Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

View iphone photos on ipad

Options
  • 06-12-2014 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Im wondering is there any way to view photos from an iphone on an ipad without transfering them. Basically i have a large amount of space on my iphone- 64gb. I sync a lot of photos from my laptop to the iphone. I also have a 16gb ipad. However there is not enough space on the ipad to store all of the photos from my computer. Is there any way to stream photos to the ipad from the iphone easily, any apps for that? Im aware of apples photostream feature but i figure that will still take up space on my ipad. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭BQQ

Why not just upload to Dropbox or something similar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Shared Photostream shouldn't take up too much space, all you're doing is streaming photos from the cloud? Plus it doesn't contribute to your iCloud space.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

iCloud photo library is baked into iOS 8 and it does just this. To save on space on your iPad it only downloads smaller resolution versions, but when you click on the photo to view it, it'll downloads the full resolution version.

Activate it in Settings > Photos & Camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 milkjunkie90

What i ended up doing was reducing the size of my images in lightroom to long edge 2048px and now they all fit on the ipad. Thanks for the tips guys!

Advertisement