Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Safe wild campervan motorhome spots ???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mollie99

Hey we have campervan. stayed in apple camping site in cahir. I think we paid 20 per night with awning and electricity. safe and gorgeous. lots of space between hard stands. great spot to park up. family orientated place

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Repolho

A couple of places we came across last weekend....

Adrigole Harbour, Co Cork.
    Nice little harbour with room for about 4 campers I would say. Its right beside West Cork Sailing School where you can hire kayaks or canoes and kayak around the bay where there are lots of seal. We didn't actually stay here as it was full.

Kenmare Pier, Co Kerry.
    This is probably a well known spot but I'll give it a mention anyhow. We stayed 1 night here. There were (I think) 5 other campers parked here the night we were there. It was nice and quiet and its its only a short stroll from the town. Very handy location.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

Hi all,
    in the last few weeks we've found some really nice spots for parking up.
    Dungarvan, (mentioned elsewhwere), lovely spot in un used coach bays, right by the town and the sea. Here

Cobh, again right by the sea and only a few minutes walk into town. Here Map is not the exact loaction but as you come into the town you will see signs for free parking and camper parking.

Kilmore Quay. Lovely spot by the sea, 2 minutes walk from the port and town and a great beach. Here There's not a lot of room in that spot but it was a busy weekend and there were other parking spots nearer the town.

All 3 are wild parking, no water or elec showers etc. All felt safe and seemed to be well known spots for Campers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

dwaned wrote: »
    Hi all,
    in the last few weeks we've found some really nice spots for parking up.
    Dungarvan, (mentioned elsewhwere), lovely spot in un used coach bays, right by the town and the sea. Here

Cobh, again right by the sea and only a few minutes walk into town. Here Map is not the exact loaction but as you come into the town you will see signs for free parking and camper parking.

Kilmore Quay. Lovely spot by the sea, 2 minutes walk from the port and town and a great beach. Here There's not a lot of room in that spot but it was a busy weekend and there were other parking spots nearer the town.

All 3 are wild parking, no water or elec showers etc. All felt safe and seemed to be well known spots for Campers.

See

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.172071,-6.59256,3a,75y,129.06h,69.15t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1stpkgFx9BghMki2fbhjfv4A!2e0!6m1!1e1

just down the road in Kilmore. Does anyone know of plans to develop that area and the green patch just west of it into a parking place for campers?
    I was there, in a car, a few weeks ago and a Wexford camper, in the very spot mentioned by dwaned said he'd heard a rumour of planning permission being sought!

piuswal wrote: »
    See

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.172071,-6.59256,3a,75y,129.06h,69.15t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1stpkgFx9BghMki2fbhjfv4A!2e0!6m1!1e1

just down the road in Kilmore. Does anyone know of plans to develop that area and the green patch just west of it into a parking place for campers?
    I was there, in a car, a few weeks ago and a Wexford camper, in the very spot mentioned by dwaned said he'd heard a rumour of planning permission being sought!

That area you have the map on is already gone, they've made it a green area. We were parked further up the road in the entrance to the small car park at the beach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Sorry, I may not have been very clear. I followed dwaned's link and it was at that spot the Wexford camper was situated. See photo attached.

Looking past the parked camper towards the Saltees is the area Im talking about. It is due west of the current car parks - I cannot recall if the tarmac area as shown in the the google map link I provided is gone but the green area is there and it is that area the guy in the camper was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Has anyone ever had any trouble or been moved on from Woodstown Co. Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Looking for somewhere to wild camp around the Clonmel area, Apple camp site is not an option as I will have dogs with me

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Mahon falls car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Baldandold

se conman wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had any trouble or been moved on from Woodstown Co. Waterford?

A friend of mine camped there a few weeks ago no problem, BUT the beach bylaws do say that the fine for overnight parking is a max of 32 euro.

• Advertisement

Wild camping in Portmagee, Co. Kerry
    http://t.co/g7XgDp2HIp http://t.co/LrdxhOql6D

Found this spot last night, traveled around Valencia island just off the ring of Kerry (beautiful place) then when you come back across the bridge to the mainland there is a parking area with toilets. There were 4 other campers and room for more.the toilets were spotless, busy enough little spot but didn't find the noise a problem.
    I'm updating these areas on Twitter as I go along with photos and maps. If you want to follow my user name is in my Sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Baldandold wrote: »
    ... fine for overnight parking...

I have often seen this sign for overnight parking, but there is always cars parked overnight. Is this a fine that implemented only for campers? or is it one of those fines that dragged out when 'they' want to use something against camper vans? Anyone ever seen a car get one of these?

Advertisement