Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JOBS IN WATERFORD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

^ I dont think they would be that quick in giving interviews,it was only last Thursday or Friday that people found out about these jobs.

They would have had plenty of CV's on file from when they recruited 21 back in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Woodgate

How do you know this?
    No big secret, I actually rang the number given above and the message said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

I know for a fact that the recruitmant agency got over 700 applications for the 40 jobs :eek: Sad but that's the state of things now:(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Rumours (and I know we shouldn't really post rumours but I don't see any harm in it) are around today that Genzyme won some big contract and will be taking people on in the medium term. Keep your ear to the ground for that I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

ziedth wrote: »
    Rumours (and I know we shouldn't really post rumours but I don't see any harm in it) are around today that Genzyme won some big contract and will be taking people on in the medium term. Keep your ear to the ground for that I'd say.

Genzyme have been recruiting the last few months for the new facility opened,i worked there for 2 years and from what im hearing a lot of people are worried if the takeover from Sanofi Aventis go's through that there will be job losses if not a closure,but if they are taking people on then that's great news what with Honeywell too,its not much but at least there is some jobs coming into Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Can we have this thread stickied for a few week as its coming up to Christmas, and in fairness, the good people of Waterford were posting jobs. Well done, and keep it up.

Its gotten the second biggest number of hits outside of stikies, which says a lot.

It should be stickied.

^ Yeah very good point it should be a sticky thread,if i had of remembered this thread last week,i could of posted that Bulmers are looking for people for 2 weeks work,it was supposed to start this week but what with the lay off's i don't know what's happening now,you can claim your dole while you do the 2 weeks,Matrix recruitment are dealing with it,best to ring them in the morning on 051-850200.

Looking for security in Thomond park. HOW BAD!!
    G4S SECURE SOLUTIONS (IRE.) LTD. are looking for energetic, friendly people who can work flexible casual hours as a part of a team, primarily for Events at Thomond Park Stadium, Limerick.
    Events include rugby matches, concerts and soccer games.
    The successful candidates must have the right to work in Ireland and must be over 18 years of age.
    We are holding
    OPEN INTERVIEWS, so if you meet the above criteria and are interested in applying, come along and bring a C.V. to meet with our Event Coordinator, Rachel Flaherty and discuss what exciting event you could start working for!
    WHERE: Meeting Room 1C.04 (Education Block) in Limerick Institute of Technology.
    WHEN: Tuesday, 9th November, 12pm - 3pm.
    For Further Information, Contact Rachel Flaherty on:
    [EMAIL="stewards@thomondpark"]stewards@thomondpark[/EMAIL].

Good luck.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

A job in Limerick?
    Hardly a job in Waterford, should we just start posting jobs for Dublin too while we're at it?

Is it ok if i still tell people about the jobs in Bulmers Clonmel? It's not that far from Waterford,but the jobs are still on if anyone is interested just ring Matrix recruitment on 051-850206,it is only for 2 weeks but you can claim your dole so no need to sign off.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:
    Cabaal wrote: »
    A job in Limerick?
    Hardly a job in Waterford, should we just start posting jobs for Dublin too while we're at it?

bit sarky there cabaal?

I know its not exactly for Taoisagh ( although this might be coming up soon) or CEO, but it might be a handy few bob for going to Games and gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

The Thomond Job looks good in theory (getting to see loads of free gigs and matches) but I'd say you'd spend most of it in a car park away from the actual event?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Godsentme wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

bit sarky there cabaal?

I know its not exactly for Taoisagh ( although this might be coming up soon) or CEO, but it might be a handy few bob for going to Games and gigs.

I'm sure there's plenty of handy jobs in Dublin too that could be posted, better road system to Dublin as well. My point is this is a jobs in Waterford thread not jobs nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Anybody know about that BuyLo shop opening out the Cork Road, when and how do you apply for there?

Anybody know about that BuyLo shop opening out the Cork Road, when and how do you apply for there?

It's opening during the week so id say they have already filled the positions,but when it is opened im sure it would do no harm to drop in a CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Three Information Security Administration jobs going in IBM Ireland, Waterford in the IDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭mac1961

Topaz on the Cork Rd. had an ad up at the weekend for part-time work..apply online ..checked but there is no position available in Waterford..so whether website not up to date or job gone,cant say..

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Illy's the manager there. Sound lad, I'll ask next time I see him.

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking of Maxol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

any word on the sky centre that was meant to be opening next to aol/talk talk?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

Dan133269 wrote: »
    any word on the sky centre that was meant to be opening next to aol/talk talk?

first I heard of it

any more info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

There were rumours, nothing more, that sky were opening up a call centre in the premises next to aol/talk talk in january. I suppose it isnt happening now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

"Sale agreed" sign went up yesterday afternoon.
    No more information unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

Dan133269 wrote: »
    There were rumours, nothing more, that sky were opening up a call centre in the premises next to aol/talk talk in january. I suppose it isnt happening now anyway.

there were also rumours that sky were opening in the old ntl call centre.
    there has been some activity there over the past few weeks but not sure if that's people getting it ready or just doing some repairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

Condition was that if sky got a broadband license for Ireland they would open up the centre

I heard they were upgrading the broadband lines into the old UPC building from someone that works in Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

its opening alrite seemingly one of the perks will be a free sky package for all the workers there...

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

when will they start advertising so?

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Sounds good. There'll be a lot of us from AOL/TalkTalk moving across !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

why is the pay going to be better?

in fairness if it isnt , better off where ya are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

emo!! wrote: »
    why is the pay going to be better?

in fairness if it isnt , better off where ya are

AOL has disintegrated into a hell hole and Sky pay more. So no, its not better to stay where you are :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

tc2010 wrote: »
    AOL has disintegrated into a hell hole and Sky pay more. So no, its not better to stay where you are :D

Someone give that guy a medal !

Advertisement