Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

multi monitor computer systems

• 18-05-2009 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Anyone know where i could buy a system that supports 8 monitors?

Thanks

donkey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Any desktop with two pci slots and two Matrox G450x4 cards would do. Don't expect great performance out of it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 donkeyford

Any desktop with two pci slots and two Matrox G450x4 cards would do. Don't expect great performance out of it though.

Thanks for that..

Think i'll have to go to a professional computer person for advice on it.. I wouldn't know a heck of a lot about it myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

donkeyford wrote: »
    Thanks for that..

Think i'll have to go to a professional computer person for advice on it.. I wouldn't know a heck of a lot about it myself..

Your speaking to one.

What setup are you doing?
    Why do you need eight monitors, what type of monitors are they, what will you be displaying on the monitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

correct me if i'm wrong but can't you just use 4 pci cards? rather expensive though

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There are some USB gadgets that will do the trick. but theyre not cheap or anything. 40-120 euro in most cases. Go with the Matrox adapters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement