Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quick PR question

• 26-02-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭

I heard no candidate reached the quota in galway east.

What happens in this case? DO they lower the quota?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

They eliminate lowest polling candidate and redistribute their second prefs. Quota stays the same afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Nice. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

blubloblu wrote: »
    They eliminate lowest polling candidate and redistribute their second prefs. Quota stays the same afaik.
    true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Somewhat on topic so I'll post here instead of making another thread.

In Kildare North, I had two IND as 1 & 2, Labour as 3.
    Nobody reached the quota so the two IND and others were eliminated. In this case, would my vote go from 1 to 2 to 3 labour? Or is it that simple.
    I think what I'm trying to say is,
    If the person who would get your transfer is also eliminated in the same count, does it jump to the next available candidate??

Hopefully that is understandable :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Why were 2 people eliminated in one count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Centaur

Somewhat on topic so I'll post here instead of making another thread.

In Kildare North, I had two IND as 1 & 2, Labour as 3.
    Nobody reached the quota so the two IND and others were eliminated. In this case, would my vote go from 1 to 2 to 3 labour? Or is it that simple.
    I think what I'm trying to say is,
    If the person who would get your transfer is also eliminated in the same count, does it jump to the next available candidate??

Hopefully that is understandable :o

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Why were 2 people eliminated in one count?
    there were 6 eliminated in meath west on the first count (highest with 479 votes, lowest 189 votes), the next lowest candidate had 3496, quota 10,045

their total votes are less than the next lowest candidate, so transfers wouldnt help them overtake that candidate

Advertisement