Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Regular tourney discussion - Who's going and what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Split the €55 in the Jackpot headsup with Gordon. He took €500, I took €400. Jeff was third for €150 after he tried to bluff me for my stack when I was holding the nuts. :D

21 runners. Good structure. Enjoyable game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Split the €55 in the Jackpot headsup with Gordon. He took €500, I took €400. Jeff was third for €150 after he tried to bluff me for my stack when I was holding the nuts. :D

:(

... that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

€100 to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

€100 to go!
    huh?

100 to go to play jp's game.. i'll decide on sunday morning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

LuckyLloyd wrote:

So "I shouldn't be telling you my strategy's kid" blew his stack. No surprise there

RasTa wrote:
    So "I shouldn't be telling you my strategy's kid" blew his stack. No surprise there
    oh it was BEAUTIFUL....

ditpoker limpy limpy with Ah6h, blinds 300,600 me thinks.
    the man himself limps on the button, sb and bb take a cheap flop.

flop, 46A rainbow... sb and bb check... i bet 1000 clumsily into a 2400 pot... our friend stands up... "is that a 1000??? I'M ALL IN!!!!" ... i call... ship a 35,000 pot my way!!! wooooo! (then i gave it to lloyd! :( )

rasta... who are you!?! :p myself and lloyd were on table 2, i was in seat 1 and lloyd was the head phone wearing fool in seat 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I was tighty mc tight, in-between that character and I think yourself on table 2. Then you and Lloyd at the FT. Was going to say hello but was too baked, who finished off that dude?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Say hello next time FFS!! You played well. Looked card diddly dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

ditpoker wrote:
    ditpoker limpy limpy with Ah6h, blinds 300,600 me thinks.

Jesus, when are you going to stop open limping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

RasTa wrote:
    I was tighty mc tight, in-between that character and I think yourself on table 2. Then you and Lloyd at the FT. Was going to say hello but was too baked, who finished off that dude?

I finished him off and i dont think i have enjoyed winning a pot as much in a long long time. He limps i grossly overbet it preflop with KK making it 3.5k more and he calls(standard) the flop comes down K J 10 and i bet out 7.5/8k and he immediately announces all-in i insta-call and he turns over Q9 oops but clarity is restored when a beautiful jack comes on the river and i win a 65k pot and he goes bananas

Trippie wrote:
    I finished him off and i dont think i have enjoyed winning a pot as much in a long long time. He limps i grossly overbet it preflop with KK making it 3.5k more and he calls(standard) the flop comes down K J 10 and i bet out 7.5/8k and he immediately announces all-in i insta-call and he turns over Q9 oops but clarity is restored when a beautiful jack comes on the river and i win a 65k pot and he goes bananas

That is sick - but its why we love the game so much - isn't it???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

LuckyLloyd wrote:

I actually enjoyed playing a tournament for a long time and i think it is testament to the structure that after the break i was fed up and decided to spunk the lot in five or six hands in a row which i did without winning one and my stack was decimated but then i got tired of that and decided to play for the tourney and even though i had lost 14k i was still comfortably able to play proper poker and i ended up gradually increasing my stack and romping home in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Anyone heading to the emporium tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

LuckyLloyd wrote:

Good stuff Lloyd. Well done Jeff for open limping your way to 3rd ;)

Flushdraw wrote:
    Good stuff Lloyd. Well done Jeff for open limping your way to 3rd ;)

i was doing well!! had 40k plus 5 handed with 110k in the pot until i bluffed my stack in a 50k pot to lloyd .. board xJT... check check... turn Q... lloyd bets 3600 into a 4k pot... i INSTA SHOVE (cos it's grand, sure he can only call me with AK, which he doesnt have cos why would he bet the pot on the turn with the nuts its fine.... i'll just take down this 8k pot uncontested!!) but ... wait... why is lloyd calling... :( (for what its worth i was drawing dead, just dead to a split...!! :p

RasTa wrote:

ah yes,the UBER-ROCK! :p twice you caught me with my hand in the cookie jar! you're on my list!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

LuckyLloyd wrote:

WP sir...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Lazare wrote:
    Anyone heading to the emporium tonight?

Bad beat jackpot FTW. :D:D

€639, Rag2gar was at the table too. €8800 for the winner/loser in the seat I had vacated an hour previous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭pumpkinpints

Lazare wrote:
    Bad beat jackpot FTW. :D:D

€639, Rag2gar was at the table too. €8800 for the winner/loser in the seat I had vacated an hour previous.
    what was it AA v QQ on a 34567 board, the way these are being handed out nowadays....:D

• Advertisement

AJ, vs KK, on a xAA,x,A board. as far as i know..

anyone playing emporium tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Leaving now for the Emporium.... any boardsies say hello

Mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Cant play the SE tourney tonight so -1 donation....
    Best of luck to who ever's playing..

Just back from the SE game... very enjoyable and really liked my play... I always knew where I stood in every hand and made some hero calls... Key hand I had JJ and flop came Q105. Villan was very poor...blinds 600/1200 and I had made it 5k out of my 40k stack. I bet the flop and he CRAI for 30k. I call and my JJ is good vs his 77 until he 2 outters the river!!!

Managed to recover and got 4th in the end for 4th place and 300 for my trouble... when I lost a coin flip for stacks

good to meet some "old" boardsies and some new ones as well....

Mac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Macspower wrote:
    Just back from the SE game... very enjoyable and really liked my play... I always knew where I stood in every hand and made some hero calls... Key hand I had JJ and flop came Q105. Villan was very poor...blinds 600/1200 and I had made it 5k out of my 40k stack. I bet the flop and he CRAI for 30k. I call and my JJ is good vs his 77 until he 2 outters the river!!!

Managed to recover and got 4th in the end for 4th place and 300 for my trouble... when I lost a coin flip for stacks

good to meet some "old" boardsies and some new ones as well....

Mac

WP. What you make of the tourney paul, worth playing?

it was actually alright... after the break it was push time for a lot of people including me but i never let myself get too short and got my 10bb's over the line quite a few times in limped pots and picked them up...

after this the structure was grand with 3 tables to go onwards.... for a 50 quid crapshoot it's not too bad...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Anyone planning on going to the new tournie in the Fitz tonight? It is 75+5, 6k stack I think. Not sure about the blind levels, but I know there is an ante thrown in there at some stage. I'm not sure if I will go, but I might. It's a quite similiar tournie to the SE now as well (bit cheaper, less chips, probably faster structure though), but I doubt any regs from either place will be affected much (at least until 10th Aug)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

5starpool wrote:
    Anyone planning on going to the new tournie in the Fitz tonight? It is 75+5, 6k stack I think. Not sure about the blind levels, but I know there is an ante thrown in there at some stage. I'm not sure if I will go, but I might. It's a quite similiar tournie to the SE now as well (bit cheaper, less chips, probably faster structure though), but I doubt any regs from either place will be affected much (at least until 10th Aug)

I was considering it until I read that. Why do we need a running ante in a midweek game ffs!! SE for me tonight if I can swing a hall pass...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If I do go I will put the structure in the tournie sticky, or if someone else is at it can they let me know if they don't see me there.

• Advertisement

i was talking to dennise about the tourney in the fitz tonight, and he said that the clock was 25 mins- which is 5 more than the SE(i think)...

Edit - i do mean Dennis - before ppl start slagin my spelling

Advertisement