Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RWC Schedule

• 15-08-2007 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

I have a nice RWC calender showing broadcasting times and stations if anyone is interested... How de **** do I attach something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

Click on attach (Just to the right of the smiley face/emoticon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Danie Gerber

I cant... Something to do with the websense restrictions on my work pc. Can't see any icons!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I cant... Something to do with the websense restrictions on my work pc. Can't see any icons!
    is it linked anywhere else on the net? if so just post the link.

if it is a proper file. email me and i'll attach it. xxxxxxxxxxx at gmail dot com

Can I e-mail somebody to put it up on my behalf?? Address pls?

You should have that now Ruggiebear. Just e-mailed you.

• Advertisement

Groovy.

should be attached now.

Thanks Ruggie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

Nice one guys.. I presume Setanta are showing all games? Maybe we could update it with terrestrial channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

in their ads setanta mention showing all the games.
    but will they split games between setanata and its other channels? ie 1,2 an3 ?

Setanta sports does show all the games but not all (very few actually) on the Setanta Sports Ireland channel that you get with NTL, Chorus.

I think the idea is that you sign up for the package... Eur 30 / month or something!

But if you have satelite TV (Sky) you get the ITV channels anway so why bother paying for coverage. TV5 Monde (french channel) also shows the matches and some matches are on that welsh channel (cant remember the name).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Daveirl,

What, are you a Setanta Sports rep or sumin?

Do you get 50EURO for every friend that subscribes to Setanta all this month?? Just ask your friend to say you refered him and we will send you a cheque in the post tomorrow!!!! It's that simple...

Offer ends 31 August 2007, terms and conditions apply.

Daveirl,

Do you get 50EURO for every friend that subscribes to Setanta all this month?? Just ask your friend to say you refered him and we will send you a cheque in the post tomorrow!!!! It's that simple...

now now. be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭quagmire69

do tv3 not have some of the games??

are the irish games being shown on the terrestial setanta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

quagmire69 wrote:
    do tv3 not have some of the games??

Tv3 gots the rights to the irish games as far as I know, no sign of times on the website though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Daveirl,

Do people not like Setanta on this website as a whole? Or is it just the fact that you have to pay a little extra every month for it that causes this? IMO, Setanta is better, but think thats mainly cos they have NASN. Showing every match in the RWC is a really good bonus, although I'll prob be in college for most of them anyway.

Just messin with daveirl mushy. 18eur/month aint bad. Don't know where I got my 30 from...

I suppose I'm kinda more p**** off with satelite TV as a whole because you pay a s***load of money for sky so that you can watch that 5% of the programmes and sport that they bought the exclusive rights to while the rest of what they have is a waste of time.

And then Setanta comes along, buys the WC and then you have to pay them as well... I feel a bit ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Do I have this right, ITV are showing all games?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Does TV3 have rights to only the Irish games or is it the Irish games and the quarter finals, semis etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

nesf wrote:
    Does TV3 have rights to only the Irish games or is it the Irish games and the quarter finals, semis etc?

TV3 coverage here...

http://www.tv3.ie/programmes.php?action=sport
    TV3, Ireland’s leading commercial broadcaster, will provide live coverage of every single Ireland match at the Rugby World Cup. The opening ceremony and first match of the tournament (France V Argentina), two quarter-finals, both semi-finals and the final are also live on TV3.

• Advertisement

Cheers, I might need to consider getting Setanta. My sky box doesn't seem to like ITV very much, it'll only give me ITV1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

daveirl wrote:

Yeah, but I know I tend to forget about things, so it might as well be a year long contract. ;)

The NFL/Magners League coverage is tempting though.

nesf wrote:
    Yeah, but I know I tend to forget about things, so it might as well be a year long contract. ;)

The NFL/Magners League coverage is tempting though.
    nfl? not the games. only the discussion shows, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

But if you have satelite TV (Sky) you get the ITV channels anway so why bother paying for coverage.
    Do you know how to "tune in" the itv channels? I know it's not the normal way of doing it, it's in "Other Channels" but I only have ITV1 and ITV3 there... And some of the matches are on ITV4...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Update: Found it here, in case anyone else is interested...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=319519

komodosp wrote:
    Update: Found it here, in case anyone else is interested...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=319519

This thread is better: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055038749

Ruggie: I don't know tbh. I'll have a look.

Edit: From their site I think you are right Ruggie. :(

This has become rlevant again so thought I'd bring it up the line

Advertisement