Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any freelancers out there?

• 26-11-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭

Web Design isin't my thing. I have my IT Skills, web design certainly isin't one!

I need to have a basic 5-7 page (just a bit of text on each page) site created, which I could then add to via CMS as time goes on.

Already have my domain and hosting package.

Are there any freelancers out there? I've read of a service before where you pitch what you need and people bid to do the job... for the life of me can't remember the name of the service.

I have a basic template created from Webs with a colour scheme which i'd like, so essentially it's just the initial site design, with some sort of CMS backing so I can change things myself.

I'd plan on creating a temp account on my hosting package to allow the designer to get everything up and running and I can maintain from then on.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Do up a full specification and post in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055802922

I'd be wary of using a bid site. Personally I'd avoid them like the plague except for a few jobs where you know exactly what you want and how to get it.
    Look for value not cheap price. Going for cheap might be the most costly saving you'll make.
    Avoid webs, iweb, wix, there not much good (that's kind). WordPress sounds about right for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement