Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clonmel Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭All in all

copy1 wrote: »
    Hi All,anyone know a tiler in Clonmel just for a small bathroom very small job,any numbers would be great,thanks a mil

Sent you a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭copy1

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bobster453

20% off when you spend 50 euro or more in Woodies from now to Monsay.Some exclusions but very few

20% off when you spend 50 euro or more in Woodies from now to Monsay.Some exclusions but very few

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

evening,,

asked this question already in the radio forum but does any one in clonmel have a dab radio and does it work? i see tesco have quite a range of them and wondered would they have them for sale if they wont work on dab?

thanks

Roy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

bobster453 wrote: »

Do we really have to promote here on this site large companies that are part of a much bigger group, to the detriment of smaller locally owned companies.

Woodies and Chadwick's are part of the Grafton Group!

Grafton Group plc is predominantly a UK and Ireland-based building materials
    group with 591 branches and a turnover of over £2 billion. Merchanting. Grafton ...

http://www.graftonplc.com/our-businesses/diy-retailing

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Site Banned Posts: 25 Wilburn

Xenophile wrote: »
    Do we really have to promote here on this site large companies that are part of a much bigger group, to the detriment of smaller locally owned companies.

group with 591 branches and a turnover of over £2 billion. Merchanting. Grafton ...

nothing wrong with woodies. people can shop where they like and talk about it. i will be going to woodies to see if they have what i want. are you trying to filter what people are allowed to speak of. are you one of the small local owned companies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Xenophile, answer me this. Do you do all your shopping in the "local shop" or would you buy the likes of milk/bread/butter etc in one of the supermarkets ?

Vizzy wrote: »
    Xenophile, answer me this. Do you do all your shopping in the "local shop" or would you buy the likes of milk/bread/butter etc in one of the supermarkets ?
    actually i just had a look at woodies site and there is sometrhing i wanted reduced. so thanks to the person who notified this reduction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

I think it's called the free market, open competition, whatever.

The local trader will buy wholesale where it's cheapest local or otherwise.

The "ordinary people" who struggle to make ends meet each week will shop where the best value is, local or otherwise.

If the local trader is competitive that's where they will shop, fact of life or fact of commerce.

• Advertisement

dieselbug wrote: »
    I think it's called the free market, open competition, whatever.

The local trader will buy wholesale where it's cheapest local or otherwise.

The "ordinary people" who struggle to make ends meet each week will shop where the best value is, local or otherwise.

If the local trader is competitive that's where they will shop, fact of life or fact of commerce.
    and what about the local pub who buys in the supermarket and sells at pubs prices?

Oops i see wilburn is banned..censorship strong on this thread then??

• I get where Xenophile is coming from. This is a Clonmel thread for Clonmel news. There are topics for bargain alerts. Sorry if this is considered modding out of place, but just my opinion.
    Clonmel town centre isn't looking as downtrodden as it had been. There is still a bit of life about it! What I do find sad are the number of outlets in Showgrounds that don't seem to last and are being left empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

Went out to Powerstown for a walk this evening (5pm) it was closed...new sign saying it would now only be open 8.30-4-30 Mon-Thurs and 8.30-3.30 on Friday.....small print says its due to recent thefts....a real pity that they had to do this, yet again the minority cause the majority to suffer (not Powerstowns fault but its a pity).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

solerina wrote: »
    Went out to Powerstown for a walk this evening (5pm) it was closed...new sign saying it would now only be open 8.30-4-30 Mon-Thurs and 8.30-3.30 on Friday.....small print says its due to recent thefts....a real pity that they had to do this, yet again the minority cause the majority to suffer (not Powerstowns fault but its a pity).

That's a real pity.

• evening,,

asked this question already in the radio forum but does any one in clonmel have a dab radio and does it work? i see tesco have quite a range of them and wondered would they have them for sale if they wont work on dab?

thanks

Roy

Hi Roy...At the top right of this page..go to "tech"..In the dropdown menu,go into consumer electronics..you will have a better chance of an answer there.There are some posts there on DAB radio..As far as I know its only RTE on DAB..I may be wrong though.

• solerina wrote: »

Yeah,sad to see the minority ruining things again:(

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

you'd think people walking around powerstown park would be security in it's self

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That's bad news about Powerstown park,I do a good bit of running in there in the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

evening,,

thanks

Roy
    DAB coverage is ****e in Clonmel...

See the following link for more:
    http://www.digitalradio.ie/maps/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

snipey wrote: »
    you'd think people walking around powerstown park would be security in it's self

thefts from the cars i would think - when you are a few furlongs away on other side of the track and the folk in question are in and out so quick -

They may also not be the type of folk people challenge about such things

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snipey

you mean the neighbours!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

New pearls restaurant,
    very nice place great to see it open, food was excellent best of luck to Peter & Laura, worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Royco wrote: »
    New pearls restaurant,
    very nice place great to see it open, food was excellent best of luck to Peter & Laura, worth a visit

Is that the same people who had the emerald a while back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Yep, Peter has gone out on his own. Best of luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

Update: Apparently it wasn't a robbery/theft that caused the closure of Powerstown....there was a lady running her 2nd/3rd lap and some guy (in disguise) jumped out and looked like he was going to attack her until a man also out walking came to her aid. So now its only open when the workers are there....
    Worse that I assumed originally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tommyteetoes

solerina wrote: »
    Update: Apparently it wasn't a robbery/theft that caused the closure of Powerstown....there was a lady running her 2nd/3rd lap and some guy (in disguise) jumped out and looked like he was going to attack her until a man also out walking came to her aid. So now its only open when the workers are there....
    Worse that I assumed originally.

that park is always closed early in winter time. always has been.

2/3 lap , man in disguise. classic.

that park is always closed early in winter time. always has been.

2/3 lap , man in disguise. classic.

Sorry but your wrong...Its always closed for the coursing, it was early Dec to Feb...it has been open for the past month, now its closed again for the reason I mentioned above !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Had a very tasty meal tonight in a place called The Morrigan across from the credit union - would highly recommend it. Bottle of wine and three courses each worked out at about sixty. Being from the Pale I thought they had made a mistake, but that was all it cost. Wish I lived closer to it. A braw scoff.

Advertisement