Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argentina have another poor performance

• 26-08-2007 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

this has made me feel better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Woohoo! :D Hope we smash them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Irleand A lost to most of that Team:eek:

WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

They still won though, remember when all else fails an ugly win is still a win and we can only manage that with the help of a blind TMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

GDM wrote:
    They still won though, remember when all else fails an ugly win is still a win and we can only manage that with the help of a blind TMO.

I must be misinterpreting the rules but the o gara try against Italy, the ball went back, hit his leg and then he put downward pressure on it...how is this not a try. There was no knock on and there was downward pressure which is exactly what the tmo was looking at. He had no doubt it wasn't a knock on, just wasn't sure about the downward pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

ekevosu wrote:
    I must be misinterpreting the rules but the o gara try against Italy, the ball went back, hit his leg and then he put downward pressure on it...how is this not a try. There was no knock on and there was downward pressure which is exactly what the tmo was looking at. He had no doubt it wasn't a knock on, just wasn't sure about the downward pressure.

Your right. The ball went backwards from his chest, then it hit the tacklers leg and went forward a small bit (but since not off O'Gara not a knock on), then ROG got downward pressure.

In fairness it took me until the highlights on the Beeb after the Scot v SA match to be sure this is what actually happened because in real time and on the first few viewings it didn't look like a try.

Advertisement