominate Gerard Pique aka Steve. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Stick me down on that list! I'll have to leave early though because I have a lecture at 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joemcg18

throw me down

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

should be able to play after week 6/7 once my 3o'clock lecture gets moved ..... is there any other games at different time or is that a dumb question since it looks pretty hard to organise one game ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Niall09 wrote: »
    Stick me down on that list! I'll have to leave early though because I have a lecture at 4.

Same.

• Advertisement

Reminder:
    Mossin wrote: »
    Game Week 2: Tuesday 5th October @3pm
    1. Mossin
    2. DJCR
    3. The Townie
    4. Jako8
    5. Bongomc
    6. Finnezzia
    7. cson [provisional]
    8. Niall09
    9. Joemcg18
    10. Mossin +1

As 2 players have stated that they will have to leave a little early as they have class @4pm, I've divided the 10 players into what I hope will be 2 fair teams based on last weeks performances so that tomorrow we can get started immediately and get value for money. DONT FORGET TO BRING €3 EACH.

Tomorrow we will be meeting inside the Arena on the court to avoid delays, so try be there and ready to play by 3pm.

Team A:
    Mossin
    Mossin +1
    cson
    Jako8
    Finnezzia

Team B
    Bongomc
    Joemcg18
    DJCR
    The Townie
    Niall09

See you all tomorrow. :)

cson wrote: »
    I'll provisionally say I'll be there but I've to check what time my Tax exam is at that day.

I'll say it again; fuck ya 4th year your no craic! :(

Tax exam 3-4pm

Fook.

Sorry lads.

Mayday! Mayday! we have a man down! I repeat Senior Cson is down!

:D:D

**** indeed cson...anyone able to bring another player for tomorrow?

Please let us know asap!

C'mon other boardsies, and play soccer for the hour with us..its great craic!

I'll ask around my mates and see if I can send one of them down.

Again, my apologies. :(

cson wrote: »
    Again, my apologies. :(

Not to worry, its unavoidable cos of an exam.

I've tried getting another player but cant.
    Anybody able to bring a 10th player?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Sorry guys but I won't be able to make it today, I'v been feeling quite sick today and I dont think running around for an hour will do it any good.

Apologies :(

I am sick too as is DJCR, but feck it, its only an hour, and I'm hoping that it will help with my cold.

:( 4-a-side will be rough going unless we can get 2 more

I've found a person to play but he'll only play if we find one more. Making it even numbers like...

Bongomc is your friend that played last week available?

I have to leave now for a meeting before we play, so I wont be able to check on here...hope to see you all there @ ~3pm..

Steve is out also due to injury, I just found out.. :(

• Advertisement

There falling like flies...

With my mate we are back to 4-on-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

I can't get another player either. So it looks like 4-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭finnezzia

ugh, 4 a side. Dont know if my legs are up for that. Though I've been off the fags for a week and a half now so this fabled lung capacity increase might stand me. Anyway, I'm not exactly sure where I'm going in the place because I've not been in since the campas tour. I'll try and make my own way but if you see a lanky blonde walking round in a Roma shirt that'll be me.

Yup 1 hour to find 2 players... unlikely...

Bout €4 each... well €3.75 if you wanna be exact about it...

Teams as it stands;

Team A:
    Mossin
    Jako8
    Finnezzia
    TheTownie+1

Team B:
    Bongomc
    Joemcg18
    DJCR
    TheTownie

Fly goalies will be essential ! :D

Apologies for a lack of a match report from last week, I have been away for the week and havent really been online much...if somebody else who was there would kindly write up something I'd appreciate it.

Gameweek 3: Tuesday 12th October @3pm

1. Mossin [provisional]
    2. DJCR
    3. The Townie
    4. Jako8
    5. Finnezzia
    6. Bongomc
    7. Galwayu
    8. Niall09

As usual let me know asap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Bigrob

I may be able to play, I'll let youse know for defo tonight!

Our second outing of the semester went pretty well. There was a mad rush leading up to the game to find players to fill in which we eventually managed by about 3.15pm.

Team A: Mossin, Mossin+1, Jako8, Joemcg18, Random person.

Team B: TheTownie, DJCR, Finnezzia, Townie+1, Bongomc.

Apologies if there is a mistake in those teams.

Once we had the full compliment the match really went into full flow. Team A pretty much dominated the first half as Team B were chasing shadows and once we regained possession, had no outlet or were too tired to provide one.

Second half was a different story as Team B got a second wind and Team A finally started to tire. Team B put some nice moves together to redeem some self respect !

Towards the end, mistimed tackles were creeping in (especially between Mossin and DJCR) which we all had a good laugh about.

Overall I felt the standard increased from last week as our fitness levels are slowly increasing to respectable levels. As for MVP... hard to say... Mossin's friend (kevin, I think...) played pretty well.

Anyone interested in playing this week (or confirming your place) please put your name down asap. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwayu

With tutorials off tomorrow due to open day I will play.Do you have to tog out or what??

It depends on what you want to do really. Some lads wear shorts while others wear tracksuit pants...its your choice, we dont mind...I'll add you to the list also.

• Advertisement

galwayu wrote: »
    With tutorials off tomorrow due to open day I will play.Do you have to tog out or what??

Its indoor, its €3 each.

T-shirt, shorts and decent pair of shoes are recommended but not mandatory.

If you know anyone else who would be interested they are welcome too.

Advertisement