Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

prenelf wrote: »
    1.png

Probably a stretch, but the stage could hint at little mac.

I think it's King Dee Dee Dee's boss stage from Kirby.

kss-dedede.png

I had no idea there'd be this much discussion about Brawl here. Will keep an eeeye on dis thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Im gonna be all over this **** when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

There's no cross platform play between 3DS and WiiU. There will be some cross compatibility, but it'll be limited to character customizations. Customizations weren't specified, but they're not costume changes.
    There was a "No Comment" on the stage editor returning.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/13/wii-u-and-3ds-smash-bros-will-not-have-cross-platform-play-wil/

Melee was designed for high level players and Brawl was designed for beginners new to the Wii. Smash 4 doesn't need to cater to beginners to Sakurai says it's being aimed for somewhere between Melee and Brawl.
    http://kotaku.com/the-next-smash-bros-will-balance-casual-and-hardcore-513211771

3rd Party Characters will be very limited, so Megaman is a special case. Don't be expecting a stream of non-Nintendo vets.
    He also mentioned this:
    "The reality of the situation unfortunately is that there are certain limitations on the 3DS," Sakurai said. The 3DS and Wii U versions of the next Smash Bros will have the same library of characters.

"So we're forced into the situation where we may need to reduce some characters to a certain degree. but we're really working hard in order to include as many characters as possible."
    http://kotaku.com/dont-expect-a-lot-of-third-party-characters-in-the-nex-513203533

Kotaku will have a long interview article soon so there might be a few new tidbits in there.

Sairus wrote: »
    We're forced into the situation where we may need to reduce some characters to a certain degree.

That's bull****. Handheld limitations of the 3DS shouldn't decide that the Wii U version has to be dumbed down. What a crappy excuse to be lazy, Nintendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

8495_644293432267099_1374117121_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Reduce some characters is a kind of vague statement. 3DS and Wii U versions getting same roster makes me happy though.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/13/wii-u-and-3ds-smash-bros-will-not-have-cross-platform-play-wil/

No cross platform play, wasnt expecting it either, and an unexplained character customization. If it isnt cosmetic, I can only assume it's gameplay related like a Tekken Revolution style level up system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Sairus wrote: »
    There's no cross platform play between 3DS and WiiU. There will be some cross compatibility, but it'll be limited to character customizations. Customizations weren't specified, but they're not costume changes.
    There was a "No Comment" on the stage editor returning.

Melee was designed for high level players and Brawl was designed for beginners new to the Wii. Smash 4 doesn't need to cater to beginners to Sakurai says it's being aimed for somewhere between Melee and Brawl.
    http://kotaku.com/the-next-smash-bros-will-balance-casual-and-hardcore-513211771

3rd Party Characters will be very limited, so Megaman is a special case.

Don't be expecting a stream of non-Nintendo vets.

He also mentioned this:
    "The reality of the situation unfortunately is that there are certain limitations on the 3DS," Sakurai said. The 3DS and Wii U versions of the next Smash Bros will have the same library of characters.

"So we're forced into the situation where we may need to reduce some characters to a certain degree. but we're really working hard in order to include as many characters as possible."
    http://kotaku.com/dont-expect-a-lot-of-third-party-characters-in-the-nex-513203533

Kotaku will have a long interview article soon so there might be a few new tidbits in there.

then why are they're 2 versions, should be one version

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    then why are they're 2 versions, should be one version
    3DS-It-Prints-Money.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Yo two versions all the way.

I already have portable monster hunter, now all I need is portable smash to be officially reclassified as a vegetable or mineral.

then it will 1st SSB version to release on a handheld because previous versions were home games console only

• Advertisement

then it will 1st SSB version to release on a handheld because previous versions were home games console only

I did not know this! You are clearly some kind of sorcerer!

Burn the witch!

1st super smash bros was released on n64, the 2nd was super smash bros aka SSB Melee was released on the gamecube and the 3rd was super smash bros aka SSB brawl was released on the wii

1st super smash bros was released on n64, the 2nd was super smash bros aka SSB Melee was released on the gamecube and the 3rd was super smash bros aka SSB brawl was released on the wii
    This is too much for me to take in! My mind is blown!

Kevin-Butler-Mind-Blown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I wish they'd just make Melee 2.

While there hasn't been a portable official Smash before, there has been portable smash-like games, such as the "Jump Stars" games which pretty clearly borrowed from the Smash formula (but in a good way).

The game has customisable characters, deck building and included characters from just about every Japanese manga ever. If you haven't played them they're well worth an import; and I think they show very nicely how a portable Smash could be AMAZING!

So I'm definitely in favour of Smash 4 being on 3DS.

i hope they add more playable new comers since we have to wait a bout a year like little Mac and pacman

i hope they add more playable new comers since we have to wait a bout a year like little Mac and pacman

Since the game is being developed by NamcoBandai, it wouldn't be too a stretch to assume one of their characters might show up. Probably not PacMan, but maybe someone like Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia for example, since his games were on GameCube and Wii, and the Tales director is part of the Smash Bros. development team.

Sakurai did say not to expect too many 3rd party characters, but that's not to say that there'll only be one.

^ There was a list leaked pretty early on that suggested Villager, Trainer, Megaman, Pac-man, Little Mac and your Mii

Now that half of those have been officially announced, it lends a bit more credibility to the rest of them, but is still unconfirmed/speculation.

• Advertisement

let hopefull for little mac since he is Nintendo character do you remember punch out on the snes and wii remake

^ There was a list leaked pretty early on that suggested Villager, Trainer, Megaman, Pac-man, Little Mac and your Mii

Now that half of those have been officially announced, it lends a bit more credibility to the rest of them, but is still unconfirmed/speculation.

Being able to play as your Mii was one of my favourite things about Mario Kart Wii - I would be very happy about this.

also i remember one other nintendo directs said that ssB 4 the tekken team has joined nintendo in production in of SSB 4 aswell, going might be tekken players add it to

but Pac-man is namco character

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You guys are all wrong, they secretly released this on Game Boy, look:

^ Why is this amazing? I mean, it is - but WHY??

theres no such game ever released on the gameboy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_for_the_original_Game_Boy
    A joke, my friend.

Smash Land is a de-make (taking an existing game and reimagining it for an older, less powerful system).

tumblr_mo99rmIKPr1rlxmdbo4_500.gif

tumblr_moeoadlNPl1rsc7fao1_1280.jpg

• Advertisement

What a clever Bowser joke

Advertisement