Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Opinions on Georgia

• 24-08-2007 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

I think they certainly looked promising during the last world cup and it's a shame they don't get to see more action. Personally I'm all for a previously proposed plan to allow them along with Albania (I think) into the six nations..
    I reckon they'll beat Namibia too..

Comments

I haven't really got a chance to see them since they played Ireland a good bit back.They seem about the same level as Romania though.They'll probably beat Namibia but they're hardly ready to enter the 6 Nations yet.Georgia and Romania would still be a good bit behind Italy so it would just be a worthless 2 extra fixtures imo.I'm sure they're happy enough in the 6 Nations B for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

As with most Eastern European teams that will be in the RWC their pack will be huge and will more then likely cause problems for the Irish side at the breakdowns and scrum time. Dont worry we will more then likely beat them but it might not be by 80 points plus. They held SA off in 2003 to a very close score if i can remember [cant remember the exact score]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Danie Gerber

That score was SA 46 Georgia 19... Hardly close but your point is taken.

Advertisement