Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taking up Italian for Leaving Cert - is it a good idea?

• 17-03-2006 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm currently in third year and am picking my leaving cert subjects. I did French and Spanish for the junior cert and I am keeping up French for the leaving cert but I am also considering taking up Italian. Would it be very difficult to take it up at this stage? I am a very languagey person and generally get straight A's in French and Spanish. Has anyone taken up Italian for leaving cert or does anyone have any opinions to offer? Please reply cos I'M CONFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

If you want to and you think you'll do well in it (as you're good at languages in general) then go for it. LC Italian is not difficult, TBH, and you should have no problem withit as long as you get to practice a little.

The only reason against doing it for the LC is that it may limit your education - that is to say, that a broader range of subjects than just languages might give you a rounder education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 francescapalazz

Hi, I saw your ads, if you want I can give you italian lessons grammar or conversation.I have a degree in languages.My number is 087 7837114, my e-mail francescapalazzolo@yahoo.it
    Good luck!
    Francesca

Advertisement