Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jimmy Eat World Olympia

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i sure hope they don't play oxygen, i'd prefer them to play another gig gig if you know what i mean.

it was an absolutely mental night first time seeing them though long time fan.

highlights were definitely - A praise chorus, Bleed american, Lucky denver mint and sweetness.

*EDIT* i should slap myself i forgot get it faster. don't worry i'm hanging my head in shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Cremo wrote:
    i sure hope they don't play oxygen, i'd prefer them to play another gig gig if you know what i mean.

Well i seen them in Witnness a couple of years ago and it was different but still good!and they are much more famous now so could be good with thousands there

i'm not saying it won't be good for them, it's just that like how much is a ticket to oxegen? 65 euros?

that's not worth it to see jimmy eat world play, they'd probably play at like 2 o clock in the day time.

it be much better if they have a more intimate gig like olympia/ambassador etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Great gig; have seen them before and they are always deadly. really enjoyed it; I'm sold on the new album, am going to pick it up pretty soon. Could only get sitting tickets tho :( IMO a gig isnt a gig unless you're exhausted and stinky after it :) I tried my best but was a little stymied by the olympias' garden gnome chairs.

Yeah "back in the summer" sounds a bit like an oxegen appearance allright. Hopefully tho it will be in the ambassador or Olympia again.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

i don't think they'd don two european tours so close together in the one year. if they are coming back, it's most likely to be with them doing the festival circuit, oxegen, t in the park, etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

They played twich in 2002. January and May I think.

yeh, forgot about that. they also played witnness that year iirc.
    saw the first two gigs in the tbmc and the ambassador.
    tuesday's gig surpassed the two of them imo!

Yea, Witnness was the same year. Didn't much like the Witnness show, but the other two were brilliant. Better than this one I reckon. Well... TBMC anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭curious_george

Best song had to be Authority Song, can't believed they played that!

Yall should check out www.jimmyeatworld.com then look for the blog section, there's a great picture they took and some really sweet comments about Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

I wasn't a Jimmy Eat World fan at all, mostly cos I was just unaware of the band I guess. But was invited to the gig by a friend at the last minute on Tuesday and thought it was terrific. I'll definitely be checking out more of their music in the futute. :)

• Advertisement

Kalina wrote:
    I'll definitely be checking out more of their music in the futute. :)

nice pun! tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    They played twich in 2002. January and May I think.

they actually played 4 times that year and they are the only other times they've ever played here!
    January 16th in Temple Bar Music Centre support from Berkeley
    May 23rd in Amabassador Theatre support from Fenix*TX
    July 12th in Ambassador Theatre secret show supporting Foo Fighters
    July 13th at Witnness

Dermo wrote:
    they actually played 4 times that year and they are the only other times they've ever played here!
    January 16th in Temple Bar Music Centre support from Berkeley
    May 23rd in Amabassador Theatre support from Fenix*TX
    July 12th in Ambassador Theatre secret show supporting Foo Fighters
    July 13th at Witnness
    Oh yea. I remember being very pissed off I missed that. Didn't know Jimmy Eat World played though. Thought it was just the Foos. Now I'm even more pissed off...

confirmed for oxegen:D i'm gonna be quite the happy camper! geddit?!

Yea. Good news alright. But as far as camping goes the addition of Snoop Dogg will probably make the experience less enjoyable...

Advertisement